Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Final Fantasy

Hey y'all, currently replaying ff9 since I got my new tv, It was my favorite mainly because it was the first one I played and completed.

I loved the landscapes and the city designs, with its renaissance feel, and quirky characters. I loved Vivi's story in the game, his loneliness, naivety and his internal struggle once he found out who he is.

Also the end was heartbreaking.

So yes, what were your favorite ff and why, do you play any? thoughts on other ff's

I played ff12 and it was shit. I got into it and kept finding myself put it down. It was too linear and no sort of exploration was there. I remember asking someone and they said it never stops being linear. So I sold it.

FF8 was my ex's fave, she always bigged it up, although I wasn't a particular fan, I think I found the weapons and locations/surroundings too modern. I still played it most of the way through, and will play it again. I just wasn't overly fond of all the futurism.

FF7 was the first game I saw, my friend was playing it, it was great, materia system confused me, but that was probably because I wasn't playing. The story was great, and even after playing crisis core and watching advent children I do think the story is well put together. Oddly enough I didn't feel this was too futury for me, maybe it was the drastic change in the graphics 8 gave that spurned me away.

FF10 was awesome. I loved the characters actually talking, it gave them a new side to their personality. I loved both the theme tunes from the game as I did the other music. The soundtrack was pretty good. The story was enjoyable and it really was a game I enjoyed. I managed to immerse myself in this story line, plus the blitzball minigame was fun as hell, especially trying to find new players etc.

I have only played FF-X and FF-X2.

I liked FF-X more then FF-X2, since the story in FF-X was more enjoyable. It seemed like in X2 the story was to straight forward although I got to say the black guy with the little bird was amazing.

But yeah blitzball and the story between Yuna and Tidus. Not to forget the story between Tidus and his dad. I really enjoyed it the music was good the graphics were amazing and the story took me away completely.

FF-X my all time favourite.

ffx2 - black guy with bird? ff xii you mean.

ffx-2 was a sequal to ffx where yuna went on a search to find tidus

unless it also had a black guy with a tiny baby chocobo, in which case, weird coincidence.

Also can't remember tidus' dad. Refresh my memory plox?

Ah no its XII then.

Also, tidus his dad:

Jecht

Jecht (ジェクト Jekuto?) is Tidus' father, and a blitzball celebrity in his hometown of Dream Zanarkand.[89] Jecht is a tall, muscular, and surly man armed with a large sword. He is voiced by Gregg Berger in English and Masuo Amada in Japanese. It is mentioned multiple times in game that Tidus hates Jecht, as he often verbally abused him as a child;[90] however, Jecht deeply loved Tidus, but found himself unable to express it in a kind way.[91] Jecht became Nomura's favorite character from Final Fantasy X he designed as the finishing model was identical to his first sketches.[1]

Before the start of Final Fantasy X, Jecht was taken to Spira by Sin, and was thought to be dead in Zanarkand.[92] In Spira, Jecht joined Auron as one of Braska's guardians to defeat Sin. Having lost hope of returning home, Jecht gave his life to become Braska's Final Aeon, which temporarily defeated Sin;[93] beforehand, he requests that Auron take care of Tidus, believing that Auron could find a way to Dream Zanarkand, and Auron agrees. As a consequence, Jecht became the new Sin ten years later. Sometime later, Jecht asserts some control over Sin, makes his way to the Dream Zanarkand, and communicates with Auron, to transport Tidus to the Spira mainland, repeatedly communicating with his son so that he could find a way to permanently dispose of Sin.[94] Near the end of the game, Tidus' group confronts Jecht inside Sin taking the form of Braska's Final Aeon (ブラスカの究極召喚 Burasuka no Kyūkyoku Shōkan?).[95] Before Jecht's death in battle, Tidus makes peace with his father.[96]

Jecht has a small voice cameo in the final battles of Final Fantasy X-2 along with Braska and Auron, during which time they give the protagonists encouraging words and advice on where to strike at the machine Vegnagun. Jecht is the villain representing Final Fantasy X in Dissidia Final Fantasy.[15] As revealed in the prequel Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy, Jecht is a Warrior of Cosmos, who gives up his position to save Tidus's life before he turned into a Warrior of Chaos.[97]