Sign in to follow this  
barrythemorris

ba_jail_ob_facilityBv1

I'll include the current version map download as an attachment at the end of this post.

FacilityB version 1

Content

Armoury

The armoury is where the CTs spawn, there are two exit doors that open via a button inside the armoury. The armoury can only be opened from the inside. Weapons spawn via a button on the glass that contains them. There is no limit to the number of spawned weapons, however it takes 3 seconds for a weapon to spawn. You cannot access guns outside the armoury even when dropped against the doors and walls. The doors do not kill players who stand over them.

Contains: ammo

m4a1 90 , deagle 35, awp 20, sg550 40(auto sniper), sg552 90, dual elites 90, p90 100, m249 200(machine gun), xm1014 60 (auto shotgun)

Picture of armoury:

MlYqj.jpg

Cell area

The cell area contains 14 cells, there are no guns or vents inside the cells. The cells are opened by a button inside a small protected building. There is a blue square at the bottom of the cell stairs to make sure Ts know where to go. Similarly there is a red line to guide them to the obstacle course. Finally there is a ladder on one side of the cells, by going across the cells you can access a vent, which takes two right clicks to open. The vent leads to the armoury and you will take 6 points of fall damage dropping in from the ceiling. However the path to the vent can be easily covered from almost anywhere.

Picture of cell area:

iyPyM.jpg

Obstacle course

A red line guides the Ts into the start of obstacle, a building to the right allows the CTs to watch over the Ts and activates the start and finish doors of the obstacle. Once activated the starting door cannot be closed, the only way to leave the obstacle is to complete it. Fall damage from the obstacle scales with fall distance and you will be teleported back to the start if you survive. The obstacle course is fairly easy for the most part. But requires a tricky strafe jump at the end.

Picture of obstacle course:

SZDyQ.jpg

Notes

The map has 16 CT spawn points and 28 T spawn points, the cell doors only open when the cell button is pressed, cell doors do not kill players. Images are taken at lowest quality. It is hard to rebel on this map. No draw has been added to all faces not shown.

personal notes

I think it needs better textures and closer attention to detail. Please feel free to add suggestions and feedback in this thread.

MAP FILE VV

ba_jail_ob_facilityBv1.zip

Break up the boring square cell area, and give some curves to the building.

Also the cell area is fucking big although the space you are using is not. Maybe break the room up in 2 sectors to get rid of that empty look.

Agreed with your points about better texturing, i like that you seem to have made the cell area bigger. Overall it really seems like you have the basis for a good map. Armoury is much improved as well, the buttons for guns system is 10x better than most maps.

Things i think you should do/add;

- Increase the amount of right clicks the vent takes to break.

- If you have to add a gun cell, add one with a USP, and make the USP only have 1 clip of ammo

- Add a big cage in the cell area with tables/boxes.

- Add a catwalk around the cell area so CT can watch T

- Add Dodgeball/Swimming Pool/Medic/Kitchen

- Add some sort of Team Trivia area with buzzers? Something i'd love to see in a map, since trivia is such a common JB game.

- Add windows to the main cell area, that'd help break it up and make it look nicer. (Could include windows in the roof)

- Add some sort of lift? I don't know why but i like lifts c:

- Moar secrets. Smokes that have things on them wooooo!

Just some ideas :) <3

You miss something in your map that most maps miss and that something makes the map look really good or rubbish.

It is quite simple, Reality.

You might ask yourself what does that even have to do with mapping.

Well ill explain it with minecraft.

When I play minecraft and design a house or something else I tend to make it as real as possible.

A roof cant be hold up by walls only. It needs support beams.

Add support beams to your walls, this will fill up the empty look aswell it will look really nice. Aswell as tiny suggested windows will break it up aswell.

Another thing I might suggest is use the enviroment. Use the space you have and the objects you already made. The walls could be used for games a good example: Spray contest. Make some lines on the wall and its fine. But if you would make a ramp that could go upwards and downwards towards the wall and some lines on that spot you have a proper game. How high can you spray and how low. The upwards ramp would be used for spraying high and the downwards one would be used to play how low can you go. Where the objective is to spray your spray very low but it cant hid the ground. Since the ramp would be downwards you could have a red line on the same hight of the ground indicating where the sprays should not cross.

This is one of the many simple ideas I have for maps. To be honnest I am full of ideas for maps but I am not that well in mapping. Or lets say I cant be botherd to map since it takes a lot of time.

Other ideas I had:

3D maze or a moving floor maze. (If you want I could explain both.)

Low gravity Obstacle course or a trampoline obstacle course.

Make the shark game real, make a pool with holes on the side where the CT's can hit some buttons to fire objects to kill the Ts in the water.

I hope this might give you some inspiration in what you could do.

I like the idea of the pool with the buttons, not seen that in any Jb maps. Just make it like the car game, but the CT control a shark that swims round and eats people mehehe. Maybe add some floating things the T can try to stay on.

Also you should do a balance game, it's pretty simple.

2 frozen disks on poles. T have to stand on them and keep them balanced, CT press a button to start/finish the game. If the disk slips, the T's fall into a pit below and die. (idea taken from mg_holdyourbalance)