Sign in to follow this  
tweep

The Radiohead Appreciation Thread

Wait, what, Tiny? Radiohead are normally critisized for being too alternative, not for being stereotypical. If you hate the typical guitar music, listen to radiohead.

Anyway, Nigel, have you listened to either Kid A or In Rainbows? Or OK Computer? These all make The Bends, which is an awesome album, look a little bad.

I suggest starting with OK Computer. The second song on that album, Paranoid Android, is one of my favourites of theirs. This song is insane; it starts off quite cool, but there is an insanely good bit in the middle - some of the riffs are just godlike. Then it changes to a much more soft tone, with him singing "rain down", which is lush, followed by a totally awesome explosive ending. Probably their best song (although not quite my favourite).

If anyone listens to the whole of that song and says it isn't awesome, they need to rethink their standards.

i do have all their albums, just there is a raw talent in the bends which i think is lost in the latter albums.

The newer albums are technically superior but the bends was my first album as a kid :)

also if you havent seen them live... do :)

You haven't given them much of a chance then. Like, In Rainbows is literally one of the most beautiful albums I've ever heard. Obviously not all of the songs, but some of them are just beyond amazing. I also think that it can take a while to get into radiohead, as they are very different. They aren't really generic at all - they are actually pretty unique.

Their first two albums are a little generic (although the bends is awesome), but OK Computer is in no way generic at all. OK Computer is one of the landmark albums of the 90's, it is special. But yeah, In Rainbows is different, but has some of my favourite songs ever written.

This song is from In Rainbows. Probably my second favourite song, it is amazing.