Sign in to follow this  
Frostie

A very overdue update

I would personally like to apologize for how long this has taken to get to everyone, I understand the frustration that has been built up around the lack of information from staff to members but I can put your hearts to rest by telling you there have been no new updates. We have had few talks about what can change to improve footfall into the community and during these talks nothing has been suggested to do so. As it stands we are a community of on going friends which create servers by popular demand, there is no dead set game that people can play without getting quickly bored of it which begs the question of why put in a few weeks time and effort into something that will last 1 week?

During tonight's admin meeting we discussed a few topics of importance and would like to give the information directly to you;

Teamspeak/Discord

After the vote we have concluded that the community will remain on the Teamspeak 3 server however we will still have the Discord server for a back up, with this decision being made we will be introducing a "donation cup" onto the Forums to allow us to maintain the upkeep of the server. If there is a lack of funds we will fund the remained for the month but if it is a reoccurring thing then we will have to close the Teamspeak server and move to discord. Teamspeak 5 is soon to be released and we hope to have very similar abilities as Discord has.

Chatbox

We will be moving the Chatbox onto the front of the forums, however it will be located near the bottom of the page and will require log-in to view it. If anyone is seen breaking the Chatbox rules or just being disrespectful they will have their access removed.

Servers

Over the past few months we have been working on a Minecraft server, constructing building and testing plug-ins. We have now decided that won't be going ahead and we will likely be creating a Vanilla server with a spawn area, the server will be wiped every month to avoid things getting stale and give new teams a chance to take the lead in warfare. This is only a idea at the moment and we are open to any other ideas you guys may have.

We will try rolling out different servers (not Minecraft) in vanilla states without over modding so they don't take too long to set up to just be put back in the toy box. If you have any games in mind then please feel free to mention it in this post or to any of us (preferably not Cheesepuff as he tends to forget).

Donation system

We will have a widget on the front page which will show how much of our monthly goal we have achieved, the goal will be around £20 per month so we are able to keep the Teamspeak server up, if in the future we require any additional funds we will make a post to let you guys know whats happening so not to keep everything behind the scenes.

We appreciate you taking the time to read this and hope this helps you to understand where we stand.

Also Senior Mod role has been retired because of our currently smaller team, with that both Frostie and Kai have been promoted up to Admin role. With the Server if there is anything you'd like to be throw up to try and test it out we'll try to accommodate but it gonna require support from the community specially if you want get it up fast.

P.S Wist mentioned this to be before thought I'd bring it up but if something goes missing of the forums such as the legend at the bottom and it's not added please ASK about it or just mention to me so actually give you an explanation. I didn't even know the legend wasn't there as it was meant to be... 

Good update. I’ll absolutely be donating as promised previously. On that front, how about setting up something like a patreon? Just a passing thought, not looking for a discussion on that in this thread. It’ll definitely make it easier for someone as forgetful as me to donate regularly.

Also, Tower Unite server anyone?

It's good to have an update. I think it's important that a monthly update comes from you guys if you're serious about getting this going.

I'm frustrated seeing the months roll by with nothing being done or communicated, knowing that I personally wouldn't ever let that happen if this place was my responsibility. That being besides the point, I can't complain that you are now giving us this update, and promising new things. Just stick to them and more importantly, prove that you can deliver them.

I voiced my annoyances with the community when I was a mod last time, and I was just totally ignored until it was raised in the Discord thread. You can't ignore people to that extent if you want it to grow. Communication is in practice on of the easiest things to do, but it can be hard to mentally prepare yourself for the consequences of it. I think you need to prove that you can be more transparent by consistently interacting with members on the forums. Don't read controversial threads and not respond. We all look to the community owner when discussing plans/future/topics around Outbreak as a whole, and for the last few months we've had nothing to look at.

I'm glad this has happened, albeit slightly sceptical if totally honest. I'm always around if extra help is required, but only if the task is treated with some trust and room to operate.

Edit: To show you why I am sceptical, a quote from Conor from the last update, which was in MARCH:

Final Note

Finally congratulations to one of our newer Moderators on being promoted to Senior Moderator. He has excelled in his role and has gone above and beyond to ensure tasks within the community are getting done. Throughout these past few months, he has been proactively supporting me and the community using his own initiative. He has been responsible for directing multiple choices for the future of the community with the assistance of the Admin Team and doesn't show any signs of slowing down. So a big congratulations to Frostie.

-----------

So, for 2 weeks of really working hard, he got senior mod, then months of doing nothing gets him admin. I think @Fluxy should be running this place by now by that logic. ? 

Edited by Mintlou

3 hours ago, Frostie said:

Servers

Over the past few months we have been working on a Minecraft server, constructing building and testing plug-ins. We have now decided that won't be going ahead and we will likely be creating a Vanilla server with a spawn area, the server will be wiped every month to avoid things getting stale and give new teams a chance to take the lead in warfare. This is only a idea at the moment and we are open to any other ideas you guys may have.

I do not want this to seem like i am attacking you guys, but this honestly made me slightly wince. So you're saying you spent months working on a server (which by the way, has failed countless times to bring in new players) which you then scrapped to a pure vanilla server with no plugins which undone months of 'work' for this to only "be an idea"? These past few months have been unacceptable.

We appreciate the post and we appreciate ideas are low but this is just... WTF?! The lack of ideas isn't an excuse for going quiet with no communication though, face it if there was nothing kicking off publicly would you have even made this post?

On a more positive note, thank you for adding the shoutbox back finally and please feel the need to deal with people who break it's rules. Let's hope it allows for more global interaction! I have been thinking of having golf it community nights on the weekends to get some of you interacted with the scary OG's if anyone was down for that also.

Once again thank you for the update to what has quite frankly been an embarrassing few months. Let's hope the future is brighter.

I would play the shit out of a skill surf server. It's still very popular on CS and being a CS based community you should definitely give something lile this a go. I'm sure plenty of people would be willing to spend time on it getting it populated. (Not specifically surf) 

Every team needs a home ground to play on!

I still think minigames is the best option. A lot of variety in regards to maps and content - you can have surf on it too.

It was probably our most popular server that's been tried in the last few years. I think it'd also be the most popular amongst our current member base. 

Perhaps we still have the maps storred up so it wouldn't be hard to get going? I'd be willing to put in 1-2 hours a day modding it or just playing it.

2 hours ago, Lewis said:

I still think minigames is the best option. A lot of variety in regards to maps and content - you can have surf on it too.

It was probably our most popular server that's been tried in the last few years. I think it'd also be the most popular amongst our current member base. 

Perhaps we still have the maps storred up so it wouldn't be hard to get going? I'd be willing to put in 1-2 hours a day modding it or just playing it.

As a side note to this I would probably remove the leaderboard if you were gonna bring this back, it just made people play gamemodes that farmed points (Mario Party KOTH was the most aids shit I've ever played)