Sign in to follow this  
Fin

Future of Outbreak?

So, right now we're chugging along quite nicely. Server is populated and quite a nice place to play (mostly). I was wondering what direction you'd like to see us take. Obviously this isn't official or anything, just thought i'd ask the community as you guys are what we do all this for.

I'll level some of the challenges we face.

Summer holidays are over so obviously fewer people will be playing during the day which'll mean the server will be more congested around 4-9pm and sparsely populated at most other times. So whether we need to add more slots for peak times and risk looking dead at other times.

Another issue is, of course people playing new games, primarily Guild Wars 2 *spits on the ground* and what we do in regards to becoming a multi-game community. Whether this is a direction we want to take or if we should focus on Counter-Strike and try to expand 'internally' (whether the CS:S is a dying game and we should switch to CS:GO).

I'll add other issues as they're suggested.

So, give us your ideas for the future of Outbreak. What do you want to see happen. Spitball!

I and the other modmins will be policing this thread (hopefully). So stay on topic and try to be concise and clear. No pussy-footing around ideas! THIS IS SRSBSNSSS.

SRS MODE

I'd like to see a JB server in CS:GO. I really think a good UK jailbreak server there could thrive, and it's close enough to CS:S to allow us to moderate both with the same rules and use much of the same maps we do now. (right?)

DO WANT MORE DONATOR HATS. MORE HATS. HAAAAATTSSSS

i definitely think two servers run parallel would be fun, so users could pop up on both

also i think new maps (or old ones reinstated) and events need to be introduced regularly to stop things from becoming stale

I suggest you should stick to Cs:s and CS:Go and not expand it to other games ( Having a GW2 section is fine to me, just don't expand it ).

A JB server on GO is imo a bit risky though. You would have to spread the admin team a bit then. Also it would create 2 different sides. Most people will stick to 1 of 2 servers thus creating 2 groups. I might be wrong, but still think there is a chance.

I suggest a different server ( like the minigames you had before ). To try this, maybe we should make a poll about what kind of server every1 wants. Make the poll last long enough though so that people who don't always visit the forums still get a chance to vote ( I'd say leave it 2 weeks ). After that see how it's spread out and consider getting a server like that.

Make sure the admins are willing to play on the other chosen server aswell then ( or recruit more ).

But doesn't creating two servers have exactly the same effect as creating another on CS:GO Shadow? :S

People will still stick to one server over the other, spreading the admin team across etc. I've seen it happen to countless communitys.

At least with CS:GO only people with the game will be able to play it.

Spreading the entire CSS population over 2 servers doesn't seem like a good idea =/ we should recruit from CS:GO.

That is why I said admins need to be willing to play on the new server aswell ( BOTH servers ). And the poll would decide if other people would play on the JB together with the other one. I know what you mean with communities dividing in 2 ( BLAZE ). If the poll doesn't give convincing results then don't do it and just wait it out a bit.

I MISS THE OLD BLAZE ZOMBIE ESCAPE SERVER.

I would love a traditional CSS server, with the normal game mode. This would require much less moderating, and it would just be nice to play on there if either jailbreak is full, or if you aren't in the mood for it.