Sign in to follow this  

is ob dead?

OB won't go further. This community is more badly managed than Brexit - a confused stagnation of nothingness run by people who won't take risks or assume responsibility for anything that happens in fear of causing upset.

My "what if" for the day is: What if UnSeen was given owner when Conor decided he was getting bored - which is totally fine, people get bored of doing the same shit, not a criticism. Then UnSeen goes to uni and hands it over to someone else he trusted. We could still have been a growing gaming community in the time that has passed, with fresh owners with new ideas and methods. This is the longest spell of nothing since the community's existence and it is depressing if you care about wanting to see it grow.

Oh well. 

10 hours ago, Mintlou said:

OB won't go further. This community is more badly managed than Brexit - a confused stagnation of nothingness run by people who won't take risks or assume responsibility for anything that happens in fear of causing upset.

My "what if" for the day is: What if UnSeen was given owner when Conor decided he was getting bored - which is totally fine, people get bored of doing the same shit, not a criticism. Then UnSeen goes to uni and hands it over to someone else he trusted. We could still have been a growing gaming community in the time that has passed, with fresh owners with new ideas and methods. This is the longest spell of nothing since the community's existence and it is depressing if you care about wanting to see it grow.

Oh well. 

Wasn't Unseen offered co owner and then declined?

I agree with what you're saying and we are probably on the same wavelength about this stuff but it's not like Conor didn't offer Unseen that opportunity.

Other than Unseen I can't really think of another who would have suited owner of OB but then again I don't know most of the community as well as I used to.

1 hour ago, Fluxy said:

Who would have been owner after Unseen tho?

That's a part of the "no risk" thing thought isn't it? UnSeen would have picked someone to help him, he would have been forced to if he wanted his time back. Risk doesn't always equal reward, but it would be more exciting than what we've had for all this time. 

Only viable owner is someone technical. If you can run the servers, plugins, website, teamspeak and whatever else as well as Conor has, then maybe you're in with a shot. OB won't grow without servers, and you CANNOT be owner without the technical knowledge. Even if you have a hish0t, they'll end up running the place before you know it.