Sign in to follow this  
M1nt-l0u

Time for change

Should Outbreak have a vote for a new owner?   

38 members have voted

1. 1. Should Outbreak seek to impose a new community owner?

• Yes
    • No

17 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

No community update for 6 months isn't trying at all. The team hasn't even tried to communicate any of the efforts being made or struggles it has faced in an official way. I'm not twisting words at all. I won't name names as to whom I've heard those comments from, but I can tell you truthfully that they aren't made up.

You are correct. We should have updated the community more often with our intentions as currently any updates that have been given have been given in dribs and drabs. These should have been collated into monthly updates. 

20 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

No. It's that since Conor was owner, he changed the moderator role from what it was when I was last in the team. Needless stripping of powers which I addressed at the time and the majority of the mod team at the time agreed with me, but at the same time were not as bothered by it as I was.

I've argued before that the whole point of a moderator is someone who oversees the function of the platforms to uphold the community values. I believe that the stripping of core abilities like approving/moving/deleting posts is absolutely ludicrous for a moderator role. I still don't think I'm being unreasonable with those views.

32 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

Not true, I wanted actual ability to moderate, look at my list again. I don't see "create channels and edit user group permissions" on that list.

Times change Mintlou. Powers have been modified in retrospect to the communities needs and due to past issues. The community didn't and still doesn't need to be heavily modded as we have regulars who quite frankly can be trusted to moderate themselves. The approval, deletion and moving of peoples posts has always remained Admin+ as far as I'm aware. 

32 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

From memory it took a very long time for a staff response, and you were the first one I believe? 

Kai (Admin) was the first person to respond within a few hours with me following a few days later. There was a single moderator who agreed with you at the time and didn't give any further reasons as so why they agreed. 

35 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

Totally unnecessary. I give more than enough reasoning for my requests, it isn't just complaining. I will put the work in to explain it and although it sounds arrogant, I know that ultimately my version of what each moderator role should do would yield more positive results, as seen from previous Outbreak owners over the years.

This is not my opinion or comment from just this thread. That is the whole demeanor i have seen from you for the years that i have known you. You do not like to follow rules. you do not like when you are told no. 

37 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

Which is precisely why you deserve to be trusted enough to have full access in my book. 

Just because you or I have the ability to control most of what happens in our jobs and are mostly unrestricted doesn't mean that should flow over to every aspect of your life. Your job will still have major boundaries on what you can do or what you can implement. This is the same as Outbreak, Everything comes in steps. 

42 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

I'll check back in 6 months time when I prove myself correct yet again. 

I hope you are still around and I hope to see you then. 

tig_xwd4cd.png

change ob - the retarded group

grass is always greener

idk wtf ur expecting conor to do?

and i don't think there's anyone who would want to and be good at running this place

i have full faith in the ability of current admin team to setup run and maintain and fivemrp server and fully expect it to be successful if we have even a small group of consistent players prop it up in the beginning

and wrt your bitching about not getting power when you were mod, you being given it in the first place was a mistake

I don't want this to derail into Mintlou VS Admin team again. It happens far too often and clearly achieves nothing. It is not appropriate for this thread.

Thank you for responding so promptly. While I disagree with some of the points you raised and could argue in circles for 5 more pages about it, it's not productive and most of the points are only relevant to arguments we had over a year ago. I'll agree to disagree with you on this. 

However, there is clear desire for change as these threads keep gaining some traction whenever they pop up. It isn't just me is it? The poll here shows that the majority of members want to see something happen with the leadership team, and I think I also speak for them when I say that we don't want a light dusting off with a server just being popped up as a result of this moaning. An actual change in leadership is what they want.

As I've said before. I will, and I'm sure others will work with Conor, but not below him. The results of him being the sole owner of this community speak for themselves, it's his money. Working together is perhaps the best move that can be made at this point. Bridge the gap between old OG and Yung beef to create something that both sides want. The stripping of anyone's position is bound to have negative impact, but adding more heads to the table is something that could steer OB back into proper community development. That's the goal here. 

I have nothing more to add to this discussion, but I will refer back to this thread near Christmas time again as I predict little progress will have been made if nothing changes very soon.

Edited by Mintlou

The title speaks for itself, just in my opinion not for the same reason that you agree with. I personally think it’s yourself that needs to change Mintlou, the community has developed a lot over it’s lifetime it has had it’s ups and it’s downs. We have reached a point where we are not a gaming community anymore and are in fact a community. The teamspeak exists solely as a hub to group everyone together so that they may choose their own games to play and interact with people of their choosing. We don’t have a need for “fresh blood” every week because the community exists from the foundries of friendships. I personally don’t mind new people coming in or not, this is my own opinion as I enjoy playing the games I currently do with the people I have chosen to spend my time with.

As for yourself you’re holding onto the idea “what we were and should be” and it’s always the same with you every 4-6 months you will start a dramafest that will go in circles as you said yourself until it fizzles out. 

I’m happy to assist with servers and events when we have a clear desire for them but that desire doesn’t exist. It’s not as simple as it sounds throwing a server together and keeping it populated when the majority of the community and all of the admin team have full time jobs. Don’t get me wrong we all enjoy doing it, but then to set something up that was requested to only let it die after a few weeks because the community no longer wants it causes a lack of motivation and we have to start again.

If you desperately want to help, try by accepting that ownership isn’t going to change until something major happens in Conors life that requires his full attention and start acting like a supportive member instead of a brat.

There is nothing stopping you from creating a server of your own whatever that may be, using your own funds and taking in donations to fund it. You don’t require “ownership” to make a server, we have had multiple servers ran by members (mostly minecraft) that were successful and didn’t require ownership status to make that happen.

As it stands Conor is the Owner, he funds the Teamspeak and pays for pop up servers to be played until their expiration date. You can say you are greatful or argue you don’t want him to do that, either way he does it because he cares. We all care, however real life sometimes has to take priority over the virtual world and slows down projects and causes lack of communication between staff and staff aswell as staff and members.

This will be the last response on this thread from us as it’s just another one of your rants about “the state of the community” no matter how you paint it and argue it, that’s exactly what this has been. 

Thanks for your read, Good day.

3h2PCT5.jpg

As Frostie is new to the conversation I'll give him the benefit of a reply as his post mentions me.

1 hour ago, Frostie said:

I personally think it’s yourself that needs to change Mintlou

Because I still want to keep Outbreak a gaming community since 2012?

We have reached a point where we are not a gaming community anymore

That sounds like you speaking on behalf of everyone else without querying what the community wants. That's how out of touch you are, your own laziness has determined that utter rubbish.

it’s always the same with you every 4-6 months

And every 4-6 months the admins have panic meetings and react to them, albeit the team never fully carries out its intentions. I must be doing something right. 

I’m happy to assist with servers and events when we have a clear desire for them but that desire doesn’t exist.

So what assistance have you given towards this RP server you've been convincing us is happening in TeamSpeak all this time then. And as you've decided to go in on me tonight, I would also like to take this opportunity to point out it was you who said OB is dead and Conor doesn't care anymore. That doesn't sound like happy assistance to me.

try by accepting that ownership isn’t going to change until something major happens in Conors life that requires his full attention

As far as I'm concerned, no interaction with the community for 6 months is the time to move on. The fact that this is the tenth or so thread about this since Conor has been owner speaks volumes. Communication has always been a problem and you guys haven't done enough to improve on it. I cannot comprehend why you are even trying to defend these actions. You're so far up Sir_Conor creek that you're redefining what the community is without interacting with it like an Admin should be doing. You've come out the woodwork to defend your yellow name tag for.... WHAT? So you can look down from the castle and pour hot oil on those below who try to change things? What is the point of defending something you put so little effort towards helping. I'm not saying you've always been this way, but you can surely be somewhat empathetic to what I'm saying here? 

The admin team don't actually do anything and you're all still defending it all like they're worthy actions for running an online community. Are you bloody deluded? Seriously? Imagine you weren't on the team and it was another group in charge.

You don’t require “ownership” to make a server

Yeah there's a real incentive to use my real money to fund and manage servers for a community leadership team who's actions show they are done maintaining a gaming community. What I say is: You don't require ownership to remain as dormant user accounts on a forum that has massive potential in the right hands.

because he cares.

Conor has a very strange way of expressing care of something if his tactic is to neglect it. I will repeat that I appreciate that Conor funds this place, I really mean that. I don't appreciate that these funds come on the condition that he 100% owns it; the funds can come from elsewhere, but the ownership should be broken down so more voices can actually break the stagnation that's plagued this place for years.

real life sometimes has to take priority over the virtual world

This community has been slow and steady for about two years. If you can't dedicate the time to it, pass it on to someone who can. It isn't personal, it's a sign of good leadership. I know real life stuff can get in the way of things, but I don't see anyone else in the current team stepping up to fill that void, only person who really has the excuse of a real life is Lewis as he's gone away to do something with his life. The rest of you still sit on here most evenings and talk or play games so don't give me that crap.

This will be the last response on this thread from us

Get ready to read this again near the year end. 

Edited by Mintlou

3 hours ago, Frostie said:

are in fact a community.

I wouldn't call 30 people split into 5 Groups a community tbh, everyone in OB has different interests and the one thing they had in common was the game server or events that OB used to run, with neither of those happening it's just a TS server with 30ish people on it with 5-8 of which being in the OG channel ,15 being spread in Mix Rooms with about 3 in each and around 7 people constantly in Games Rooms, these numbers never really change, people have at this point stopped trying to mix groups of people up and it's obvious why, they have no reason too, before they had servers or events which led to community integration, without those OB will remain a TS server which has no real community feel to it, the only person that I see moving between groups consistently is Quinn, however they've been in the community fuck knows how long so they comfortably know the OGs and is still the age of the other people within the community so they can relate to their humour etc, which leads to another thing of when the possibility of Discord was being discussed, that thread alone shows the divide between the community some people willing to leave if the move was going to happen and honestly I don't blame them it's like when someone said "It's like going to a pub to see your mates and saying we need more mates" we don't and hence why the community is split, no common interests between groups cause splits and the splits can be fixed with events or a server which people will enjoy longterm.

Edited by keemy

Throwing the ownership of the community around isn't the solution however I think this thread raises some important issues.

Do we need change?

Yes, the community is completely stagnant.

Will change work?

We don't know, there are no exact plans for what this change actually is.

How can we make it work?

If you have a plan for the future of the community then I'd suggest typing it up and posting it on the forums, apply for a server warden or moderator role and then carry out your plan. Good ideas will resonate with the community and will increase community activity.

I haven't seen anyone try to take a lead on anything in a while except for the current admin team. That being said I do wish they would be more open with everyone about what their plans are and how they're going to achieve them because it would stop the community becoming alienated from the team and they would be able to get help and ideas from the community.