Danny

Bring The Hub Back?...

Throwing this out here, hub died after like 5 months due to various reasons.

People lost interest, no incentive, arguments, etc.

I'm back and I know there's some interest for the hub coming back, not sure if there's enough at this point.

What the intended hub will have/be -

• Prizes, unsure how top heavy people would like it. Probably will be top 3-5. Depends. Help is always appreciated.
  • Competitive Gather system.
  • Monthly leaderboard system.

What it WON'T have/be -  

• Noobs - If you can't play Counterstrike to a reasonable ability you can't be in the hub. I had so many complaints last time around, nobody finds it fun when 1 person doesn't even know basic call outs or any sort of basic nade usage.
  • Exclusively OB - The hub will be invite/application only, but people who have previously been regulars of hubs and friend of friends are allowed in.
  • Trolls - Any trolling, especially early on is just gonna be banned straight up.

If there's any suggestions or if you're interested let me know.

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Noobs - If you can't play Counterstrike to a reasonable ability you can't be in the hub. I had so many complaints last time around, nobody finds it fun when 1 person doesn't even know basic call outs or any sort of basic nade usage.

this was basically was started a fucking witch hunt last time

Personally, I wouldn't mind playing a bit of cs exclusively with OB again, cause the HUB with randoms was a fucking shit show.

Sounds fun

Would it maybe be worth having a casual hub as well, with all skill groups allowed but without the competitive nature? I don't know whether the cs playing portion of the community would be large enough to sustain both (at least, based on the number of people who still play cs right now), but it would still allow people who haven't spent tons of time on the game to chill and have fun - like the old popflash gathers.

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

Would it maybe be worth having a casual hub as well, with all skill groups allowed but without the competitive nature? I don't know whether the cs playing portion of the community would be large enough to sustain both (at least, based on the number of people who still play cs right now), but it would still allow people who haven't spent tons of time on the game to chill and have fun - like the old popflash gathers.

I mean, sure, but probably not.

The biggest complaint that I have ever heard in gathers is when people take the piss in a game, so idk if people would be down for 'casual' which just sounds like btec trolling hub.

4 hours ago, keemy said:

this was basically was started a fucking witch hunt last time

Fuck'em

4 hours ago, keemy said:

Personally, I wouldn't mind playing a bit of cs exclusively with OB again, cause the HUB with randoms was a fucking shit show.

I mean, when the hub was full on open yeah shit got strange. Some people from like deluxe, aren't complete randoms who were decent additions during the open days. Like I said, it would quite strict Invite Only/Possibly Applications.

7 hours ago, Danny said:

The biggest complaint that I have ever heard in gathers is when people take the piss in a game, so idk if people would be down for 'casual' which just sounds like btec trolling hub.

I get that, but wouldn't all the people complaining about trolling be in the normal hub anyway? - I was suggesting the casual as an addition to the main one which people can go on if they don't care about being competitive/don't fit into the skill bracket of the regular hub

Defs down

Would love to get back into some good gathers.

However, if we could see something like

- no randoms

- no retards

- no rage quits

Three simple rules. Imo you must be a member or at least known to the community to be in. Fucking cba with that shit that started happening last fucking some arse piece is like OmG can ma frend play?!? he is only mGE?! lol. And this fucking edge lord danish kid with a narauto san profile pic joins and head shots everyone. KEK. 

Pllllllllease. Can we have a minimum skill requirement FROM THE START. Last time it was open from the start then we people wanted a skill requirement imposed later on it was awkward cause its like...do we kick the people we got already. (and serouisly fuck off with the "yeah i know im nova but i play at DMG!!!" cause u dont) imo this should also be done off your last known MM rank since not everyone plays faceit. This was one of the main reasons the "high level" ultra secret boys club started last time invite only cause we are actually sucking dick in here and it went some way to making sure the last hub died off. (7/10 in queue in the main one when the high skill hub queue would pop then 0 in queue on the main one)

No fucking crying or rage quiting. Simple 3 strikes your out rule. Almost everyone has shadow play or fucking odd shot or plays tv whatever the fuck now. Nominate a person to be the judge, submit clips of rage, toxic or rage quitting to them. First time - 1 hour cool down, second time 1 day cool down, third time ban from the hub. no clip, no ban. ME ORC. ME SPAM

let me know what you think thanks 

2 hours ago, Fluxy said:

- no randoms

Some people you might consider randoms, but they were regulars in the old hubs and have become decently acquainted with some members.

2 hours ago, Fluxy said:

- no retards

- no rage quits

Covered above, said straight out bans are gonna be far harsher early on to ensure no shittery.

2 hours ago, Fluxy said:

Three simple rules. Imo you must be a member or at least known to the community to be in. Fucking cba with that shit that started happening last fucking some arse piece is like OmG can ma frend play?!? he is only mGE?! lol. And this fucking edge lord danish kid with a narauto san profile pic joins and head shots everyone. KEK. 

Agreed, as said above. Plan on being far harsher. The general requirement would be at least known by a few OB members. 

2 hours ago, Fluxy said:

Pllllllllease. Can we have a minimum skill requirement FROM THE START. 

We ARE doing this. People seemed to think this was controversial when really the majority of players favoured it. The requirement would probably start of at level 5/6 or even 7, only exceptions made for people who are CLEARLY better than the requirement and stats will be monitored and etc. 

2 hours ago, Fluxy said:

(and serouisly fuck off with the "yeah i know im nova but i play at DMG!!!" cause u dont) imo this should also be done off your last known MM rank since not everyone plays faceit. This was one of the main reasons the "high level" ultra secret boys club started last time invite only cause we are actually sucking dick in here and it went some way to making sure the last hub died off.

Yeah, to be frank that hub was made to specifically avoid certain people in the hub. We didn't want to start kicking members of OB from the hub, but at some point we got sick and we had a private hub for a little bit. When there was some OB members in queue who were so bad, people would actually refuse to queue. Kinda sucks but that's the way it's always been with gathers, we're arseholes cause we wanna play some competitive games.

2 hours ago, Fluxy said:

No fucking crying or rage quiting. Simple 3 strikes your out rule. Almost everyone has shadow play or fucking odd shot or plays tv whatever the fuck now. Nominate a person to be the judge, submit clips of rage, toxic or rage quitting to them. First time - 1 hour cool down, second time 1 day cool down, third time ban from the hub. no clip, no ban. ME ORC. ME SPAM

Yeah, one of the requirements that will be in place for any Mods of the hub would be the ability to have shadow play or it's equivalents.

Also, there's been many argument over what constitutes toxicity. We're not 12 year old girls, no one's getting banned for swearing or asking questions. We all know when someone takes it too far. When it genuinely becomes a disturbance to the game that's where punishments are rolling in.

It won't be "Three strikes", cause it's kinda retarded. However, bans like in the previous hub do have a staggering effect which will graduate into permanent bans.

Edited by Danny