Sign in to follow this  
Jonty

Computer upgrade help.

Hello all, i have been away traveling for the last 6 months, and will be home just before new years to re kindle the ob fire i once had. To do this i am going to require a half decent pc. I am looking at the intel warbird i750. But i currently have a pretty shit lenovo h420. I was wondering if i should just by the new pc, or could it be cheaper for me to upgrade the lenovo .

can i just buy an i7 or i5 processor, extra ram, and graphics card and stuff it in and be on my way. or do i need to buy specific components for the pc. Thank you.

Hey,

Good to hear from ya...

Upgrading that H420 would most likely need a new motherboard in order to get a decent CPU, so at the same time you may as well just buy a complete new PC or build one. As for the Intel Warbird i750, I've found 0 Google results as to what exactly that is, but I'm guessing it's a processor?

Anyway, you need to define what you mean buy 'half decent'. What sort of games are you going to be playing? I built my machine for £650 and can run BF3 on ultra @50-60 FPS.(Although I don't even really play BF3)

The other components in the Lenovo are good though, keep the Hard drive and RAM and just stick it in a new machine with some more of it. (4-slot mobo)

Cheers mint Lou for your response, https://www.gladiatorpc.co.uk. This is the link for the warbird. It's a pre built PC and recommended by Frankie1080

I'm wanting the cheapest option to play bf4 and day z. They are the only games I will want to be playing. Does this help? I'm a complete novice so if it's cheaper to buy parts for the Lenovo can you point me in the direction of some key components. Or a brand new PC that will run these games with good fps.

Thanks mint Lou