Sign in to follow this  
GingeMinge

Suggestions

After playing on LR for a long ass time, OB is a huge change. There's a few minor things from LR that I think would be useful on OB.

Visible Commands: This isn't really anything big, but it just bugs me that the chat is filled with commands that don't need to be there. (addons/sourcemod/configs/core.cfg Change 'public chat trigger' to nothing and 'Silent Chat Trigger' to !) Just cleans up the chat.

"(ALL) ADMIN": Making it so players can see which admin used a command. Currently it says "ADMIN: [command]". Again, not major but it just makes this cleaner imo. (cfg/sourcemod/sourcemod.cfg Change sm_show_activity to 15)

Chat Colors: Some commands (Warden, All chat, Admin chat, etc) can use chat colors to look a lot smoother. This is a little more complex than just changing a config. If you need help with it, message me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/GingeMinge/ I don't mind helping.

Again, nothing major, but it just makes everything seem a lot cleaner imo. But that is just my opinion.

First of I want to say thanks for to you guys from LR giving OB some advice. I am not a mod myself but still amazed to see you guys trying to help OB out. So thanks for that. Maybe some of the mods of OB will be able to look at this. But I just came to say thanks to you guys.

I dunno for others with admin powers although I use either ! or / before any commands.

The ! makes the command viseble for people to see I used the command and the / hides it.

I don't see any reason as to why people should know which admin did what.

If anything bad has been done by an admin, they can simply address us via admin chat?

As for the other 2, I agree.

The Warden white colour is quite unclear and people often miss his questions due to it.

And the commands which should not be viseble are quite a pain to look at.

So yeah thanks for the pointers.

Chat Colors: Some commands (Warden, All chat, Admin chat, etc) can use chat colors to look a lot smoother. This is a little more complex than just changing a config.

Again, nothing major, but it just makes everything seem a lot cleaner imo. But that is just my opinion.

This is really needed IMO, the other two points are not "needed" but can be added as they don't really make a difference.

I dunno for others with admin powers although I use either ! or / before any commands.

The ! makes the command viseble for people to see I used the command and the / hides it.

I don't see any reason as to why people should know which admin did what.

If anything bad has been done by an admin, they can simply address us via admin chat?

As for the other 2, I agree.

The Warden white colour is quite unclear and people often miss his questions due to it.

And the commands which should not be viseble are quite a pain to look at.

So yeah thanks for the pointers.

Personal preference I guess. I like the idea of people knowing what admin did what. It just reduces the seperation between admin and player imo. But w/e, not going to force you :)

If you need help adding chat colors to commands like that, send me a steam message, I'll be happy to help