Sign in to follow this  
Simon

[Ques] Dynamic Clan Tags

This question is in reference to this unban thread.

I wanted to ask is it necessary to ban someone doing this because there is a whole guide on Steam on how to do this and now many people are doing this. Not saying that I have ever done it or will do it because I think it is completely useless. Why not just disable the tags for non-members instead of banning people? Or just give them default |OB| Regular tag. This way Sir_Conor won't have to search through the spam as mentioned by Eraser because more and more people would start doing it.

Another thing would be to "tagban" (Copyright Simon) people if they do this.

This question is in reference to this unban thread.

I wanted to ask is it necessary to ban someone doing this because there is a whole guide on Steam on how to do this and now many people are doing this. Not saying that I have ever done it or will do it because I think it is completely useless. Why not just disable the tags for non-members instead of banning people? Or just give them default |OB| Regular tag. This way Sir_Conor won't have to search through the spam as mentioned by Eraser because more and more people would start doing it.

Another thing would be to "tagban" (Copyright Simon) people if they do this.

Surprised nobody has actually responded to this to be honest.

As far as I can see, there is only SM plugins for either creating your own tags when on the server or (im sure there is somewhere) a plugin or cvar to disable them to show up. The problem is, this is applied to all groups on steam, so the OB Member, OB Mod, OB Admin etc wouldnt show up.

If someone has the ability to create plugins for sourcemod, then it might be possible to disable the use of spamming the change but not for the certain clan tags.

I can edit my TagMeNot plugin(posted in the forums) to disable tags for the steamids mentioned in the text file so it works like a Tag Banner...

But this...

I can edit my TagMeNot plugin(posted in the forums) to disable tags for the steamids mentioned in the text file so it works like a Tag Banner...

But this...

To save time and effort, can you do it the other way round and enable selected tags from the text file?...