Sign in to follow this  
WayneDwake

Map vote randomizer.

All this needs is a simple couple of code lines and it will be good to go.

Basically, when everyone is prompted to choose which map should be played next, having the list randomised for everyone will greatly improve the map circulation on the server. For instance

These 5 maps are selected to be chosen by everyone on the server.

A,B,C,D,E.

A,B,C,D,E (PLAYER 1 SEE'S THIS)

A,B,C,D,E (PLAYER 2 SEE'S THIS)

A,B,C,D,E (PLAYER 3 SEE'S THIS)

------------------

Instead of have them appear like that for everyone, they will look like:

B,C,A,E,D (PLAYER 1 SEE'S THIS)

C,B,D,E,A (PLAYER 2 SEE'S THIS)

D,C,B,A,E (PLAYER 3 SEE'S THIS)

So on and so forth. That way, we won't have to go to the map in the #1 choice and we will achieve a much larger circulation of maps.

This will remove the effect of

"everyone pressing 1"

or "1 pls/11111111"

This should take much effort to import. It shouldn't take any effort at all. All that needs to be done is to implement a script which randomises the given choices.

But doesn't that make nominate pointless in a way? I nominate the map i want because it's likely that it'll be chosen if it's number 1. Or do you mean it doesn't affect nominate?

This wouldn't reduce the amount of 1 spammers, it would just mean we get more shitty maps with no way to influence it - people are still going to spam 1.

Nominate or not, the 5 maps (well, 4, excluding "Extend Map Duration?")

are selected.

If you nominated "ba_jail_NOMINATED", it will still show up on the list..

----------------------------

All this is doing is changing the numbers when voting. It's main purpose is to avoid the 1 spam.

That way, every player will see the same 5 maps on the voting list, however, they will not have them in the same order to choose from.

The "nominate" menu won't be touched or even slightly affected. This has no effect on the gameplay or any system in general.

Here, let me put is this way

THIS IS HOW THE CURRENT SYSTEM IS FOR EVERYONE AND WHAT YOU SEE ON YOUR SCREEN.

This is what is shown to every player (exactly as is)

Player 1,2,3,4,....n

Select Next MAp(Or vote for next map. I forgot what it says)

1. ba_jail_map_1

2. ba_jail_map_2

3. ba_jail_map_3

4. ba_jail_map_4

5. Extend Current Map

THIS IS HOW IT WILL LOOK TO PLAYERS AFTER THE ADDITON

Player 1

1. ba_jail_map_1

2. ba_jail_map_4

3. ba_jail_map_2

4. ba_jail_map_3

5. Extend Current Map

Player 2

1. ba_jail_map_2

2. ba_jail_map_1

3. ba_jail_map_4

4. ba_jail_map_3

5. Extend Current Map

Player n

1. ba_jail_map_3

2. ba_jail_map_4

3. ba_jail_map_2

4. ba_jail_map_1

5. Extend Current Map

---------------------------------------------

Dead simple. All it does is just randomise the position the the maps on the vote list

#1 = no vote would work, not a bad idea really.

It would keep the coordonation we can have when people reccomend a good/bad map to/not to vote for. Since all the numbers will be the same for everyone.

On the other hand, the completely random selection might yield a more unbiased vote, showing genuinely which map is the most favoured.

I still don't get it though, people press 1 because they're lazy. Why do you think changing the map order would make any difference? They're still going to press 1 regardless of what map it is, meaning we likely get a shitty map that no-one really wants.

Whereas now we get one of the popular decent maps, due to nominated maps showing up in the one position.

Edit - You know that if you nominate a map, it will always show up in the number one spot when choosing a map to change to, right? Dunno if that's where the confusion lies.

Changing the number one spot to 'No vote' would help alot, as it means the people who actually bothered to look at the map and vote properly will be the only people that actually affect the map change.

Changing the number one spot to 'No vote' would help alot, as it means the people who actually bothered to look at the map and vote properly will be the only people that actually affect the map change.

And I also miss this a lot even though I do look at the maps, sometimes you're bussy on T or CT so you just can't do a quick vote. I just press a random button so that I can go back to switching weapons for example. I'd like it be possible to just vote 1.

People will get used to it after a while and instead of spam-pres number 1 they will do the same with any other number.

We go trough the complete maplist, learn to live with it, I've seen treads like this one several times now...