Sign in to follow this  
Jamie

Fluxy - I need your help if possible

You have plantronics gamecom 780 headset right?

If so, could you give me a hand (or anyone else if possible). Im having issues with the mic being static/buzzing. This only happens in CSS! And any other half life games.

I've noticed you don't have this problem so could you tell me what your windows + css settings are for voice?

Also do you use the driver software which allows you to switch to 7.1? I tried reinstalling the software and it didn't work!

Also I know it's to do with boost settings however whenever I try unchecking mic boost ingame it just doesn't stay off... Also I cant find any mic boost option in windows :/ it was there for my other mics but not for this one.

Hey Twist here is how you fix the problem since I had it when i first started using my mic.

1. go into control panel then sound

2. go to the recording tab and you should see your headset there.

3. Double click it and you should get a screen with ways to edit the levels of your mic

4. There should be a tab called "advanced" if you click that you get a series of check boxes.

5. I cant really remember what they say but check the ones that say they like cancel out low freqeuncy and stuff like that. If i remember correctly there are 3 options, i checked the top one and the bottom one. Also if people complain about your mic in game after this play around slightly with the voice transimit very carfully, I find this works. Hope that helps man, for some reason with gamecom the boost micrphone thing in game will stay checked (dont know why). As for the software, im not sure about that but it isent reallllyyy that important, i only notice I small difference with 7.1.

if that dosent help let me know and ill have a look at what else I did :)

Fixed it! Btw all you need is the low freq option, loud equiliser only adds more background fan noise, like an airfield (which is what yours sounds like sometimes on ts). Try turning that option off!

You are a prince though, thanks for the help.