Sign in to follow this  
marsh

TF2 HELP!!

I am having problems playing TF2. I am on a Mac. I freeze when ever i play online. I can play training offline without freezing but when i got online i will freeze.

I have tried turning down the quality of my game but that doesn't work. Also it is not to do with RAM.

Could anyone please help with my freezing problem. :)

I suspect that you're hitting your real RAM ceiling and your machine is swapping when you're loading or connecting to games. I'm guessing you're at 4gb - I sincerely hope it's not less.

To confirm, open up Activity Monitor (Applications > Utilities) and go though all the steps of loading and connecting to a game. Switch to Activity Monitor while you're in a game, your System Memory will probably have very little "Free" memory left.

You can attempt to free up more RAM by quitting other applications that are running when you're playing TF2, but I suggest upgrading to 8gb (if your machine supports it). It's under $100 and makes a huge difference when doing all sorts of RAM-hungry stuff (photoshop and parallels at the same time? not a problem!).

Or, you can try to adjust the settings down to a more manageable level for your amount of RAM. Lowering the texture quality is probably the easiest way to achieve this, but try out the rest of the settings to see what works for you.

Also try Adding -autoconfig in the launch options panel from Steam. Right click the title in the list, choose properties, go from there.

Thanks Gaz in will be sure to try it. And i do have 4gb of RAM, i was thinking of getting a extra 4GB.

I dont know for definite that it is my RAM because i have most of my programs closed when i play it.

Thanks anyway i will let u know if it works.