Sign in to follow this  
Scrobbesbyrig

Battlefield V (Like, my opinion man) *HOLY SHIT*

So after my dad bought it because the man loves his graphics, I decided to buy it (at £32, fuck the £50+ bs). I can honestly say, that this game is one of the most awkward, filled with some of the worst concepts, as well as some weird as fuck bugs (such as the game every once in a while, instead of spawning you at a point, spawns you on top of your teams tank.) So, here are a few things that I have noticed.

Spoiler

The gunplay is really uncomfortable if you've played earlier titles, the changes in recoil has certainly made it easier, but if you've played earlier BF titles, it will leave you confused, and mishandling often, as you will drag your mouse further down that necessary, it's accuracy is almost pin-point in every gun, now, this sounds like a good idea, but, if your a machine-gunner, your practically capable of sniping now. Infact, a machinegunner out-damages a sniper everytime regardless of range simply due to the accuracy now. 

The gameplay in terms of mobility, is certainly reduced, no longer is your character capable of usain-bolting across the Sinai desert at speeds worthy of a gold medal, instead, it now feels like your dragging an anvil behind you as you try to dodge and weave on the streets of rotterdam while the (machinegun) snipers can now just laugh at your inability to actually stand a chance in open streets, you will almost always find yourself opening fire in situations that in earlier titles, might have made you run, as you stand a much better fucking chance holding your ground against a RPG-touting Mexican women with your pistol than trying to outrun the blast. Your HP is also on a constant melt, they have reduced the indicators for when you get shot, and the audio queue for when you are getting shot at is now so quiet, you find yourself dying and questioning it almost everytime. The changes in class make such classes like the Medic and Sniper redundant, with Assault having access to semi-auto rifles with 6x scopes and Support being the only useful "Squad-based" class left, as his ability to throw out ammo packs endlessly is worth gold. You also no longer switch "kits" instead, just weapons, as such, you can now be a Support class, and can pick up a sniper rifle, its due to things like these, you'll have 2 squadmates who spawn as support/medic, and then just pick up the first snipers they see, then run off and sniper at a distance, allowing them to heal/resupply whenever they want.

Tank warfare was worth no weight, during the first few days, a single assault could kill you with his 2 anti tank rockets, however, they have now buffed it to around 4-5 anti-tank, however, considering a single rocket can now disable your tracks/cannon/turret/engine. If you get hit once in a open fight, you are instantly fucked, as you can guarantee that something is not going to work and while tanks are playable now, they certainly have less of a presence on a battlefield than they used to.

They have made Air-warfare almost non-existant, they have buffed airplane HP in, what I think was an attempt to prolong dogfights, but, all it has done is whichever team has 2 Heavy Bombers. Wins. These things can pump out bombs like no tomorrow, although they have added finite bombs, for you to instead, be forced to go back to spawn for more. These things  are basically the Blitz if Hitler had a refueling station for the bombers in the fucking Thames. Did I also mention that Anti-Air guns do around 6-8 damage a hit? Combine that with the fact these things can only pump out 10 shots before a 5 second overheat? With the worst fucking aiming controls? Open maps with heavy bombers, guarantees at least 15 deaths, and a smug asshole on the enemy team with 55+ kills with 0 deaths, unless somebody has a good shot with a Anti-Tank rocket, those things kill a plane in 1 shot.....yep.

The maps are really a mixed bag, some of them are pretty amazing, and yet, some are the most irritating and rage-inducing that DICE has to offer they offer, one of their most impressive maps, Twisted Steel, features one of the largest bridges that Battlefield has ever made, and yet, its also one of the most cancerous locations on the map, whichever team has control of it, has a full 360 view of the entire map, although, if you do control it, chances are, its your heavy bombers that won the bridge, as this entire map has 0% Air cover. Its one of the most irritating maps when in reality it should be one of the greatest maps just in pure awe of how huge it is, but whenever I search for a game, and it loads to twisted steel, all I can find myself doing is just pressing Escape as fast as I can so I can leave the fuckfest that is about to take place.

I don't think I have to mention the customisation, its been mentioned a thousand times by god knows how many media outlets, but in all honesty its not that bad. The majority of skins you can earn through completing assignments, all the way to the point you have a golden gun, the uniforms available are okay, and fit the Era,although wearing a fucking trenchcoat with a bunch slogans written over it is certainly not 'muh historically accurate', they have not strayed too far, and the more "fortnite-esque" customisation has been torn out from the game. The only thing worthy of mentioning from the character choosing, is that, if you pick a girl, your not doing it because you want to be that "one guy", you do it because by god, the death screams of the women are at least DOUBLE the volume of a man dying, and so, if you really wanna annoy people, constantly spam the "Call for Help" button, and watch every player avoid you like the plague because any closer and their ear drums are going to take a beating.

A TL:DR, the game feels so different, and not in a good way, I would of thought for the amount of times DICE delayed this game, whether it was to take out the gayer customisation options or to fix bugs, I can't help but feel like they have released the game at least 2 months early for the sake of Christmas. Its gameplay is weird and hard to get used to, and the amount of issues in the game in terms of balance is so off. 

If you even thought about getting this game, the only thing I can offer is a solid "skip this shit". RIP my £32.

Edited by Keiji Motori

7 hours ago, Keiji Motori said:

So after my dad bought it because the man loves his graphics, I decided to buy it (at £32, fuck the £50+ bs). I can honestly say, that this game is one of the most awkward, filled with some of the worst concepts, as well as some weird as fuck bugs (such as the game every once in a while, instead of spawning you at a point, spawns you on top of your teams tank.) So, here are a few things that I have noticed.

Reveal hidden contents

The gunplay is really uncomfortable if you've played earlier titles, the changes in recoil has certainly made it easier, but if you've played earlier BF titles, it will leave you confused, and mishandling often, as you will drag your mouse further down that necessary, it's accuracy is almost pin-point in every gun, now, this sounds like a good idea, but, if your a machine-gunner, your practically capable of sniping now. Infact, a machinegunner out-damages a sniper everytime regardless of range simply due to the accuracy now. 

The gameplay in terms of mobility, is certainly reduced, no longer is your character capable of usain-bolting across the Sinai desert at speeds worthy of a gold medal, instead, it now feels like your dragging an anvil behind you as you try to dodge and weave on the streets of rotterdam while the (machinegun) snipers can now just laugh at your inability to actually stand a chance in open streets, you will almost always find yourself opening fire in situations that in earlier titles, might have made you run, as you stand a much better fucking chance holding your ground against a RPG-touting Mexican women with your pistol than trying to outrun the blast. Your HP is also on a constant melt, they have reduced the indicators for when you get shot, and the audio queue for when you are getting shot at is now so quiet, you find yourself dying and questioning it almost everytime. The changes in class make such classes like the Medic and Sniper redundant, with Assault having access to semi-auto rifles with 6x scopes and Support being the only useful "Squad-based" class left, as his ability to throw out ammo packs endlessly is worth gold. You also no longer switch "kits" instead, just weapons, as such, you can now be a Support class, and can pick up a sniper rifle, its due to things like these, you'll have 2 squadmates who spawn as support/medic, and then just pick up the first snipers they see, then run off and sniper at a distance, allowing them to heal/resupply whenever they want.

Tank warfare was worth no weight, during the first few days, a single assault could kill you with his 2 anti tank rockets, however, they have now buffed it to around 4-5 anti-tank, however, considering a single rocket can now disable your tracks/cannon/turret/engine. If you get hit once in a open fight, you are instantly fucked, as you can guarantee that something is not going to work and while tanks are playable now, they certainly have less of a presence on a battlefield than they used to.

They have made Air-warfare almost non-existant, they have buffed airplane HP in, what I think was an attempt to prolong dogfights, but, all it has done is whichever team has 2 Heavy Bombers. Wins. These things can pump out bombs like no tomorrow, although they have added finite bombs, for you to instead, be forced to go back to spawn for more. These things  are basically the Blitz if Hitler had a refueling station for the bombers in the fucking Thames. Did I also mention that Anti-Air guns do around 6-8 damage a hit? Combine that with the fact these things can only pump out 10 shots before a 5 second overheat? With the worst fucking aiming controls? Open maps with heavy bombers, guarantees at least 15 deaths, and a smug asshole on the enemy team with 55+ kills with 0 deaths, unless somebody has a good shot with a Anti-Tank rocket, those things kill a plane in 1 shot.....yep.

The maps are really a mixed bag, some of them are pretty amazing, and yet, some are the most irritating and rage-inducing that DICE has to offer they offer, one of their most impressive maps, Twisted Steel, features one of the largest bridges that Battlefield has ever made, and yet, its also one of the most cancerous locations on the map, whichever team has control of it, has a full 360 view of the entire map, although, if you do control it, chances are, its your heavy bombers that won the bridge, as this entire map has 0% Air cover. Its one of the most irritating maps when in reality it should be one of the greatest maps just in pure awe of how huge it is, but whenever I search for a game, and it loads to twisted steel, all I can find myself doing is just pressing Escape as fast as I can so I can leave the fuckfest that is about to take place.

I don't think I have to mention the customisation, its been mentioned a thousand times by god knows how many media outlets, but in all honesty its not that bad. The majority of skins you can earn through completing assignments, all the way to the point you have a golden gun, the uniforms available are okay, and fit the Era,although wearing a fucking trenchcoat with a bunch slogans written over it is certainly not 'muh historically accurate', they have not strayed too far, and the more "fortnite-esque" customisation has been torn out from the game. The only thing worthy of mentioning from the character choosing, is that, if you pick a girl, your not doing it because you want to be that "one guy", you do it because by god, the death screams of the women are at least DOUBLE the volume of a man dying, and so, if you really wanna annoy people, constantly spam the "Call for Help" button, and watch every player avoid you like the plague because any closer and their ear drums are going to take a beating.

A TL:DR, the game feels so different, and not in a good way, I would of thought for the amount of times DICE delayed this game, whether it was to take out the gayer customisation options or to fix bugs, I can't help but feel like they have released the game at least 2 months early for the sake of Christmas. Its gameplay is weird and hard to get used to, and the amount of issues in the game in terms of balance is so off. 

If you even thought about getting this game, the only thing I can offer is a solid "skip this shit". RIP my £32.

There is a new game called "World War 3" that I've seen which basically looks like Battlefield 3 reskined. The reviews say its like battlefield but can have more improvements with the mechanics.  The only downside I have read is that the gameplay isn't smooth and optimizations is bad.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/674020/World_War_3/

Edited by Vemix

So....The game has already dropped in price across the board (except Origin with its £55, they still holding on while CDKeys store sells them for £35)

for the US, 50% in price reduction, from $80 to $30 on Target for PS4/Xbox. $40 for PC.

80 USD = £62.66    $30 = £23.50. 

Physical copies have also been reviewed in the UK, less than half the amount of BF1.

Generally, prices go down after Christmas. Not sure whether this is a play for the Supermarkets to sell the physical copies they have in store, or whether it was an actual decision by EA for its marketed price. But it says at least one thing, its just not selling like its supposed too.