Eagle

Community Meeting Notes 06/08/19

Thanks to everybody who came to the meeting, we really appreciate it! (Sorry the notes are a bit late)

Moving to Discord
-Teamspeak has noticably better voice quality compared to Discord - although Discord's is still useable, we would need the nitro upgrades to come close to matching TS.
-Discord seems to use more processing power than Teamspeak, but the hardware demand is so minimal it's really not worth worrying about.
-Would people talk over voice less given the more accessible nature of Discord alongside its extended chat functionality? - Probably not: group chats, chat boxes etc. already exist among most OB members so if this was going to have an effect, it likely already would have.

It's unlikely that we would be able to trial Discord at all without fully disabling Teamspeak, but most people agreed that this would be a good thing to do at some point.

Can we bring back 'negative' (neutral) rep?
There was an idea mentioned on how to implement the reactions while minimising abuse (i.e. NT spam), but the consensus was that there would be no reasonable way to moderate the inevitable trolls.

Events
CLWO vs OB
There seemed to be a good amount of interest for an event like this, with agreement that it should ideally be hosted on a single weekend.

Merch
There was some interest in OB merch within the channel, with a few main questions that still needed to be answered:

-Where would we host/source the merch?
-What designs would people want?
-What would people be willing to pay?

Feedback would be greatly appreciated for this - especially who would buy it and what designs people want: please reply!

1. Mordau server is up and running very well.
2. Discord should be implemented and with the help of the Mordau server we should hopefully start brining in new members.
3. Also for me personally i would put up a 1 vs 1 server on Mordau because its abit more community based, people get time to chill and use the chatbox, because as most will know frontline is just complete action and no time to chat but dont close it as its another tool to advertise OB.
4. Events, keep them coming, they will keep people happy, but not sure if it will help bring people in, but will help keep new people here.
5. Merch, waste of time with current playerbase, no money in the pot to throw at it and not worth wasting money on it currently.

I like where we going, hope it continues.

Edited by gaffeR

4 hours ago, Eagle said:

Discord seems to use more processing power than Teamspeak, but the hardware demand is so minimal it's really not worth worrying about.

tbf the extra frames you get in some games is nice cough cs cough

I'd personally love to see a discord, i'd personally boost the server if you was to get one and probably be around on it 24/7 since i use it all the time, i think its open to more intergration if we used discord? its easier to invite people and manage setup, its free, the bot extensions are great, roles are easy to manage, also the custimization with emojis etc i don't know if teamspeak has that really?.

Obivously it does have its drawbacks with voice quality and connection issues sometimes and its definitely not better than teamspeak voice wise, but i think discord is only going to improve and expand so i think it'd be worth it especially with mordhau as gaffer said would be a great way to boost the member base.

for example PUBG has a discord bot where it posts your last games stats into a channel, theres the MEE6 bot which allows people to level up in the server etc, small stuff like that to give it a bit more personality i'd say over teamspeak.

Regards the Merch i have currently in stock, one jamie mug, and one brandon mug. Both mugs have HIGH DEFINITION pictures, and their wacky catchphrases on the back so you can have a hearty chuckle while sipping a brew. Current cost (minus shipping) is 43 rep on the forums, but when this quality of mug is involved i can back it up with my own seal of approval:

Image result for pedobear seal of approval

Forums and teamspeak = people from server will visit forums but not sign up, will probably never visit teamspeak

discord = people from server will join, lurk a bit and see the community banter in text channels and then decide to integrate and get to know people. Not only that, everything is in one place

@Sir_Conor no votes, force the change. Its for the best

45 minutes ago, Jamie said:

discord = people from server will join, lurk a bit and see the community banter in text channels and then decide to integrate and get to know people. Not only that, everything is in one place

that's what I brought up in the community meeting and if OB were to not be dying and were looking to expand, Discord is 100% the way to go, although it might take a bit to get used to, people will complain no matter what.

Only downside to Discord is it takes a bit more CPU usage, and some games might lag a bit, the voice chat is also not the most perfect thing in the world, but that's about it tbh, the pros HEAVILY out weigh the cons in this situation it's just up to people to open their eyes and see that.