Sign in to follow this  
M1nt-l0u

CT Ban request

Hi guys,

First thing,

There was a freeday and the cells were opened for about 2 seconds and then closed again, the commander (RhysDevilX) Shot me and then opened the cells to let everyone else out... Really annoying

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:36167329 <-- RhysDevilX

But wait, it gets better, we were doing Trivia, there was a chemistry Question asked by RhysDevilX which was,

"What letter is Hydrogen on the periodic table"

Evoletah (Ellis) : h

mintlou : H

Xaero Tolerance : H

TomEastwood : h

LUNCHBOX. : h

That was the chatbox immediately after the question, I, clearly have won because I have correctly answered the question because as everyone knows, all elements are to start with a capital letter followed by a lowercase if applicable...

Rhys then says "Right then Ellis choose a T to die"

I'm like WHAT?? I was the one who submitted the first correct answer, at which point I was shot and told "That it does not matter and a lowercase "h" is acceptable... C'mon, if Tweep was there he would have backed me up on this one...

I am just angry about this and something needs to be said about it, why he shot me I don't know, I was not the chosen Terrorist to die and one had not been chosen..

Thanks,

Lewis.

Alright first off, there are loads of games that are played that involve typing in most the person/commander that is giving the questions must note that the awnsers need to be spellt correctly and that the capatalisation needs to be correct. This seems like taking the piss but if you dont then it might be the case that the commander takes in awnsers that are barely spelt correctly or miss capital letters. Just like in your case.

So thats not something that could be complained about.

About the shooting I have no idea, but then again you have no proof so unless you have recorded proof about what hapend we wont do anything. But if what you said is true then no its not allowed.

Simple example:

Commander: "We are playing movie game, giving first letter now. B"

A random T that answered first: "Batmna"

Commander: "I know what he means so he wins. I did not specify rules so I can let him win."

^

This happens sometimes and it's normal. If you don't state rules for correct spelling then people can't argue about someone having the right answer but just spelled slightly wrong. In trivia you mostly never ask for this, I only use it for Movie / Game game.

Hey,

I appreciate you guys looking over this and sharing your opinions, It was really only the fact that he killed me after I said that I was right because I used the correct case and what not.

See ya soon

getting my 2 pennys worth in here

well you could say the same thing for Whats the capital of Germany? answers G or Belgium. Since he didn't specify for the city and Germany has a capital letter thus asking for the capital it could mean capital city or capital letter.

Rigggght

Technically Mintlou is right, and I will back him up on this. All elements start with a capital letter, and there is no disputing this. However, we won't CT ban him for his scientific incompetence. If you read this Rhys, I am disappointed in you for failing to understand pre-GCSE Chemistry. However, this game is like trouble in terrorist town; it is about the people. It is a completely human game - you can't play this without other people. Naturally, this means it is open to human error.

We won't ct ban someone for making a mistake - making mistakes is sort of part of the game. Making mistakes really isn't good for peoples reputation though, so that in itself is a deterrent from doing so. Although he might have been wrong, shit happens.

Also, freeshooting can be an issue - shooting people when no instructions have been given, or for little or no reason, is unacceptable. No admins saw this, so we can't really do or say much about this, but the fact that we don't tolerate people shooting for no or little reason is what separates us from a lot of other places.

getting my 2 pennys worth in here

well you could say the same thing for Whats the capital of Germany? answers G or Belgium. Since he didn't specify for the city and Germany has a capital letter thus asking for the capital it could mean capital city or capital letter.

Some1 please lock this post for stupidity.

No no no no this is the most pathetic thing i've ever seen and I can't believe I'm about to answer it seriously

What is the symbol for hydrogen - H

What is the letter for hydrogen - h

You see the difference?

To be honest I can't really remember if he said Symbol or letter, I'm gonna just leave this now and get over it, It wasn't a big deal it was just slightly frustrating the way he killed me after I asked him about it....

Someone just lock this please!

:D

Ok So I just saw this, Yeah I admit about the element thing abit stupid, But when I killed you in your cell you cant say it was for no reason you were Knifing the vent, I find this post a little stupid but Yeah

THERE WAS NO VENT AND I WAS KNIFING THE CELL DOOR BECAUSE YOU LEFT ME IN THERE!!! ARGGHHH....

*Deep Breathing*

Phew....

Oh dear oh dear oh dear!!! I want to end this discussion