Sign in to follow this  
Kai

OB DayZ

specfbanner.png

I hope everyone has had a good time over the holiday period, as it comes to a new year with Outbreak, we are looking to reengage the community focus through the use of game servers and community events. More information will be coming about this in the future, but as for now, I am proud to announce our upcoming server.

As many of you may have seen at the top of the forums, Outbreak now has a DayZ server. We are currently looking for, implementing, and testing mods as well as making changes to basic server settings to make the server more enjoyable for everyone. If anyone has any suggestions on what kind of mods they would like to see added to the server, feel free to post here. Any ideas that you think could make the server more enjoyable are appreciated, although not everything is possible due to the fairly new addition of the modding tools, and there not being a crazy amount of mods available. However, we can compromise and try to fulfill these ideas as best as we can with the resources we have.

If you do have any other suggestions for servers that you think could work in Outbreak, feel free to post them below.

All the best,

The Outbreak Staff ?

1st person

Reason 1: people won't be able to literally SPY on you by hugging a corner of a wall
Reason 2: If the player base is built off of 3rd person players and the server is switched to 1st person a couple months into it, this would be a huge gamble in itself since the people who play in 3rd person would probably want it to stay that way.

Idea 2: separate server for 1st person

(sure this would split the player base but hear me out)

You could use this idea as a testing period per say, see which server gains more traction and if they both get a healthy amount of players then good, if one gets a significantly higher amount than the other (30-40 player difference), consider mainly focusing on the more populated server, at this point i'm assuming the players from the other server would have possible made an account on the forums so they would know the reason why the less popular server was closed down and they'd (hopefully) just move onto the other OB hosted server instead of moving onto a different server with similar settings (aka if they get on teamspeak don't be a cuck and drive them away).

It’s all down to availability from staff and upload speeds. The mods we have chosen need to be tested for compatibility with each other and to be sure they are balanced. Whereas we don’t have a time frame for when it will be completed as soon as the mods have been uploaded to the server I’m sure Kai will be quick to test them and get the server running ASAP.

I'm working on the modded side of the server but I've been very busy at work recently and have been a bit too drained to spend another few hours working out the proccess of modding the server and balancing accordingly. 

If anyone has any previous experience in modding a DayZ server, help would be greatly appreciated ?

57 minutes ago, giant_cheesepuff said:

I'm working on the modded side of the server but I've been very busy at work recently and have been a bit too drained to spend another few hours working out the proccess of modding the server and balancing accordingly. 

If anyone has any previous experience in modding a DayZ server, help would be greatly appreciated ?

Not good enough.