Sign in to follow this  
JakeCambo

PC Builds/Componets? Lists?

So, at the start of the summer I obtained a job in attempt to buy myself a real PC since right now I am struggling on my iMac. I will have about €900 euro by the end of August and I am wondering if that it enough to make a full gaming PC rig, I would like to spend the €900 on a full PC and obtain the rest of the equipment (screens, keyboard, mouse, etc) during the rest of the year. So what I am really asking is if you guys, the kind OB community, can help me but together a decent PC that I can smoothly run games on with a good constant fps rate. I have never built a PC before so if u guys could link step by step videos on how to build stuff and what extras I should have that would be great. I know not all of u guys might want to help but I would really appreciate a small list of recommended Components. Thanks again, Jake

At current exchange rates, 900 euros is 632 British pounds and 988 American dollars, just in case you're not used to the currency.

In my opinion, £600 will buy you a computer that will be able to play any game above 30 fps (within reason). I'd suggest going with an AMD graphics card (better value for money than Nvidia), 6GB of ram (you might be able to stretch to just using 4, but especially if you're using windows this can be a problem) and an intel CPU, perhaps i3/i5?

Bump, trying to make a list just so I know what I am getting looking a reviews of all the above items and they all seem to be ok :)

So, I'm sure you'll already know this stuff, but if you're putting the computer together yourself, you should do some stuff:

• Wear anti-static gloves (or touch something that is conductive and grounded).
  • Get an ice tray to store the small screws and stuff, it'll stop you losing them.
  • Build back-->front, so that you don't have to read behind a component to put another one in.
  • Don't have a drink while putting it together (totally not from own experience)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/wis ... _huc_title

That adds to £566, leaving you £34 to make changes or add something like a CD drive.

The list contains an SSD which you will use for your operating system and a few games you play a lot. There is also a 1TB HDD for normal stuff.

The Nvidia GTX 750Ti is a good card, I'm using the 650Ti and get 90fps on GTA 5 with high texture quality. I get about 200-400 FPS in CSGO and when I used to play battlefield I could easily get 60fps on high settings, not ultra, but then the price of this rig isn't ultra either.

Let me know if you want to have a talk about it. We might be able to change a few things to better suit your needs.

And you can trust my lists, I've done the build lists for:

Sir_Conor

Biggles

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/wishlist/3Q0PBD4W0YK7L/ref=cm_wl_huc_title

That adds to £566, leaving you £34 to make changes or add something like a CD drive.

The list contains an SSD which you will use for your operating system and a few games you play a lot. There is also a 1TB HDD for normal stuff.

The Nvidia GTX 750Ti is a good card, I'm using the 650Ti and get 90fps on GTA 5 with high texture quality. I get about 200-400 FPS in CSGO and when I used to play battlefield I could easily get 60fps on high settings, not ultra, but then the price of this rig isn't ultra either.

Let me know if you want to have a talk about it. We might be able to change a few things to better suit your needs.

And you can trust my lists, I've done the build lists for:

Sir_Conor

Biggles

Yeah thats a good build, the 2 builds we recommended for jake are pretty much identical, jakes decision whether he wants nvidia graphics or amd