Sign in to follow this  
Jak

Sanity Check: Mini ITX PC Build

I'm planning on building a tiny gaming PC in the case below so that I can get everything I need into something that fits onto my small desk and looks good:

https://www.lazer3d.com/product/cg7-cravo/

LYvDGU7.png

Things I've got sorted are:

• CPU: Intel i5-8600K (in current build)
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz (in current build)
  • Storage: M.2 PCIe SSD, 250GB + 250GB SATA SSD 2.5" + 2TB Firecuda SSHD 2.5" (in current build)
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-L12S
  • GFX: Some variety of mini GTX 1070

Things I could do with help with:

• Finding a Mini ITX motherboard with 1191 socket that has M.2 PCIe storage space, PCIe slot for GFX card, and connectors for 2 other hard drives
  • Knowing whether a 350W TFX PSU will have enough juice to power everything
  • Do I need more cooling? If so I can put 2 92mm slim fans in

Anyone got any ideas?

2 hours ago, Quinn said:

i5-8600k is overkill with a 1070 you should get i5-8400, unless you're gonna be doing cpu intensive things

I do a fair amount of cpu heavy work. I already have the cpu in my current build, not going to get rid of it to buy a shitter model, the only reason I’m going 1070 is because 1080 minis are too expensive to justify.

40 minutes ago, Jak said:

I do a fair amount of cpu heavy work. I already have the cpu in my current build, not going to get rid of it to buy a shitter model, the only reason I’m going 1070 is because 1080 minis are too expensive to justify.

fuck i can't reead

@Oldmike I like the Shuttle PCs but I already have most parts and need a dedicated gpu so they don't fit the bill for this project. If/when I move somewhere bigger though I want to have something similar for a media centre.

Looks cool jak but i dont think i can help you. goodluck tough and  i would like to see pictures as Work in progress. 👍

31 minutes ago, Jak said:

@Oldmike I like the Shuttle PCs but I already have most parts and need a dedicated gpu so they don't fit the bill for this project. If/when I move somewhere bigger though I want to have something similar for a media centre.

You can just order a barebone shuttle, which comes with a motherboard and psu i believe. It fits a full sized gpu aswell, got a 1070 in it currently.

On 13/02/2019 at 00:01, Jak said:

I honestly appreciate the attempt Hugo.

@Mintlou

I didnt actually even realise this was a fake mintlou. Pretty hilarious posts on there though. GOOD TO SEE HE AINT CHANGED 

On 12/02/2019 at 23:44, Jak said:

Finding a Mini ITX motherboard with 1191 socket

Also you mean 1151

Motherboard

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-prime-h310i-plus-csm-intel-h310-s-1151-ddr4-sata3-m2-realtek-gbe-usb-31-gen1-a-mini-itx 

PSU

350W might be a bit close to the bar with that. I mean it would prob work but I'd go for 400W to cover yourself. 

3nin0uX.jpg

Edited by Mintlou

39 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

Also you mean 1151

Motherboard

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-prime-h310i-plus-csm-intel-h310-s-1151-ddr4-sata3-m2-realtek-gbe-usb-31-gen1-a-mini-itx 

PSU

350W might be a bit close to the bar with that. I mean it would prob work but I'd go for 400W to cover yourself. 

3nin0uX.jpg

Yes I do, no idea why/how I put a 9 in there. Thanks loads for that Asus link. I don’t really have a budget as such, I guess no more than £150 on a mobo but not tied down. Obviously cheaper is better, and my only real requirements are M.2 storage space, 4+USB ports, and basic audio I/O; I am Ethernet connected and don’t give a shit about Bluetooth, and I’ll likely get a decent DAC down the road so no need for a “good” soundcard.

Whats the website you used for wattage? I’m struggling to actually find a TFX psu over 350 so that might be the max.