Sign in to follow this  
Simon

[SUG] See Alive Player's Health

Long ago I posted this -

Lowest HP Game - All Ts are supposed to have same hp(Important) reach a previously specified high place(preferably a high tower) and they are asked to jump down. Whoever has the lowest HP chooses his LR partner.

*EDIT* Sometimes I even allow them to do it any number of times they want and from any place but in a specified time frame. Most of the times there is only 1 left even before the game finishes.

Now I don't know if you can see the player health of players from spectator or not, so you may need an admin for this as I can't even find a plugin which shows player health on aiming him with crosshair as in 1.6

Not a bad game, but unfortunately CTs can't see T's HP.

So now I have made this sourcemod plugin which can show a players health on PrintHintText box upon aiming on them but I don't have srcds to test it so here it is -

#include 
#include 
#include 

#define PLUGIN_VERSION   "1.0"

new target_health;

public Plugin:myinfo =
{
	name = "HUD Health",
	author = "Simon",
	description = "Show health on HUD for CSGO",
	version = PLUGIN_VERSION,
	url = "http://www.sourcemod.net/"
};

public OnPluginStart()
{
    LoadTranslations("common.phrases");
	CreateConVar("sm_hud_health", PLUGIN_VERSION, "Show health on HUD", FCVAR_PLUGIN | FCVAR_SPONLY | FCVAR_DONTRECORD | FCVAR_NOTIFY);
	CreateTimer(0.5, Timer, _, TIMER_REPEAT);
}

stock TraceClientViewEntity(client)
{
	new Float:m_vecOrigin[3];
	new Float:m_angRotation[3];

GetClientEyePosition(client, m_vecOrigin);
	GetClientEyeAngles(client, m_angRotation);

new Handle:tr = TR_TraceRayFilterEx(m_vecOrigin, m_angRotation, MASK_VISIBLE, RayType_Infinite, TRDontHitSelf, client);
	new pEntity = -1;

if (TR_DidHit(tr))
	{
		pEntity = TR_GetEntityIndex(tr);
		CloseHandle(tr);
		return pEntity;
	}

if(tr != INVALID_HANDLE)
	{
		CloseHandle(tr);
	}

return -1;
}

public Action:Timer(Handle:timer)
{
	for(new i = 1; i <= MaxClients; i++)
	{
		if (IsClientInGame(i))
		{
			new target = TraceClientViewEntity(i);
			if(target > 0 && target <= MaxClients && IsClientInGame(target) && IsPlayerAlive(target))
			{
				target_health = GetClientHealth(target);
				PrintHintText(i, "HP: \"%i\"", target_health);
			}
		}
	}
	return Plugin_Continue; 
}

public bool:TRDontHitSelf(entity, mask, any:data)
{
return (1 <= entity <= MaxClients); 
}

If there is anyone familiar with SourcePawn then check the code as I am not too familiar with SourcePawn.

Link to the thread

EDIT: Plugin posted on AlliedModders

Edited by Guest

Interesting

So you're sending out a ray trace from the players view, checking if it hit a player then displaying a hint with that players health.

Could be good, although isn't there a few plugins or server commands for viewing enemy health anyway?

It'd be good if you could do it for just a specific person, for example the two people in LR.

Interesting

So you're sending out a ray trace from the players view, checking if it hit a player then displaying a hint with that players health.

Could be good, although isn't there a few plugins or server commands for viewing enemy health anyway?

It'd be good if you could do it for just a specific person, for example the two people in LR.

I couldn't find any plugin or server command that can do this till now. I wanted to make it available only for Counter-Terrorists so that they can check players' health and then can conduct the Lowest HP game. Though I can do it for specific people.(Why for the 2 people in lr?)

Edit: If anyone can compile it(needs sdktools, sourcemod) then I can publish it on AlliedModders.

Interesting

I couldn't find any plugin or server command that can do this till now. I wanted to make it available only for Counter-Terrorists so that they can check players' health and then can conduct the Lowest HP game. Though I can do it for specific people.(Why for the 2 people in lr?)

If you do need to implement it for certain people, take a look at https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1044646.

Here there is an admin group that can see everybodies health.

Interesting

If you do need to implement it for certain people, take a look at https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1044646.

Here there is an admin group that can see everybodies health.

That plugin was the closest thing to it but doesn't have CS:GO/CS:S support. The reason is basically that CS:GO and CS:S do not support HUD text as of now.

Games Supporting hudtext:

-TF2

-Age of Chivarly

-hl2mp

-insurgency

-zombie_master

-sourceforts

-obsidian

-bg2

And yeah I know how to implement it for specific people as I have good knowledge of coding in Pawn which was used in 1.6 and CZ. It is just that I have uploaded the version which is not updated by that because I didn't know if the server would need it.