Sign in to follow this  
M1nt-l0u

Time for change

Should Outbreak have a vote for a new owner?   

38 members have voted

1. 1. Should Outbreak seek to impose a new community owner?

• Yes
    • No

nice forums doesnt work properly.

also back in the day when people were mod/admin and they didnt find motivation to do anything or having busy schedule for work etc. They lay down their role and give it to someone else who has got the time. Like i told conor i dont give a shit abouth whats happening atm cause i dont care anymore mostly. I am happy to join teamspeak and talk to the guys and play games. 

Gaming also changed a lot last years. People get older, new games come out and seriously no1 in here would play jailbreak for longer than a week. But yea if you are a Owner/admin or something and there isnt anything done last 6 months maybe its time for a change? or actually show something that we know you guys are working on. These threads always come up every half a year and its always the same. yea we working on this we working on that. 

Also @Frostie i really enjoy your post, i remember when you still talked shit few weeks ago abouth whats being done in outbreak. saying you dont care anymore and no1 is doing anything, yet you come here just to shit on mintlou. big ass hypocrite, saying conor funds the teamspeak so he cares. plenty times we said we want to fund aswell but you get no proper reaction back how to fund aswell.

Also big idea to have a fundraiser on the forums for the cost for the website and teamspeak? loads of other communities do this and we shared this idea months ago aswell, no proper response. 

i didnt really wanna make a post like i said cause i enjoy getting on teamspeak and just speak/game with my buddies.

but we all know mintlou is not the easiest person to deal with but i agree this time this motherfucker has points and nothing is being done last 6/8 months, reviving minigames or jb for the 10th time is not worth it. we all know it dies within 2 weeks. 

Edited by w33zy

I don’t know how you all can take a single quote out of context and say it’s what I have been saying for a long time. Fact is something was happening in my real life around the time I was ‘ambushed’ with questions about the community. I’m not going to bring my real life drama onto the forums. You’ve all been in our shoes as moderators and admins when the community has struggled and should know it’s not easy to just “do something new”. This post has definitely got the ball rolling again, despite the team working on a FiveM server as previously mentioned, I can openly say I haven’t had anything to do with it. Firstly I don’t enjoy the game, secondly I don’t have the knowledge behind the server set-up and modding, thirdly I do not own the game and don’t plan on changing that as my computer is shit and won’t be able to run it well enough, finally I have a business to run. Yes I can step down and remove myself from the team, but on the other hand Conor is a good real life friend and I want to support him whenever I can possible.

As said, the ball is rolling again thanks to Akame, his post was inspirational and has gained traction amongst us. Conor and Cheesepuff will be focusing on the FiveM server, Myself and Ginger will be looking at frequent events again and Kai will be drifting between the two as well as other projects.

We do appreciate your patience in the meantime, thanks.

15 minutes ago, Frostie said:

I don’t know how you all can take a single quote out of context and say it’s what I have been saying for a long time.

Hey frostie whats going on with outbreak and the servers?

uhm nothing is going on and i dont care tho.

this wasnt out of context my friend, i get you ofcourse you gonna defend yourself thats okay.

Edited by w33zy

7 minutes ago, w33zy said:

Hey frostie whats going on with outbreak and the servers?

uhm nothing is going on and i dont care tho.

this wasnt out of context my friend, i get you ofcourse you gonna defend yourself thats okay.

“I don’t care right now” was the words I used. If you want to know why it was out of context you can ask me on teamspeak or through a private message, I just don’t want my personal drama documented on a thread that is just another repeat.

Just to point it out, it needs help from the members for a server to work, how many people actually want to play RP on GTA, the only person I know who's stuck to RP is gaydog, has anyone else got interest in the server? 

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but every time I've played RP it's lasted me like a week or so before I've got bored because it's literally a constant grind. 

Don't want time and money being put into something that will die in 2 weeks like everything else. 

Forgive me if I am wrong, the GTA server that we are getting hasn't really been discussed with the members, I think conor just popped up on a thread and said a RP server is coming. 

But at the end of the day a server being made is great, but only if we the people are willing to put time into it and I'm not sure you guys have that backing because it's not been discussed and no vote for an RP server has existed from what I remember, do people actually want this? 

Edited by gaffeR

- Less games which communities can put their own spin on due to lack of community servers/modding

- Games all have their own official/unofficial discords which are largely populated, meaning you can find games and talk

- Ageing population within the community with more responsibilities outside of gaming (this goes for everyone)

Regardless of the stale administration, I don't see anything happening lol. I personally don't care for GTA.
Shut forums down keep TS server, if we meet people we want to hang out with they can join.

Edited by SonyTwan

Frostie right now:

giphy.gif

A discussion was ongoing about the future of Outbreak. You were asked a few direct questions by members in the channel at the time. "What's going on with Outbreak, what's the team and Conor up to" .... You replied "Nothing, OB is dead and Conor just doesn't care anymore".... How on this earth can that even be described as an "Out of context" comment?

You made a mistake by saying that because you didn't think it would come back to bite you in the ass. It's what you meant at the time, and a week ago you would have given the exact same answer if it were not for this thread.

4 hours ago, Frostie said:

the ball is rolling again thanks to Akame

I agree that his comments were motivating. But don't forget that you lot are falling right back into my predicted cycle. Give Akame all the credit you want. You guys are finished with Outbreak and you know it. I'm not discrediting his post but really the only new thing there was the pub analogy if you analyse the arguments that have been made on this thread. You'd just rather listen to him because he doesn't call you out like I have been doing for years. The poll on this thread is about having a new owner. It has a CLEAR majority for it, and the current admin team are in full denial about it. 

I started a thread with a main focus of changing the leadership team because I'm fed up with the crap you keep telling us about "where the community is", and the majority of active members seem to agree with the intentions of that poll title if you look at the weight of that vote.

Unseen was one of the most highly appraised community staff members of all time, the community even tried to get him to co-owner status. He left because of Conor...

The Mintlou curse of not being taken seriously because it's Mintlou still going strong 6 years on. Please look at the argument rather than the person making it, because it seems anyone who has the same opinion as I do and doesn't reference Mintlou gets massive praise and encouragement. 

Edited by Mintlou

9 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

Frostie right now:

giphy.gif

A discussion was ongoing about the future of Outbreak. You were asked a few direct questions by members in the channel at the time. "What's going on with Outbreak, what's the team and Conor up to" .... You replied "Nothing, OB is dead and Conor just doesn't care anymore".... How on this earth can that even be described as an "Out of context" comment?

I was not part of said discussion, I was away from my computer during that time, I return to be questioned on the topic in a heavy way which is why I described it as “an ambush”. If those were the words that were said, they were not words I meant. 

You’re very right in what your saying about your name tagged on something. You are a nice guy, I respect you and do value your friendship however I don’t value your opinions or care for your repetitive arguments. ??‍♂️

All I can see from this post mintlou is you complaining 24/7... I've only been apart of OB for 2 years so I wasn't in here when OB was in it's prime.. However all I see on the forums when I come on is people complaining about Outbreak new owner, Outbreak mods this and mods that...

People may want a new owner people may not. However if you were the owner. People wouldn't be here.

On 07/04/2019 at 17:04, Mintlou said:

To answer the question of "Mintlou, what is your goal with this?" : I would put myself forward alongside another long time member to run this community and try something new. I would not accept this job solo. This other person would have to be as committed as I am or I would reject. I have asked another member who has expressed interest  

In light of how many flagrantly racist/homophobic/sexist soundboards there are of you, what now makes you a credible owner?