dAiMantt

Boot mgr is missing

URL]

^lmao??

So, I dont know shit about computers. And I have this old toshiba laptop which is perfect for editing videos on for school and stuff and programs like word. Because it was really slow I thought resetting it to factory settings was a good idea. I did all of it and when I restarted the laptop it said this that the bootmgr is missing

:: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/a1qi1emes6lja/Camera

Link should work(new to this mediafire thing) 

So I tried alot of things on the internet but I just don't understand them. And none of them works for me. 

Help me please!

Edited by dAiMantt

8 hours ago, Mintlou said:

Which way did you reset it to factory settings?

Looks like you've wiped everything off of the hard drive - that message comes up when your computer can't find an operating system present on the hard drive.

I can't remember, like. I dindt do it on purpose. But could be there is no os. How do i fix it? Do I just put the setup thingy disc in and install the os again? 

33 minutes ago, dAiMantt said:

I can't remember, like. I dindt do it on purpose. But could be there is no os. How do i fix it? Do I just put the setup thingy disc in and install the os again? 

Yeah, thats all thats needed to be done. Seems like you wiped the hard drive or something as stated above.

Take a USB/CD, put an OS of your choice on it:

Plug in, press your bios settings button (F8, ESC, DEL are all common).  Set to boot via USB/CD first.  Install the OS of your choice to your HDD.

(As others have suggested, this was indeed caused by you removing your OS.  Clever :))

EDIT: You still have the setup CD?  Literally the first person I've met who keeps them.  Congratulations :D

Edited by Popey456963

F9 is the standard key for boot device option.

I personally use Rufus USB tool to create bootable .iso USB sticks. Load the software, select the .iso and press go.

I've generated a link from the official Microsoft website that will allow you to download Windows 7 64Bit Professional. It will last for 24 hours:

It is sourced from the Microsoft Tech Bench page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench Then uses a custom script to reveal more download options.

http://software-download.microsoft.com/pr/Win7_Pro_SP1_English_x64.iso?t=26fa1c38-974a-4eac-bcc3-00f295f673e2&e=1468238529&h=39030bc378336fc4d3e4f5addfafaff5

Edited by Mintlou

3 hours ago, Popey456963 said:

Take a USB/CD, put an OS of your choice on it:

Plug in, press your bios settings button (F8, ESC, DEL are all common).  Set to boot via USB/CD first.  Install the OS of your choice to your HDD.

(As others have suggested, this was indeed caused by you removing your OS.  Clever :))

EDIT: You still have the setup CD?  Literally the first person I've met who keeps them.  Congratulations :D

I don't lmao

I broke it the day I bought the laptop. But 1 of my friends has 1