Sign in to follow this  
Skillershark

Custom LR

So I couldn't find the rules about this anywhere, although I may just be blind, but what changes an lr from being a normal lr to a custom lr? I get with race, it is custom to make you do climb(unless you just put the race ending at the top, i guess?), and I understand saying "no knife" and things of the sort isn't custom lr on gun toss, but I feel there are a few grey patches in the middle. For example, I tried doing a gun toss lr where there was no knifing allowed and you had to throw from a certain area, but you could knife it if you walked backwards after you threw it. Just wondering so I know what I can and can't do without meaning it is a custom lr.

I believe it's netiquette for the T to explain the custom LR, then ask the CT if he accepts it.

He can refuse.

But i don't believe it's got any rules tied to it.

That still leaves me confused about rules for things like gun toss, or shot4shot when it wasn't bugged. I've never seen "no knifing" or whatnot having to be accepted, or even being explained as a custom LR. I enjoy mixing things up a bit with LRs and adding weird rules, so just need to know how far I can go without it being custom

I believe it's netiquette for the T to explain the custom LR, then ask the CT if he accepts it.

He can refuse.

But i don't believe it's got any rules tied to it.

That still leaves me confused about rules for things like gun toss, or shot4shot when it wasn't bugged. I've never seen "no knifing" or whatnot having to be accepted, or even being explained as a custom LR. I enjoy mixing things up a bit with LRs and adding weird rules, so just need to know how far I can go without it being custom

Anything that deters from the vanilla rules is a custom LR as far as I'm concerned.

Basically if it's not it's namesake, it's custom e.g. gun toss, you just toss a gun and land it somewhere.

Thus, gun toss where you can knife the gun is custom.

You can look at there being three different types of LR:

• Generic ones taken from the list given by !lr
  • LRs taken from !lr but with tweaks
  • LRs that are completely custom

In the latter two, you need to ask the CT whether they are willing to do this. Climb is special, in that it has two scenarios. If you place the ending beacon at the end of the climb and there is no other way to reach it, it is not a custom LR. If there is another way of reaching it (such as, you're lazy and can't be bothered to do climb first, it IS a custom LR.

Do note, with all LRs:

7 ♦ Last request must be fair for both participants - custom LRs must be explained, and CTs have the right to say no to them.