Sign in to follow this  
Toby.

Classic WOW

Haven't really played WOW before, but love MMORPG games (hence kinda addicted to BDO atm) and was wondering how different WOW Classic is to the current WOW. From what I have gathered from people who have played WOW recently, it is not enjoyable as it gets old and boring very quickly. Just hoping to hear some opinions on WOW in general, as it would be nice to look forward to a new release this year (Classic WOW). I guess one of the overall questions also is, is anyone gonna play it?

4 hours ago, Hazed said:

who plays World of shit, it's legit garbage af as soon as they increased the global CD of abilities, it's like i'm playing final fantasy a realm reborn but with less suguoii graphics.

yes

Classic WoW sounds fantastic idk why you're basing it off of one guys opinion
- no more flying mounts which ruined world pvp and general interaction
- slow levelling (I enjoy levelling most in mmos)
- the chance to experience the OG mmo in its most well regarded form
- relive my experiences with WoW but as horde instead of alliance

WoW is a nice social experience with great music, environments, dungeons, class flavour, pvp, lore, etc

Current WoW is generally regarded as more of a combat game than an MMO, servers are cross realm so there's no real community to your server, there's a system with raid gear right now where you can luck out and get better stats than someone with the same gear, all dungeoning/raiding is done through cross realm LFR/LFG where nobody talks and you don't meet anybody on your server, when you look at someone you have no idea what gear they have due to transmog

I'm not fully up to date with the problems with current WoW but those are the ones I know of

I'll definitely be playing it

Edited by SonyTwan

@SonyTwan Is Classic WoW a game that can be played with friends? Also, you said no more flying mounts, so does it take a long time to get around the world then? I feel it would be annoying if it takes ages to get from place to place.

@Toby. WoW is great with friends, and even if you didn't have any you can easily make your own in game just through questing, guilds, dungeons, etc.
It does take long to get around the world, which in my opinion adds to the scale of the game, though some classes have movement speed abilities, and everyone has access to mounts at level 40/60.

Current WoW is repetitive boring gameplay up until level 90 where you lose the ability to power up for heirlooms. The game becomes a little more entertaining with the need to actually loot or buy and change your items instead of having one set that constantly scales with your character level. It is still very repetitive in the sense of queue for a dungeon, auto find a team and carry out said dungeon with a few people which have already boosted countless accounts to max.

Classic WoW: Removes all the gay shit, makes leveling up longer and allowing you to actually be excited about getting a new low level item, feels more like an exploration game instead of fly here-fly there-fly back here.

I will most certainly be playing WoW Classic and would really enjoy playing as a community guild because it makes things more enjoyable playing with people and gives someone to flex your shit to when you get a good drop. ??‍♂️

17 hours ago, Toby. said:

By what has been said, Classic WOW does not sound that great. I assume there will be a monthly sub anyway so will probably be rather costly ?

one of the best times i ever had in WOW was the classic mate, no bullshit just skill ( pvp btw ).

plus i would rather pay for the classic vanilla rather than just legion and what came after ?

16 hours ago, Toby. said:

@SonyTwan Is Classic WoW a game that can be played with friends? Also, you said no more flying mounts, so does it take a long time to get around the world then? I feel it would be annoying if it takes ages to get from place to place.

and yes you can 2v2 3v3, even raids were fun af mate, the biggest fun of them all was in open arena where u ask people to duel and there were soo many good players out there.

i remember the fucked up 3v3 op combo was priest ( shadow ) rouge ( Sub ) and mage ( frost ), good players not just dumb asses rushing and mashing.

2 hours ago, SonyTwan said:

e0doHQr.jpg

so much for playing during summer, basically over by that point
but hey we got a release date

I'm gonna be bored all summer then really busy once I'm back at college (which is about the same time as this release date). Dunno if I can realistically commit to playing