gaffeR

Are we back to square one?

I'm not saying don't give the guy Mod or a status where he can help out with the community.

I was just stating what I see every month it's a different post complaining. I was trying to say there are better ways going around this, but shit posts is not one of them that's for sure, trying talking to conor, message him on steam, leave him a pm somewhere.

Edited by MiniColossus

Just now, MiniColossus said:

I'm not saying don't give the guy Mod or a status where he can help out with the community.

I was just stating what I see every month it's a different post complaining. I was trying to say there are better ways going around this, but shit posts is not one of them that's for sure, trying talking to conor, message him on steam, leave him a pm somewhere. Don't shit post the forums...

I'm not on anyone's side here, however it IS a monthly update and this whole thread would have made more sense if it happened in a week or so, but it's understandable why they'd make complaints on the forums instead of asking Conor on steam or on TS, I also agree with giving Mintlou the go ahead tbh, sure his methods of speaking out are QUESTIONABLE, but as Gaffer said, he has drive and from what I've heard experience on the server side, deffo more than me and some of the other people on the mod team anyway. So honestly again, it's understandable why they make these posts, they've been here the longest and don't want to see something they been with throughout who knows how many years just die.

Also small detail I already mentioned but, the monthly update was posted on the second of last month, if this post was made in a couple weeks it would have made more sense imo, but y'all need to CHILL my guys.

#MintlouForStaff

28 minutes ago, MiniColossus said:

10 minutes ago, MiniColossus said:

' Honestly to me this just looks like Mintlou wanting owner, with all due respect to Mintlou as I haven't gotten to know him well enough, it seems to be people want to avoid you being owner and you have your group that wants you in that role which suggests to be posts like this are bias.

This is completely incorrect. If you spent any time with us you would KNOW that almost none of our group want Mintlou to be owner. In fact most have voiced that they would be against it. What you may confuse as Mintlou wanting to be owner is actually Mint wanting some agency in a situation he knows he can make a difference too. 

Alot of people I think get turned off Mintlou as a person because of how he comes across. He knows this but thats the type of person he is. I can say as someone who has known him for going on 7 years now we have definitely not always seen eye to eye and indeed find it very hard to agree about practically anything. OB's leadership, direction and progress and what we both want out of this community has been a flashpoint between us for many years now. 

However, I would be lying if I said OBs state does concern me at times. This place has been home for some of us for almost a decade and in time, if nothing happens it will slowly fade as older people move away, fall out with each other or otherwise stop coming on the PC. I don't want to see an empty teamspeak when i come home from a shit day at work or a free Saturday night in and I don't think anybody else does. I have had the best times of my life here and I think a lot of people could say the same. I personally do not have the drive or technical ability to really make a difference in putting up servers or managing a community and so in times where "what is OB meant to be" comes into question I do normally come down on the side of just wanting a place to come and chill and play games and less on the proactive side. 

But, and has taken me time to realise this, we should not stonewall people who DO have these abilities, just because of the person you perceive them to be. Mintlou has great tech knowledge, the most of anyone I know, and he has a level of drive and determination that does confuse me at times. I think its that passion to try and improve something he also cares about is what brings out the jagged nature of him sometimes. All that being said, I still think he is a great guy, a true pal. If you get him onto something, that has an IT problem, he will fix it I guarantee you. 

If mint being put into a position where he could honestly make a difference why not give it a go. 

Edited by Fluxy

Oh I totally agree @Fluxy @gaffeR I apologise for jumping to conclusion about the owner situation.

As I stated previously I wouldn't mind him having a position where he has power to make changes that are needed. I am in the same boat as you as well fluxy, I don't want to come on one day and see the server empty. The point I was trying to get across but seems like I have swayed the wrong way in previous posts. Is the way it's being done now should not be the way to do it. (The Posts on the forums)

Edited by MiniColossus
WRONG POST

Firstly want to go over the GTA Server Timeline as I don't know where this talking about it for 8 months has come from...

December to January -

Helped set up a DayZ server, learned the basics of installed plugins etc then passed on to the person that wanted the server as I didn't personally play DayZ much but I'd be on hand to help install anything if asked but it died soon after.

End of Jan to Early February - Thinking about creating server asked for thoughts

Had seen quite a few GTA RP videos on youtube and knew one or two people who played it, it seemed like a fun idea that would have that Jailbreak level on interaction. After Jamie made the "Yo Admins" thread I asked if people are interested to let me know and I'd start looking at it properly. Got a decent response with quite a few people interested in a possible server. As I had never done anything with FiveM or Big RP Servers didn't know how long it would take or what would be needed but asked "if there are any suggestions from feel free to give them" for the RP server or "If anyone has any experience setting up FiveM servers let us know as it be helpful." but didn't get any response to this.

Rest of February - Trying to learn and set up the basics of a default FiveM Server

Created a basic five vanilla server on Cheeses Server but had issues with the trying to install the major frameworks, I had big issues when trying to install the major frameworks and trying to get them not to throw error and crash, Cheese trying taking a look but couldn't get it working either. trying to learning how you go about setting up a a sever

Which was where most of the progress I was able to do was setting up a Default FiveM Server and getting it to actually proper show on the FiveM Server Browser.

March - I didn't do much due to personal reasons

Due to personal reasons I wasn't on much from the End of February for about and started being active again by the end of march.

April - GTA update on progress, asked for help if people want the server up faster

This was when the "Time for Change" Thread was created and I responded to give update on what had happen so far 

Spoiler

On 07/04/2019 at 18:32, Sir_Conor said:

There hasn't been as much progress as I wanted to on the GTA/FiveM Server, I've been doing the stuff on the side for it although I've not been able to devote as much time as I'd of liked due to personal reasons. We set up a vanilla FiveM Server quite quickly but were having issues while installing the main major frameworks and getting them to work together without throwing errors or just crashing, it's only been this weekend where we've got the framework to actually work and are at a point of deciding what we need to install.

I've spent the past few hours today playing around on different RP Servers having a look at mechanics and systems that they have and what ones we'll need and it is a hell of a lot which we'll all need configs setting up correctly and making sure everything works together. I definitely don't have much experience setting up FiveM server which is taking a lot of time learning while at the same time trying to implement it.

Now unless GTA/FiveM Server isn't something that people want and they have alternative ideas or suggestions or whatever instead, I do think GTA/Five M RP server would really be great for us but there is a lot of work that needs to be done and I honestly can't do it all, Cheese helps as much as he can but as he previously mentioned he's been massively busy with work and hasn't been able to help as much.

Simply put we need more people helping with the Server if we actually want to make it and make it good some of the things I see we need is already:

Server Development Help (Both people with technical experience and others to help find plugins through Here)
Server Communications (Keeping people updated on what's going on, so people have a much better idea of what's happening)
GTA V/Five M RP players that have played on servers and can give us a better idea what some of the best Quality of Life/Must have plugins.
Anyone that has an interest in GTA and are willing to spend hours of their time testing out everything.

Afterwards, we can try and get more custom plugins created, not sure how much LUA @Quinn has done before but they said they happily make shit for us and if there is anyone else who also wants to help with this the more the better.

Last I asked, "If anyone has any experience setting up FiveM servers let us know as it be helpful." I didn't get any feedback, other than the people who were just genuinely looking forward to GTA RP Server but if we want to have the server out faster we are going to need more people willing to help and spend time on it. So if there are people that want to help with GTA RP Server either come to speak to me, forum message me hopefully I get more of a response than last time and then together we can start actually making progress on both the server and then the community as a whole.

I asked if GTA/FiveM Server wasn't something that people wanted or if they had any alternative ideas or suggestion to let us know and we would try to facilitate. I then again asked if GTA/ FiveM was something that people wanted and work to be done on it faster I would need help and I tried to give some suggestions on ways people could help even if not technically minded and if they were it would be great especially because even though cheese tried to help on bits here and there he was massively busy with work and wasn't able to give much help as I needed. So I asked again to try and get some help, I asked people to either come speak to me or forum message me hoping I'd get more of a response that last time.

And we did our first Community Meeting to discussing all of this and other things the community wanted, I had thought and said that I wanted to try and get BETA for Early May which was probably very naive of me but from the meeting I had hope that much people would try to help out as a few had said they take a look at FiveM so I genuinely thought more people would help out and we could at least get a decent amount of work done on it. That didn't happen I had one or two people end up sending me a couple of plugins but that was about it. 

Mid April to Mid May - Setting up as much as I can

Continued working on the server got the load of plugins installed and was tweaking Car Hud, learning how fivem does perms and setting up basics of perms. Installed some of the major plugins but trying to figure which worked better especially for the Cops, Civ Jobs and things to do. There was two FiveM update which fully broke the server and I had wasted two weekends where I could've done big chunks of the work. But here is the latest plugins list so far:

Spoiler
Spoiler

async
es_camera
es_extended
esx_accessories
esx_addonaccount
esx_addoninventory
esx_ambulancejob
esx_animations
esx_atm
esx_bankerjob
esx_barbershop
esx_basicneeds
esx_billing
esx_boat
esx_boilerplate
esx_clotheshop
esx_datastore
esx_dmvschool
esx_drugs
esx_garage
esx_holdup
esx_identity
esx_inventoryhud
esx_inventoryhud_trunk
esx_joblisting
esx_jobs
esx_license
esx_lscustom
esx_mecanojob
esx_menu_default
esx_menu_dialog
esx_menu_list
esx_migrate
esx_optionalneeds
esx_phone
esx_policejob
esx_property
esx_randomevents
esx_realestateagentjob
esx_rpchat
esx_service
esx_shops
esx_sit
esx_skin
esx_society
esx_status
esx_taxijob
esx_vehicleshop
esx_voice
esx_weaponshop
esx_whitelist
esx_whitelistEnhanced
instance
skinchanger

[esx]
[gamemodes]
[gameplay]
[managers]
[system]
[test]
carhud
chat-theme-civlifechat
EasyAdmin-4.8
EasyAdmin-MySQL
es_admin2
es_ui
esplugin_mysql
essentialmode
ESX_Healthbar-UI
fivem
fivem-awesome1501
fivem-map-hipster
fivem-map-skater
frfuel
ft_libs
ghmattimysql
mysql-async
pNotify
police
robberies
runcode
serverpw
t-loadscreen
ToastysCruiseControl
trafficadjuster

Mid May to now...

I wanted to make an update after the next Community Meeting which was meant to be on the 19th weekend, As I really wanted to try and people to help as there just so much set up and plugins needed just to get the basics of an RP server but that got delayed and then over the past two weeks I've been busy IRL with the majority of my family's birthdays and my own, having a few nights out so only did bits on the server here and there. 

I think that's the full timeline of what has happened with the GTA Server, which after suggesting it in February and asking for thoughts on what people thoughts to now the progress so far. 

On 01/06/2019 at 20:01, Mintlou said:

Instead of RP, just throw a server up with a car spawner and teleport menu and let it be a sandbox server. It would at least give you an idea of who would actually play if you later decided to do something more ambitious. 

This is probably the best suggestion I've actually seen about the GTA Server. I was focus on creating the server people had said they wanted but if people want a server like this or anything else you want throwing up all you need to do is suggest it and especially if its vanilla/simple to do we should definitively be able to do it.

Going forward

I usually say on most of all my big posts but if you want something... anything all you need to do is just genuinely ask. You can drop me a poke, speak to me on TS or drop a forum message. Or if you want to create/do something yourself and want help from Admin Team or myself just ask I'll help in any way that I can.

Following all that is mention here, we're firstly going to have an Admin meeting in the next couple of days to discuss everything here and then post a monthly update with a few community changes before the Community meeting where we can go over any changes and discuss them thoroughly.

@Sir_Conor I've poked you numerous times on TS about an update on the GTA server without a response.

I don't doubt you have things going on in life, but when we get told an update will happen I'm a couple of weeks to no avail then we start to question what is actually happening. 

We don't want to argue, we don't want a shit show, but the only time we get any idea of what's going on in this "community" is when we throw our toys out of them pram. 

But how many people are actually interested in GTA rp, we have missed the boat as per usual, there are servers out there that we simply cannot compete with because they are years ahead, we don't jump on trends. Look at what mint created in 1 day and had a full 64 man server, if I'm honest stop putting time into the GTA sever because that boat has sailed, the servers are there that people want to play because like I said they are years ahead. 

This is why @Mintlou could help so much because he jumps on trends, he has the ability to be able to do this, but you haven't mentioned him in your "long" message. He is there at your disposal because he wants to help so much.

Give him the chance 

Edited by gaffeR

4 minutes ago, gaffeR said:

@Sir_Conor I've poked you numerous times on TS about an update on the GTA server without a response.

I've just looked through my teamspeak logs and I don't see any pokes from you up to 01/05/2019 though I could of missed it. More-than likely though you've either messaged me when I've been in a middle of a game or AFK and I've just missed it. If there is a question you wanna ask just message me on the forums or just move down and talk probably the best.

If people want OB to focus on different things we can discuss it further at the community meeting it'll be easy to just talk it out, though anyone can always chat whenever so long as I'm not doing anything, I'd answer anything. 

I didn't mention anyone because realistically if anyone wants to do anything they can and if they need anything all you need to do is speak to me and I'd work around or help or whatever but as mentioned more information is going to be coming in the next few days after the admin meeting and monthly update and everything else will be discussed in Community Meeting. 

@MintIou

Ignore the tag, it won't let me delete it. 

Hoping we can move on now as a community, thanks for everyone's replys and opinions, none of us want these arguments/discussions but it helps to blow some steam and let's make OB what it was and what it should be with the help of us all! 

16 hours ago, MiniColossus said:

As it seems there's the same post every month and it's from the same group of people.

You're just making assumptions, Its like assuming everyone in the channel is a flat earther because one person is. The only thing our "group of people" agree on is that change is needed.

2 hours ago, Biggles said:

You're just making assumptions, Its like assuming everyone in the channel is a flat earther because one person is. The only thing our "group of people" agree on is that change is needed.

You're going to tell me the post every month on the forum about change isn't from the same group of people?

If so please prove me wrong i'd enjoy it.

Yeah @MiniColossus I also hate it when people keep moaning about the same thing.

Your input for the last few months is you telling mainly me how much you hate me moaning about wanting Outbreak to progress in a different way. I've got some advice for you, unless you've got ideas for the direction of this community that help the cause, don't bother posting. 

gROeUS0.png