Sign in to follow this  
Fluxy

if you were thinking of getting World War Z, just watch this first

So seen a few folk chatting about getting this new game World War Z, its pegging itself as L4D reborn, revamped like blah blah. Thought I would check out some of my go-to reviewers to see how it stood up

Now, if you dont know the Worth a Buy reviews, or are familiar with Mac as a reviewer then ill sum up his style as, honest, balanced, accessible and funny. Where some reviews are like quite structured and long winded and break everything down into sound, gameplay, graphics, multiplayer and so on, WAB videos end with basically, is this game worth your money or not. Watching his review of World War Z kind of confirms what I thought it might be. Just wanted to warn my fellow gamers against dropping their money on a product that seems uninspired and boring. 

23 minutes ago, Fluxy said:

So seen a few folk chatting about getting this new game World War Z, its pegging itself as L4D reborn, revamped like blah blah. Thought I would check out some of my go-to reviewers to see how it stood up

Now, if you dont know the Worth a Buy reviews, or are familiar with Mac as a reviewer then ill sum up his style as, honest, balanced, accessible and funny. Where some reviews are like quite structured and long winded and break everything down into sound, gameplay, graphics, multiplayer and so on, WAB videos end with basically, is this game worth your money or not. Watching his review of World War Z kind of confirms what I thought it might be. Just wanted to warn my fellow gamers against dropping their money on a product that seems uninspired and boring. 

already bought it and finished it with eraser

ngl the game is aite and fun but not much reliability like l4d2

there is only 12 missions in the entire game and most of them are quite similar

overall not worth 32 quid but was a fun night with me boy d

I watched a video from VanossGaming to see if it is fun with friends and it looks pretty boring. It has a ideal missions to get to an area, defend and exit. Just basically a shitty $40 Left 4 Dead.

As nick said, him and i bought the game. I had a lot of fun the first few missions, even on the easiest difficulty things were getting a little bit hairy at times. But the lack of diversity in missions is a serious problem for replayability, you end up doing the same kind of thing over and over. Game looks great, waves and waves of the undead coming towards you really gets you on edge and the fact you can take sneaky approach or guns blazing approach appealed to me.  Yes it is like a version of l4d2 (even the opening scene of the games first mission is literally a carbon copy, maybe a homage), but i feel WWZ tried to be too many games at once. There are traits of l4d, the division, and killing floor thrown in there but it's all the negative or repetitive elements.  If you're looking for a new zombie wave killing game and haven't tried killing floor 2 please for the love of jesus give it a try the game is stressful as fuck, tons of people playing it and gives you those moments when the rest of your team is dead to clutch with all eyes watching. With WWZ when your team is dead, you are fucked, you cannot kite the zombies or sprint round the map, you just get nibbled. The game is fairly bug ridden too, Nick and i were playing and i got accidentally locked out of an area that we needed to progress, what ensued was waiting for 10 minutes for me to die. For a game that charges 31 pounds i want to get 31 hours out of it atleast, but i'm not sure i will unless there is a complete overhaul. Nevertheless i will probably play a few more hours of the game on higher difficulties just for the challenge.

tl;dr  > buy killing floor 2