Jump to content

Recommended Posts

https://imgur.com/SLdRiYM

please explain?

genuinely wondering how you think that is what the thread was about? 

Like I to generally enjoy debating it but instead you idiots just insulted each other coz you are immature. Brandon and Quinn both acted like children and just said they hated each other without any real construct but in reality, it was just meant to be a discussion thread. It was literally called "the real chatbox" implying to me a debate? I like debating things it gives you a good view of another's perspective and I have learnt a lot from debating. Par example how I didn't like weed really but then you guys kinda insulted me and while doing that Danny, in particular, made decent points that I reflected on. 

THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH DISAGREEING ON THE TOPIC DISCUSS YOUR DIFFERENT VIEWS AND COME TO A FINAL EDUCATED CONCLUSION WHILE REMAINING CIVILISED

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Jamie said:

wasnt civilised

 

8 minutes ago, Chus said:

Brandon and Quinn both acted like children and just said they hated each other without any real construct but in reality, it was just meant to be a discussion thread.

not denying that but I genuinely wanted to discuss it. Its why I made this thread, I'm interested. Plz don't derail this guys

Share this post


Link to post

black white, striaght gay, cis trrans, we all live in a society ....

The issue with the thread was that Brandon posted it purely to bait Quinn. That he chose the contrarian Christo edgelord Jordan B Peterson shows he was not interested in earnest conversation, but rather sought to discredit Quinn's already shaky identity, preferably by tapping into some of the more reactionary knee-jerk instincts of OB.

That being said, it was still the best thread of the year (or at least joint-best with Gaffer's most recent 'is OB dead' thread), and Outbreak is poorer for it being deleted/archived/whatever.

Share this post


Link to post

being angry someone is invalidating me is acting like a child? fuck off

the validity of millions of people across the planet who are consistently and severely shafted by their societies is not up for debate

(also the video you posted was completely wrong and you don't know what the fuck you're talking about)

Edited by Quinn

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, VENGA BUS said:

That being said, it was still the best thread of the year (or at least joint-best with Gaffer's most recent 'is OB dead' thread)

fyi is ob dead was also brandon's thread haha

unless you meant 'is it time?'

Share this post


Link to post

There was some sort of 'Free Speech' angle, which I do agree with in a sense that not saying the right pronoun shouldn't amount to some sort of harassment charge. Have fun with gender fluid people. (note - Brandon totally made that thread to bait someone who he actively dislikes)

It also seems like no one actually understand what C-16 actually does, it doesn't make it constitute to 'Hate Speech' if you don't call someone by their pronoun. (Rightfully so) Using the wrong pronoun or name doesn't even begin to approach hate speech. Calling black people black isn't hate speech.

It makes it so that if you, for example, if you had gone and committed GBH against someone who was Trans because they are trans. This then becomes an aggravating factor which basically that if the person was proven to be beyond a doubt "Transphobic" that the court could merit harsher sentences. (Which is something yet again worries me, are you proven to HATE transgender people because you won't use a pronoun?)

You also can't do such things as deny them such things as employment, accommodation etc. on the grounds of their 'Gender identity'

This is also a CANADIAN law, so if you don't like by all means just don't fucking go there.

68cEORO.png

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Jamie said:

wasnt civilised

 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Danny said:

There was some sort of 'Free Speech' angle, which I do agree with in a sense that not saying the right pronoun shouldn't amount to some sort of harassment charge. Have fun with gender fluid people. (note - Brandon totally made that thread to bait someone who he actively dislikes)

It also seems like no one actually understand what C-16 actually does, it doesn't make it constitute to 'Hate Speech' if you don't call someone by their pronoun. (Rightfully so) Using the wrong pronoun or name doesn't even begin to approach hate speech. Calling black people black isn't hate speech.

It makes it so that if you, for example, if you had gone and committed GBH against someone who was Trans because they are trans. This then becomes an aggravating factor which basically that if the person was proven to be beyond a doubt "Transphobic" that the court could merit harsher sentences. (Which is something yet again worries me, are you proven to HATE transgender people because you won't use a pronoun?)

You also can't do such things as deny them such things as employment, accommodation etc. on the grounds of their 'Gender identity'

This is also a CANADIAN law, so if you don't like by all means just don't fucking go there.

68cEORO.png

that meme is such a fucking strawman

Share this post


Link to post

Wait what, who's 'us' and who's 'them'

I literally just said what C-16 actually meant after Brandon totally mislead people within the first thread and my like 1 concern with it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Jak said:

Oh, Danny's got himself an "us v them" mentality, cool.

it just so happens that at the point i have been born we've made just enough social progress, any more is just liberal nonsense!

Just now, Danny said:

Wait what, who's 'us' and who's 'them'

I literally just said what C-16 actually meant after Brandon totally mislead people within the first thread and my like 1 concern with it.

Bigotry isn't just overt hatred lmao.

"Transphobe" doesn't mean someone has a simple hatred of trans people. Not using pronouns is transphobia.

Using pronouns to refer to chromosomal sex over gender identity and using people's dead names IS hatespeech. A social dynamic where someone's identity can be invalidated like taking away a privilege is bad. Purposefully doing this is completely unacceptable.

Edited by Quinn

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×