Fluxy

Thoughts on Discord so far?

the only thing TS has over discord is VC quality, from what i've noticed personally. I've had more fun on Discord with the Rythm bot just blasting memes and my 95 minute star wars dubstep mashup. Before the trial I was a firm believer in TS being my preferred means of communication, but since I've only been using Discord for just over a week, going back to TS just felt weird and honestly kinda outdated, although the VC quality was definitely better, everything else just felt out of place.

DISCORD > TS | NO CAP

BTW THE DEFAULT BITRATE IS 64KBPS AND THE MAX UNBOOSTED IS 96 if you dont turn it up on the channels it will be 64 for no reason lmao i really hope it got turned up it would be yikes if it didn't

(two people boosting = 128kbps bitrate, nitro is its own thing which you get perks and benefits for, the boosting was a new feature that you get if ur nitro, you get a load of games downloadable from the discord client and some stuff in various f2p games, a gif pfp, emotes and emotes from any server, like SOME PEOPLE BASELESSLY SAID they didnt turn the unboosted audio quality down once they released this feature. nitro is $9.99, i already have nitro and willl boost but its completely wasted if no one else boosts)

AT THE END OF THE DAY DISCORD =/= TEAMSPEAK and we can't use it like it is, a lot of people still dont understand the ping functionality, or how pinging roles work, or the extent of the functionality bots can add or how not being able to read channel history works

the way the lol and cs gather channels are currently setup makes them unuseable and the amount of voice and text channels is probably a contributor to people's lag in games

PLEASE SOMEONE CHECK THE CHANNELS HAVE THE BITRATE TURNED UP you have to turn it up for each channel it's a significant difference

also i get the linked voice and text channels were made to ape discord functionality but there's honestly not that much utility too it, if the server is gonna grow then the fear of LE BIG BAD CONOR SEEING ALL OUR MESSAGES or whatever needs to go and proper moderation needs to come back.

the way the discord is currently set up means perms need to tediously be changed for each channel etc and the amount of channels is really ugly

Edited by Quinn

1 hour ago, Quinn said:

BTW THE DEFAULT BITRATE IS 64KBPS AND THE MAX UNBOOSTED IS 96 if you dont turn it up on the channels it will be 64 for no reason lmao i really hope it got turned up it would be yikes if it didn't

(two people boosting = 128kbps bitrate, nitro is its own thing which you get perks and benefits for, the boosting was a new feature that you get if ur nitro, you get a load of games downloadable from the discord client and some stuff in various f2p games, a gif pfp, emotes and emotes from any server, like SOME PEOPLE BASELESSLY SAID they didnt turn the unboosted audio quality down once they released this feature. nitro is $9.99, i already have nitro and willl boost but its completely wasted if no one else boosts)

AT THE END OF THE DAY DISCORD =/= TEAMSPEAK and we can't use it like it is, a lot of people still dont understand the ping functionality, or how pinging roles work, or the extent of the functionality bots can add or how not being able to read channel history works

the way the lol and cs gather channels are currently setup makes them unuseable and the amount of voice and text channels is probably a contributor to people's lag in games

PLEASE SOMEONE CHECK THE CHANNELS HAVE THE BITRATE TURNED UP you have to turn it up for each channel it's a significant difference

also i get the linked voice and text channels were made to ape discord functionality but there's honestly not that much utility too it, if the server is gonna grow then the fear of LE BIG BAD CONOR SEEING ALL OUR MESSAGES or whatever needs to go and proper moderation needs to come back.

the way the discord is currently set up means perms need to tediously be changed for each channel etc and the amount of channels is really ugly

tldr pls

Just now, Quinn said:

right clonk channel edit channel make sure bitrate is turned up

boost is cheap and gets u shit anyway and we need 1 more person to get higher tier

waste of time sry