Sign in to follow this  
Proxima

New server

I've just read the "News and Updates" - Section, the topic about what the new server will be.

I've read it will be a Surf server for the reasons given in this topic.

http://www.outbreak-community.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2032

But to be honest I think the Poll should than be made again.

Minigames (With our prisonbreak skins): 19% [ 5 ]

Zombie Escape: 50% [ 13 ]

Gungame (Turbo with our prisonbreak skins): 0% [ 0 ]

Surf server (AuR Style): 31% [ 8 ]

As you all can see there were 13 people who chose Zombie Escape in the end. But since we choose for Surf, the second option those 13 votes actually are lost.

So I find it would be more than fair that you than make a new Poll without Zombie Escape in it.

Like this:

Minigames (With our prisonbreak skins)

Gungame (Turbo with our prisonbreak skins)

Surf server (AuR Style)

That way the people who chose zombie escape can choose something else. We now follow the idea that Surf is the second most wanted. But 13 votes can make a big difference (It is 50% of all the votes...). And propably a lot of people won't agree with this, but if we want a fair voting than this should be done. For example:

If the 8 of the 13 players who chose zombie Escape choose Minigames than that would lead to a complete other result. And than Minigames would win this.

In the posts below I expect that one of the owners or Jamie (Twist) post something, since you are the people who will have to decide what server it will be in the end.

If you choose not to make the poll again than this is actually true:

you may also be thinking why bother hosting a poll if you're going to give it to second place?

It dosent matter, Surf will win in the end.

Yeah i do realise, say if you cast the vote again and the 50 % of votes went other places, say like minigames. Minigames comes out on top, would they change the server to mini games? no they wouldent, because why not make it ZE if it won in the first place first time around. If minigames comes first it wont make any difference because they decided on Surf so no matter what a new poll says it will still be surf because of their reasons behind it.

They have more experience with surf, it is fun for most people ( except Tiny ). Minigames gets boring too fast imo, I would have gone for GG as second but that mode is a bit too much focused on solo play ( hence why I play that on random servers ). Surf comes 2nd in cooperative play out of all ( ZE being first ). I think it is ok for there to be competition, but it doesnt have to turn to a 1 vs all the whole time. Surf comes as the best solution for that. I mean, we are a big 'family' after all.

You're missing the point.

no they wouldent, because why not make it ZE if it won in the first place first time around.

Reason given for that was the fact that ZE is to hard to populate. If minigames was chosen after a new poll than that reason would be no problem, since Minigames is a lot easier to populate than ZE.

If minigames comes first it wont make any difference because they decided on Surf so no matter what a new poll says it will still be surf because of their reasons behind it.

As for this, the reason behind it is the next:

It is safe to say Surf would populate a lot faster since another community shuts down their Surf server, so people would look for a new Surf server. If Outbreak comes up with a Surf server than they have a chance that the people of the other community comes to the Surf server that Outbreak can provide them.

What I than don't get is why they ask our opinion about a new server if it won't matter in the end. Because it is known for some time now that the Surf server mentioned above was going to close.

I can't agree with this. I think an admin may close this tread now.

Yet again it seems like we have someone that does not get the picture at all. Our mind was not set on Surf from the start. The whole poll was done without even having surf as an option. Surf was added later on as we heard AuR was getting rid of their server. Since we didnt want to backstab our old partner and run a same server as theirs.

The thing is, Minigames was already tried ones, it did not work since it was probally to early.

Gungame will never work for our type of Community. /Also have no idea why this option was added in the first place.

Zombie Escape needs alot of players to make it fun and populate it, the community is not big enough for it.

As for Surf, surf can even be fun with only 2 people. It is very easy to populate and a community is shutting their surf server down. Wich had ties with our server. And thus people will realise due to friends on steam etc.

Now comming back at your question, that ZE was not the choice now does not mean we wont do anything with the information we got at all. In fact if Surf is a success and our community grows I see no reason why we should not get a ZE server.

I would rather have a 1st choice poll with real results what people want then one with second choices.

But I can tell you, this is the 6th community what I have run and I think I am quite capable of deciding wich kind of server is best for the community.