Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Outbreak Monthly - Issue #2 - January

Hello Outbreakers

Happy New Year to you all. Hope your festive season was enjoyable and you all stayed safe.

Firstly apologies for failing Decembers Outbreak Monthly. As most of you know I was worked to death in November/December. Was it worth it? No. They fucked up my pay. Nevermind though, I pretty much have no "excess" work for the next 2 months, and my main job I will be quitting soon due to issues work related.

But I digress.

So now I have this free time I shall be more hands on website and server side. Although it appears that server wise things are going well. The store is open within the server although we have taken off the trails because they crash the server. So I guess there is 1 thing for me to fix this month. The donation page is back up so click the link at the top of the page now to go and donate. In return you get credits for the server to use in the store.

Over the next month the youtube direct account should be getting sorted, meaning that you guys will be able to submit your gaming videos to appear on the outbreak youtube. So if you have had an awesome game of league, or had an awesome event and have it recorded, you can upload it for submission to the youtube page. More details will be released soon.

Sadly another issue is still floating around. That is that the bots are still flooding the forum. I have turned off registration. So for now if you see someone on the server who wants to join outbreak, get them to add me to steam, and let me know they are doing so. That way they don't get lost in the random requests. I can then set them up a forum account via the admin panel.

What are we doing to combat this?

Well we have 2 options really. The first is to keep the current system of manually creating accounts.... Or we can install steam login intergration.

We would love to hear your opinions for this, so let us know here - viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4390

In December we had a League Of Legends Tournament, it was a 14 man competition that was invitational only. Gumzter won it and won £20 worth of RP donated by Unseen. Look out for more tournements in the coming year.

Finally, I am about to start a new venture, I will be learning how to create and develop android apps. My first 2 projects are apps for the Outbreak Forums, and a small platformer game. So I will keep people updated from time to time.

Thank you all for reading, and best wishes for 2014

Gaz

Sign in to follow this