Sign in to follow this  
Vemix

The Great Silence

I've watched this video and it really makes me think... Are we alone? Are there more life out somewhere in space? What happens when we receive a message from another race? 

I would like to get your honest opinions on what you think about this.  

Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying’ – Arthur C. Clarke

Edited by Vemix

Btw go to the guy's channel. I've been subbed to him for over like 2 years now all his videos are really interesting. I recommend the eight spiders video as it perfectly demonstrates how much misinformation you can find online.

Hes called Lemmino and his channel link is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRcgy6GzDeccI7dkbbBna3Q

Heres a link to the spider video too. 

33 minutes ago, SonyTwan said:

If there is life out there we're not going to find it within humanities life time unless something is within really close proximity. 
Universe is fucking big, plus if there was life it could well have been wiped out somewhere else.

Not necessarily, you can't rule out the chance that we are not the finders but the ones being found.

The time delay from Mars to Earth is 20 minutes at light speed. The fastest spacecraft left earth at 58,000 km/h, taking the average distance between Earth and Mars, it would take roughly 160 days to get to Mars. And just to imagine, this all STILL takes place within our own solar system which is a microscopic little dot compared to our interstellar neighbourhood and that again is just a small little dot compared to our own galaxy. You could go on and on like this for quite some time until you get to the Laniakea supercluster and eventually the entire observable universe. The distance from earth to any side of the observable universe is 46.5 BILLION LIGHT YEARS. And it's entirely possible that the rest of the universe outside of the observable universe is immensely larger than we could ever imagine.

We are not alone.

Its also a very low chance that there is life that is intelligent enough to actually ever come to visit earth and the chance for life to dominate as a species and survive as a species without wiping themselves out or being wiped out by natural disasters. Also there might never be a time where any life can ever discover how to travel at light speed unless there is some unknown element that will get them to that point. Also there are many natural disasters constantly occurring in the universe, such as black holes traveling at the speed of light wiping out planets in mila seconds or super novas destroying entire solar systems.

But if there is intelligent life out there, they probably already discovered us and we are in there simulation and we will never know. 

Edited by Extinct ツ

11 minutes ago, Extinct ツ said:

Its also a very low chance that there is life that is intelligent enough to actually ever come to visit earth and the chance for life to dominate as a species and survive as a species without wiping themselves out or being wiped out by natural disasters. Also there might never be a time where any life can ever discover how to travel at light speed unless there is some unknown element that will get them to that point. Also there are many natural disasters constantly occurring in the universe, such as black holes traveling at the speed of light wiping out planets in mila seconds or super novas destroying entire solar systems.

But if there is intelligent life out there, they probably already discovered us and we are in there simulation and we will never know. 

I don't remember reading this but it was said that we possibly have been found out when a signal replied back to us. Also in 2017, there was an unknown probe that got past us and went through the milky way but had no signal and was said to have been a probe just sent out to find other galaxies.

3 hours ago, Chus said:

Btw go to the guy's channel. I've been subbed to him for over like 2 years now all his videos are really interesting. I recommend the eight spiders video as it perfectly demonstrates how much misinformation you can find online.

Hes called Lemmino and his channel link is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRcgy6GzDeccI7dkbbBna3Q

Heres a link to the spider video too. 

Been subbed for a long ass time and man I have yet to see this video, thanks for the link!