Sign in to follow this  
Tiny

Suggesting a community dropbox/fileshare

Hello everyone, yo' favourite post spammer here;

So a big part of the community is uploading demos/videos etc.

I was thinking, since we have some donation money to play with, why not get a dropbox or group filesharing account.

Fast upload and download speeds would definitely make both member and mod/admin jobs easier. For example, UL/DL'ing a demo of a cheat/freekiller/wallhacker.

An example would be a Mediafire account.

Just a suggestion, thoughts?

~ Tiny.

Dropbox has helped me last year to work out a project with my friend. Is there a limit to the amount of people on 1 shared folder? I know there is a size limit but not sure about people.

If you do this, don't forget to take the proper security measures ( don't give all people full access ).

Last year, I had to make a website for uploading / downloading as a project. It's not hard to put an uploader somewhere that can upload 1 file at a time ( I had to make for multiple files, worked offline but not on the school server for some unknown reason ). Just checked and seems the site is still there LOL.

Anyway, maybe you could add it somewhere. The major problem that I see happening though, website is made with php and I'm not sure if you can do it in there as easily as with aspx ( in which I had to do it ).