Sign in to follow this  
McLovin

To all you computer people there.

I need confirmation from people that the motherboard really does support PCIe 2.0.

Not comming from the webpage I provided.

PCI 3.0 is faster than PCI 2.0 the thing is PCI 2.0 is fast enough for every videocard on the market. Now look at this site:

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/07/ ... ce_review/

They compare a 3.0 card when they put it into a PCI 2.0 slot and 3.0 slot, that means it works in both. Barely a difference with great cards.

in my old pc it ran for 2years with a 250 watt powersupply, when the gcard i had required 600 min loooooooool

Jesus fuck. What kind of hardware did you have in there? Even low end ones these days come with 350+, and any gaming rig needs at least 5/600.

Edit: How on earth did it survive? PSU's are the one place you *never* skimp on, since they can KO everything else if they break.

Why do people not understand my question. I need to know if my motherboard really is compatible with PCIe 2.0.

Since its quite a old motherboard.

Mmk, I'll actually help. Ask on r/buildapc, they'll know far more than anyone on here, and have helped me numerous times.

Post a link to your motherboard + GPU, and they should tell you pretty quickly if they're compatible.

Also, make sure the GPU isn't too long for your case, as if you're using a normal Dell case or something, it won't fit in.

Also, for more general tech stuff in the future, you can use r/techsupport where lovely people like myself will help you out.