Sign in to follow this  
Rustie

Squeakers

Ok i know that Total497(Sam) has made a post about this but its taking the mick abit that ever since he posted that some of the people that have said they agree with what he is saying they and now they are now the ones saying it. But to be honest half the time they are alot better then you are at commanding then most people i have seen commanding and i have been on Kriss and Mclovins servers a long time and just because he may have a squeaky voice and they kill you for a valid reason dont scream "FREEKILL". Now some people may do it once in a while but people that do it all the time its getting a bit annoying then more people will die because someone that has not read the rules and is screaming stop other people from hearing what the commander is trying to say so just take a not or just next time there is a young person or how some people call them "A Squeaker" just take into thought that they are the same as us.

Thanks for reading guys

Rustie :)

Edited by Guest

This is an issue, although I would like to point out a few things:

Firstly, these so called "squeakers" are fairly young players; they are under the age of 13, and with this they have not matured to the same degree as some of the older members. It isn't because they have high voices that people discriminate against them, it is their lack of maturity. With maturity comes many things; hightened social awareness, more complex humour and, most importantly, the ability to make decisions with better judgement and rational. One of the largest gaps in maturity naturally lies in the lower teens; the difference between a 12 year old and a 15 year old is much larger than that of between a 15 and 18 year old. Obviously everyone matures at different rates, but by the mid-late teens, people are mostly sharing the same wavelegnth.

And it all boils down to the issue that 12 year olds don't "fit in" with a group of people who are 15+. They are much less mature, and they are prepubescent. I can actually respect why people aren't that tolerant of prepubescent teenagers; I wouldn't feel comfortable with a 12 year old telling me what to do in real life, and neither would I on the internet. It is a fact that their judgement is not as developed as someone who is older, and this does lead to further complications; for example, most of the prepubescent boys who have been CT whilst I have been on the server have been very trigger happy, and give almost no warning shots at all. Although there are some notable exceptions, this is generally the trend with young members.

A separate issue is why younger children are even playing this, as it isn't suitable. I'm not proposing we wrap all children in bubble wrap, but this isn't the ideal place for a young teen to be. We have a very relaxed set of rules, and discussion of pretty much anything goes. It is very understandable why people are uncomfortable around the very young members of this forum. When I was 11 I was not playing on games like this. If a 12 year old tried to join a game with my group of friends I'd tell him to fuck off. Now I'm not suggest we do that here, but that is how most people would respond. Once you hit 15 or so, it changes; I have a few friends who are a few years older than me now, whereas a few years ago that would not have happened.

Although I do need to stress one thing: I do not endorse the bullying, trolling, or insulting of these members. Whilst I do not wholly support being commanded around by someone whose balls have not dropped, the bullying still needs to stop.

What I have said here is not politically correct; it takes into account a factor called "common sense", as well as this new founded idea that has crawled over society that states that if you are not pleasing people with your speech then it is wrong.

I agree with some of what you are saying Tweep but half of them on there just want to command and have fun because OB is the only fun PB server where all are limits are aloud also the age does not matter because they are way better then some of the people on OB right now I think some people just take advantage of them because they are young and still don't know the rules of OB

half of them on there just want to command

Here-in lies the greatest problem about the whole issue. Many of the youngest members just want to command. And if they are not commanding they are on the CT team shooting anyone who steps slightly out of line in the face. One of the big things that comes with maturity is better judgement, and the judgement at times on some of the members are awful - of course this happens with older members, of which there are many shocking commanders from this age group too, but the frequency that this occurs in the younger ages is exponentially larger.

What the main problem with the sentence that you quotes is that this game turns from being a laugh where we can joke around, to the Stanford Prison Experiment. The linked article is actually a really interesting read too - it is quite fascinating. But what I mean is that I play this for fun, not so someone who has never been in a position to tell people what do to before let this power go to their head more than Dwight Schrute organising party.

half of them on there just want to command