Sign in to follow this  
Proxima

[MAP] zm_apocalypse

I want to renew one of the maps I made years ago together with a friend of me. The map I am talking about is a zombie-mode map with a lot of potential. It got some secrets, it got a cool moving port,etc

However I always got for the feedback that the map should be bigger. So I've tried to make it bigger, but what I want to add to the map is a sewer.

I've tried it a dozain times, the conclusion is, I can't make a decent sewer. Why? well, it just looks bad. Very bad..

the map doesn't have bugs left, it's a good map to work in.

So if anyone with lots of time and experience in Source SDK Hammer can help me out with this I would be really happy.

Basically only a cool sewer needs to be added. (with some green, slimey look, you know how those things look :D) The other things I can make myself.

Edited by Guest

Pictures of the map as it looks now.

But there is a big chance everything will change, since I want to make it look like an abandoned place where some bio-weapon went off.

ApocalypseInterieur.jpg

ApocalypseIntro.jpg

ApocalypseOvervieuw1.jpg

ApocalypseOvervieuw2.jpg

ApocalypsePort.jpg

Also, I am planning to make it night :) Since that gives a better effect for Zombie-mode

http://gamebanana.com/maps/154919

This is a ZE map where some parts might give you ideas on making the sewer. Start of the map looks nice to use for it.

Question though: Do you want a large sewer ( a lot of space to walk) or a smaller one with more passageways ( like an actual sewer )?

Both have its ups and downs for ZM.

There is another ZE map that has a nice sewer, but I forgot the name of the map and I doubt anyone here knows it. Was a map where a truck ran around in circles around lotsa buildings where everyone camped till helicopter or boat ( sewer route ) was there.

Biggles or Twist or anyone, what were those ZE maps called that I despised for being ZM mods? They had the same name in every map but I can't remember and can't look up either as I dont have any maps on my laptop. gibe names pls.

It is already looking totally different now :D

So what did I do so far since I picked up the line.

° Removing litle bugs, glitches, texture faults.

° Added a new secret teleport.

° The part with the door with the secret door, got an other entrance, you now can hit the glass also at the bottem. that way it's fair for people who dn't know the map also.

I will upload the map soon. Than you guys can check it and give feedback. :)

Prox, you should update this to a JB map. It looks awesome

It should be possible since it got a main area, what could be the cellblock. But I think It's a bit to much work for now :D

First zombie mode :D

(also, jailbreak got more stuff like buttons.. I actually hate to make buttons for cells, for things :P

A few good yes, but not more)

UPDATED: downloadlink for the map, (No sign-up needed now)

http://www.mediafire.com/?cv5c4f67nxgqc81