Sign in to follow this  
Randy

Hammer Fails

Guys,

ive been struggeling a while with hammer as i wont start.

It used to work fine.

when i launch sdk, and start hammer with Css, it says : Load fail due missing Gameinfo.txt

Any of you have issues with that also ?

Regards

I have the same issue.

The error started appearing after that huge css update which changed the code and which caused us all the trouble with reinstalling the server.

From what I ca figure out of it it got to do with the paths in the launcher.

In css the materials/models, etc got a different folder location (so another path), and Source SDK is still using the old path, so we will need to figure out what the correct path is and place the code in the launcher.

hey prox,

I have figured out the first problem, which was quite easy. Just find your Gameinfo.txt item and place it under the Cstrike section. but now i have a next error. lol

It fails loading directory.

After talking to Rami, got some things sorted out but nothing seem to work.

Now i have contacted Steam / Valve and waiting for an response, altho i guess that can take a week....

Ill keep you updated!

Yo mork, if the varifie wont work, there is no need to reinstal sdk.

Also if you havent change a single thing in the folders, you don't need to restart it, as it Will install the same files, in the Same directionary.

Edit: something strange happend today.

Yesterday I contacted valve About my problem, and now I wanted to play css Again, is my game uninstalled....

Installing it now, don't know if valve has something to do with it, but it looks that way

GOT IT WORKED!

What you do:

- Open Source SDK

- Choose Edit Game configurations

- Choose CSS , Click EDIT

- Make SURE it file goes to COMMON like this :c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\counter-strike source\cstrike make sure it doesnt have your Steamid in it.

- Then go to you Gameinfo.txt file which is in the just typed folder, in my case it would be : c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\counter-strike source\cstrike

- Open Gameinfo.txt and find the selection ; SteamAppId 240 // This will mount all the GCFs we need (240=CS:S, 220=HL2).

- Type ToolsAppId 211 Straight under the above section, in such the same way.

- Save it

- Run it

- Love it

hey guys, so unseen told me my explanation worked but, it cant compile and run the map.

Now to solve this al you got to do is go to:

Program files / Steam / Steamapps / Common / Counter strike Source / Bin . In this map you will look for Hammer.exe or just Hammer. to make t work all the time you have to start hammer each time with this method. or you can make an Shortcut.

Randy

For Those who stil havent fixed it, got an official mail from steam with the solution.

Please exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).

Delete all of the files in this folder except:

- Steamapps and Userdata folders

- Steam.exe (this file is listed as an application and features the black and white Steam logo)

Restart your computer.

Then, launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut.

With Steam running, re-test the original issue.

Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games.