gaffeR

Are we back to square one?

So i feel we are back to literally back to square one, nothing happening, no updates.... nothing.

Why do we bother? 

We ask for things and we try to help for the good of the community, but what happens we go back to "Square one" same shit different day, this is why this community gets so pissed with the people that are running it, like we said over and over, GIVE US AN UPDATE. We kick up a fuss because we feel nothing is happening, we don't know whats going on behind the scenes, but we are left in the dark as per usual.

This was the last update we had, from ouR appointed community rep, the whole thing was put together to give us updates, so we are not so frustrated with being left in the dark.
crU32Uf.png

In this thread

hpnZJ2G.png

ANY PROGRESSION?????? 

Edited by gaffeR

Just for some additional context, FiveM has been talked about since about November last year. It was first mentioned on the forum as a server project in around February. We haven't seen anything yet.

FiveM RP is bloody difficult to setup due to the database stuff and plugin lua script knowledge required to make it all fit together. Instead of RP, just throw a server up with a car spawner and teleport menu and let it be a sandbox server. It would at least give you an idea of who would actually play if you later decided to do something more ambitious. 

Talking for 8 months about it and not delivering a single thing is just bad leadership. Why should I donate to this cause? 

There's a few main reasons for the lack of communication in the past month:

-The staff team have been fairly busy with irl events (exams, family etc.) meaning it's been difficult to actually be productive - This is my fault that I didn't communicate this and I'm not trying to justify the lack of updates etc., but I'm more trying to point out that communication hasn't been less active out of apathy/laziness, its just been difficult to actually any posts of substance

-I haven't been involved with server development so I haven't had the information to give. I was under the impression that someone actively working on the server would be making the post, but perhaps there was miscommunication there - my understanding as of now is that development is slow due to plugin updates.

-Update posts used to be run monthly: its been exactly a month since the last one, so one will be coming out this month (keep in mind that monthly doesn't necessarily mean on the exact same day every month). I thought this would be a good system to start with as people seemed to be happy with it before, but if people feel they need it more frequently, I'm happy to do more

-I was planning to run another community meeting last month but as previously mentioned, staff have been unavailable for any reasonable dates. I was actually going to make a post tonight about running one on the 8th

I have still tried to answer questions in threads/chatbox that people raise, and I will always reply to any questions people have. If you're wondering why there's been no update post/community meeting etc. just make a thread or post in the chatbox and I'll respond

I feel like people are going to interpret this as a disingenuous "I've made mistakes but I promise I'm going to change guys" post - please understand that I do genuinely listen to feedback and I'm not trying to just make people think change is happening without acting on it. This month has been fairly awkward mainly due to irl situations so things should return to a more regular circumstance soon

3 hours ago, Eagle said:

-The staff team have been fairly busy with irl events

This is a completely valid and fair point, it's also one that keeps popping up. 

If you are don't have time to run a community, let people join the team who can. 

I have already demonstrated that I will work to get servers up to match current trends (Mordhau 1v1 only now btw), I find it hard to continue to do drive myself to do this if we are met with this kind of response all the time. 

I would like to be able to assist Outbreak do new things without it feeling like I'm working for some silent crew of people that haven't got time for it. I want to be a part of the leadership team and have a say on technical projects. That's my offer. Don't let us get to Christmas without a new server for the love of sweet Mary Jesus. There aren't many here crying out for technical strives, events, competitions or Outbreak as a whole to "progress". I'm one of the few options for it. Yeah alright you probably don't like me that much and I have moaned for about 5 years, but I can't sit here letting all this potential go to waste. It is something I am quite passionate about not letting go. 

Edit: Also I forgot to mention that I have secured funding for server stuff, so hit me up if you want details about how it works. It won't come out of anyone's pockets that's for sure.

Edited by Mintlou

35 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

This is a completely valid and fair point, it's also one that keeps popping up. 

If you are don't have time to run a community, let people join the team who can. 

I have already demonstrated that I will work to get servers up to match current trends (Mordhau 1v1 only now btw), I find it hard to continue to do drive myself to do this if we are met with this kind of response all the time. 

I would like to be able to assist Outbreak do new things without it feeling like I'm working for some silent crew of people that haven't got time for it. I want to be a part of the leadership team and have a say on technical projects. That's my offer. Don't let us get to Christmas without a new server for the love of sweet Mary Jesus. There aren't many here crying out for technical strives, events, competitions or Outbreak as a whole to "progress". I'm one of the few options for it. Yeah alright you probably don't like me that much and I have moaned for about 5 years, but I can't sit here letting all this potential go to waste. It is something I am quite passionate about not letting go. 

Edit: Also I forgot to mention that I have secured funding for server stuff, so hit me up if you want details about how it works. It won't come out of anyone's pockets that's for sure.

I completely agree with everything in this post and I personally believe that you should be a mod tbh (but this decision will ultimately be down to the whole team), however, I do want to clarify that I think many of the irl cases in this month have been fairly unusual one-off scenarios (for example in my case I've had exams and family things going on) as opposed to consistent commitments. I do absolutely believe that people who can't sustain managing the community because of persisting irl engagements should give the role to people who can.

35 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

Yeah alright you probably don't like me that much and I have moaned for about 5 years, but I can't sit here letting all this potential go to waste. It is something I am quite passionate about not letting go.

Honestly (I might be in the minority here idk), I do like you, and your constant drive and passion for the community is one of the reasons for this - people might perceive your (and any other similar) posts as 'moaning', but I would class them more as 'critique'; you always seem to provide good cases for the arguments you make and are open to discussion over the issues.

Although there is a community meeting is at the weekend, if people feel they want to talk on TS/Steam/Whatever before then, I'm totally happy to - I do want to encourage consistent open discussion about the community as opposed to just during meetings or pop-up threads, just message or poke me when I'm on and we can chat.

conor doesnt like mintlou and therefore mintlou will never be a mod/admin. i know he used to be one when conor was owner but he basicly did nothing and he couldnt do nothing.

mintlou created mordhau server and it was packed first few days, outbreak does nothing with it btw. this FIVEM server is not gonna work either. honestly i was curious months ago but time passed by and i couldnt really care anymore. 

so we have a community member who wants to set up servers and do stuff but probably never will. yea i know mintlou can be a fucking ass. but atm NOTHING happens. just give this fucking douchebag some power to do stuff so we atleast can get a few servers running. ( even if its for a few weeks better than nothing ).

eagle this is not an attack to you i really think ur a great guy but i think this Community representative role is useless. Its just a scammy role so the other admins wont have to reply to the monthly "NOTHING IS GOING ON" thread. Now its your job to defend the actions of the current admin team. ur basicly the new UNSEEN. 

i have said in the past i dont care that much abouth whats going on, i just come on teamspeak, chill and play games. but its pretty sad how things are going right now.

Edited by w33zy

Mintlou wants to see this community thrive like it once was, hes more than happy to help and his tech knowledge is what you guys need, let him have some power to make things happen, he will keep up with trends, have servers up in days rather than weeks, he just needs conor to give him access and he will be all over it.

And as much as i hate to admit it, we kicked up a fuss about it, but for us to advance in the future we need to move to discord.

4 hours ago, w33zy said:

eagle this is not an attack to you i really think ur a great guy but i think this Community representative role is useless. Its just a scammy role so the other admins wont have to reply to the monthly "NOTHING IS GOING ON" thread. Now its your job to defend the actions of the current admin team. ur basicly the new UNSEEN. 

This is just bang on. If a role like this is to exist (it shouldn't tbh) you should at least be higher than a mod role lol

To me this just seems like the same people complaining about the same stuff again a month down the line.

You can't expect everything to be completed at the click of your fingers now can you. ''Give members the position where changes can be made'' Honestly to me this just looks like Mintlou wanting owner, with all due respect to Mintlou as I haven't gotten to know him well enough, it seems to be people want to avoid you being owner and you have your group that wants you in that role which suggests to be posts like this are bias.

Seriously can we not wait for more than a month without kicking off, it's like a bunch of kids that don't get there way. 

Mintlou's "Group" doesn't want him to be Owner, mostly we're happy to hang out and play random games. You need to understand that we just don't want to watch the community we've been part of for so long go to waste because few people are able to put in the work..

We can agree to disagree on that one then. As it seems there's the same post every month and it's from the same group of people. So clearly you're not happy to just hang out and play random games?

There's a better way to discuss the issues then posting on the forums where everyone that logs onto it can see us moaning at each other for change.

Mint doesn't want owner, like we have stated he wants to help, he wants to bring the community out of its rut, it might not work, but why not let him try. 

A good few of us have been there as owners/co-owners and we are currently in the worst state, we don't want to see it die a lot of us have put 100's of hours into the community aswell as money same as conor has, but we have gave it up when we haven't had the time. There's no shame on passing it on, but we aren't even asking for that. 

Mintlou has a drive, he's technically brilliant and he probably wants to prove that he can do it after a the threads, fuss and arguments over it. 

Why not let him try? 

@MiniColossus