Sign in to follow this  
M1nt-l0u

Time for change

Should Outbreak have a vote for a new owner?   

38 members have voted

1. 1. Should Outbreak seek to impose a new community owner?

• Yes
    • No

As Outbreak hasn't really done anything productive in about a year, I think it's time for something different.

Many people don't really care anymore, but then I can sympathise with them as there isn't really much to care about at the moment. 

So, a simple vote. Should Outbreak change the leadership team? Is it time for Sir_Conor to hand this community to someone who wants to run it?

All memes aside, and to avoid this simply being another "Mintlou getting mad at Conor doing nothing again", just think about it for a second please. 

Don't think of this as me just wanting to get something out of it. I would not want to have this whole community on my own head. Listen to what people around here are saying and you'll hear something along the following: "It's clear that ownership doesn't care anymore, all of the staff openly admit it".

So surely it's time to change something then right? I am genuinely curious as to why people are voting 'no' and would like to have a discussion on TeamSpeak about it. So if you're one of the 'no' voters, I invite you to share your reasons for voting so. 

To Conor and the team: If you're done with Outbreak, and can't find the motivation to create new content or try new ways to attract new members, why are you holding on to it? In the past when previous owners got to this stage, they would begin handover negotiations to the next person wanting to give it a shot. 

To answer the question of "Mintlou, what is your goal with this?" : I would put myself forward alongside another long time member to run this community and try something new. I would not accept this job solo. This other person would have to be as committed as I am or I would reject. I have asked another member who has expressed interest. I just hate watching this place do nothing for so long when there are people still willing to try and make things work. If you are interested in discussing it, pop on TeamSpeak. 

It is unlikely this thread will achieve anything, but if you try nothing you get no results. This is at least something.  

There hasn't been as much progress as I wanted to on the GTA/FiveM Server, I've been doing the stuff on the side for it although I've not been able to devote as much time as I'd of liked due to personal reasons. We set up a vanilla FiveM Server quite quickly but were having issues while installing the main major frameworks and getting them to work together without throwing errors or just crashing, it's only been this weekend where we've got the framework to actually work and are at a point of deciding what we need to install.

I've spent the past few hours today playing around on different RP Servers having a look at mechanics and systems that they have and what ones we'll need and it is a hell of a lot which we'll all need configs setting up correctly and making sure everything works together. I definitely don't have much experience setting up FiveM server which is taking a lot of time learning while at the same time trying to implement it.

Now unless GTA/FiveM Server isn't something that people want and they have alternative ideas or suggestions or whatever instead, I do think GTA/Five M RP server would really be great for us but there is a lot of work that needs to be done and I honestly can't do it all, Cheese helps as much as he can but as he previously mentioned he's been massively busy with work and hasn't been able to help as much.

Simply put we need more people helping with the Server if we actually want to make it and make it good some of the things I see we need is already:

Server Development Help (Both people with technical experience and others to help find plugins through Here)
Server Communications (Keeping people updated on what's going on, so people have a much better idea of what's happening)
GTA V/Five M RP players that have played on servers and can give us a better idea what some of the best Quality of Life/Must have plugins.
Anyone that has an interest in GTA and are willing to spend hours of their time testing out everything.

Afterwards, we can try and get more custom plugins created, not sure how much LUA @Quinn has done before but they said they happily make shit for us and if there is anyone else who also wants to help with this the more the better.

Last I asked, "If anyone has any experience setting up FiveM servers let us know as it be helpful." I didn't get any feedback, other than the people who were just genuinely looking forward to GTA RP Server but if we want to have the server out faster we are going to need more people willing to help and spend time on it. So if there are people that want to help with GTA RP Server either come to speak to me, forum message me hopefully I get more of a response than last time and then together we can start actually making progress on both the server and then the community as a whole.

6 minutes ago, Sir_Conor said:

Simply put we need more people helping with the Server

Why keep this hidden then? I'm sure there are people with enough time on their hands to give a helping hand, I do agree with Mintlou's point on the complete separation between the Staff and Members, if the staff team feels obliged to ask for help, Why not? The rank of "Member" is practically rendered useless and I reckon that they should be trusted enough to give their input towards creating servers. (although I doubt I could be of any help since I have 0 knowledge of creating a FiveM server I don't doubt other members have knowledge on some sort of server creation) 

Ok so server help is needed. Why then for the last 6 months whenever any staff member is asked what is going on do they all say "I dunno, no one cares anymore. We've given up"?

This post isn't about whipping a server up quickly to shut people up, it's about the fact that there has been no sense of leadership here for quite some time. Writing an update post requires no more than 30 mins of your time, and you haven't done it. 

I feel we'll slip into the same old cycle that I've mentioned will happen in the past:

b6EnaBY.jpg

Even after that thread which was two months ago and can be found here...

....Nothing from a member's point of view has actually changed. Admittedly you asked for server help and probably didn't get any responses from it, but where are the news updates and any other form of player interaction? No other staff member has tried to do anything else to make this a community. 

Yes I'd like a FiveM server, but ultimately the bigger battle here is a change of the leadership team, otherwise history will keep on repeating itself. 

And if you don't believe me, here's a list of threads that support my prediction, I was on the mod team during one of those threads and supported the efforts I saw in the background. As memory recalls, I ended up stepping down due to the lack of things mods were actually able to do that the time. There are threads that explain this in great detail.

https://outbreak-community.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8629-its-over/
https://outbreak-community.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9205-time-for-change
https://outbreak-community.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9046-is-it-time/
https://outbreak-community.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9047-a-very-overdue-update/
https://outbreak-community.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9044-is-ob-dead/
https://outbreak-community.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9011-prime-conors-questions-pcq/
https://outbreak-community.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8747-an-open-letter-to-sir_conor/
https://outbreak-community.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8382-outbreak-community-2017/
https://outbreak-community.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8171-what-do-you-want-from-ob/

Edited by Mintlou

43 minutes ago, Sir_Conor said:

There hasn't been as much progress as I wanted to on the GTA/FiveM Server, I've been doing the stuff on the side for it although I've not been able to devote as much time as I'd of liked due to personal reasons. We set up a vanilla FiveM Server quite quickly but were having issues while installing the main major frameworks and getting them to work together without throwing errors or just crashing, it's only been this weekend where we've got the framework to actually work and are at a point of deciding what we need to install.

I've spent the past few hours today playing around on different RP Servers having a look at mechanics and systems that they have and what ones we'll need and it is a hell of a lot which we'll all need configs setting up correctly and making sure everything works together. I definitely don't have much experience setting up FiveM server which is taking a lot of time learning while at the same time trying to implement it.

Now unless GTA/FiveM Server isn't something that people want and they have alternative ideas or suggestions or whatever instead, I do think GTA/Five M RP server would really be great for us but there is a lot of work that needs to be done and I honestly can't do it all, Cheese helps as much as he can but as he previously mentioned he's been massively busy with work and hasn't been able to help as much.

Simply put we need more people helping with the Server if we actually want to make it and make it good some of the things I see we need is already:

Server Development Help (Both people with technical experience and others to help find plugins through Here)
Server Communications (Keeping people updated on what's going on, so people have a much better idea of what's happening)
GTA V/Five M RP players that have played on servers and can give us a better idea what some of the best Quality of Life/Must have plugins.
Anyone that has an interest in GTA and are willing to spend hours of their time testing out everything.

Afterwards, we can try and get more custom plugins created, not sure how much LUA @Quinn has done before but they said they happily make shit for us and if there is anyone else who also wants to help with this the more the better.

Last I asked, "If anyone has any experience setting up FiveM servers let us know as it be helpful." I didn't get any feedback, other than the people who were just genuinely looking forward to GTA RP Server but if we want to have the server out faster we are going to need more people willing to help and spend time on it. So if there are people that want to help with GTA RP Server either come to speak to me, forum message me hopefully I get more of a response than last time and then together we can start actually making progress on both the server and then the community as a whole.

tbh i had no idea this was going on and I am excited for this to work. I wish i could help in any way possible but im abit useless in terms of setting up servers, but I appreciate that you guys are actually doing something with this and look forward to it. Good luck getting this done, hope it doesnt flop.

First of all, I am almost certain that not one of the current admin/mod team has said the below. You are once again twisting words and making up bullshit to try and make your points more valid. 

4 hours ago, Mintlou said:

"It's clear that ownership doesn't care anymore, all of the staff openly admit it"

The community is not only failing due to just the lack of work being done, the community is failing due to the fact that everyone is not attempting to bring new people into the community also. We have launched Jailbreak, Minigames, Retake and Minecraft servers all over the space of the last year and each and every time the servers have been played for a few weeks then dropped as people did not carry on playing them. 

We try and find new server that can be used to bring people into the community but time and time again, even after forum votes, these servers are not what people are interested in. This then caused the servers to be left empty and therefore rendered useless. 

2 hours ago, Mintlou said:

I ended up stepping down due to the lack of things mods were actually able to do that the time.

Mintlou, You stepped down because you wanted to immediately gain access to all the powers you possibly could. You wanted to be able to Hide, delete and edit peoples posts on the forums as soon as you were incorporated into the admin team. You also wanted top level Teamspeak rights for every moderator which is simply not needed. 

You are a stroppy child who cant handle being restricted or ignored and will throw all of his toys out of the pram to get what he wants. You'd make a real good leader.

(Multiple responses were sent to the below post, before you say you were ignored on it) 

On 04/04/2018 at 22:19, Mintlou said:

I'm just sick of being in a position where I don't have the correct perms to do this properly.

Teamspeak

• Can't see TS Bans ----- (Correction, looks like you can now see this.  :banter:)
  • Can't ban for more than a day 
  • Can't delete own bans
  • Can't give channel talk priority
  • Can't edit channels
  • Can't change user description
  • Can't go into small council chambers
  • Can't see the complaints list
  • Can't see the TS permissions list for channels, members or self - really. I can't even see what I can/can't do?
  • Can't see server log
  • Can't post in all chat

Forums

• Can't delete own post
  • Can't delete other posts
  • Can't move spam posts
  • Can't give warning points
  • Can't edit other posts
  • Can't close topics
  • Can't post everywhere without the approval thing. Mods should not have that enabled on them AT ALL.
  • Can't approve posts
  • Can't view bans/sanctions/warning points

We are just members with the ability to move and give perms in TS. So really we're glorified event hosts. I don't want there to be a secret group of "trusted potential mods" who might one day get the correct tools. If you don't think we're able to do this role while being trusted, get me out of it. If you do think I can do it, let me.

I am angered by the amount of needless control that has been imposed onto this role. It is the work of a tinkerer that has stepped into the realm of being a control freak. It actually makes me livid when I discover new things we can't do. I was asked to ban a known person in TS who is permabanned, which I can't do for more than a day. How fucking pathetic does that make us look when the reason is "Permed" but I can't do anything more about it than a 24hr ban?

My 9-5 job is server administration/creation and maintenance so I'm used to having all access to everything without restriction, coming home to this every night just isn't worth my time now with the current setup. If there are no plans to change this and you're happy with the setup, put me back in the members group for now please.

"My 9-5 job is server administration/creation and maintenance so I'm used to having all access to everything without restriction, coming home to this every night just isn't worth my time now with the current setup." - My favorite line because its almost as if I'm not in the same job role as you...

9 minutes ago, giant_cheesepuff said:

The community is not only failing due to just the lack of work being done, the community is failing due to the fact that everyone is not attempting to bring new people into the community also. We have launched Jailbreak, Minigames, Retake and Minecraft servers all over the space of the last year and each and every time the servers have been played for a few weeks then dropped as people did not carry on playing them. 

We try and find new server that can be used to bring people into the community but time and time again, even after forum votes, these servers are not what people are interested in. This then caused the servers to be left empty and therefore rendered useless. 

No community update for 6 months isn't trying at all. The team hasn't even tried to communicate any of the efforts being made or struggles it has faced in an official way. I'm not twisting words at all. I won't name names as to whom I've heard those comments from, but I can tell you truthfully that they aren't made up.

5 minutes ago, giant_cheesepuff said:

You stepped down because you wanted to immediately gain access to all the powers you possibly could

No. It's that since Conor was owner, he changed the moderator role from what it was when I was last in the team. Needless stripping of powers which I addressed at the time and the majority of the mod team at the time agreed with me, but at the same time were not as bothered by it as I was.

I've argued before that the whole point of a moderator is someone who oversees the function of the platforms to uphold the community values. I believe that the stripping of core abilities like approving/moving/deleting posts is absolutely ludicrous for a moderator role. I still don't think I'm being unreasonable with those views.

6 minutes ago, giant_cheesepuff said:

You also wanted top level Teamspeak rights for every moderator which is simply not needed. 

Not true, I wanted actual ability to moderate, look at my list again. I don't see "create channels and edit user group permissions" on that list.

7 minutes ago, giant_cheesepuff said:

(Multiple responses were sent to the below post, before you say you were ignored on it)

From memory it took a very long time for a staff response, and you were the first one I believe? 

7 minutes ago, giant_cheesepuff said:

You are a stroppy child

Totally unnecessary. I give more than enough reasoning for my requests, it isn't just complaining. I will put the work in to explain it and although it sounds arrogant, I know that ultimately my version of what each moderator role should do would yield more positive results, as seen from previous Outbreak owners over the years.

18 minutes ago, giant_cheesepuff said:

My favorite line because its almost as if I'm not in the same job role as you...

Which is precisely why you deserve to be trusted enough to have full access in my book. 

I'll check back in 6 months time when I prove myself correct yet again.