Sign in to follow this  
IrishChamp

How did you find OB?

Personally I was quite new to CS. I was so bad and had no rank and was getting stomped in official DMs so I went looking through the server browser for fun game modes. I used to really enjoy the Saxton Hale mod on TF2.

I was popping in and out of community servers to see if I liked the look of anything and then stuck around for a bit. Got hooked instantly

When i started my second year at colleage I met a first year on the bus called Mark. We talked about computing as we were both studying it and the conversation moved to video games. We both played Counter Strike: Source and Mark suggested I check out the gaming community he was a member of. That community was Outbreak.

Not long after this I joined the Jailbreak server that Mark told me about but I had never played Jailbreak before and quickly left as I didn't understand it.

About a month later Mark told me the community was starting a Surf server, which he knew I liked. I became a regular on the Surf server but noticed more players were on the Jailbreak so I decided to give it another chance.

Once I became a regular on both servers I applied for membership status. After a week trial I was accepted.

Over 5 years later, many different games and game servers, plenty of different players I am still here. I'm happy to see the community has grown with waves of players and I hope we can continue to do so in the future with the move to discord and a variety of different games.

17 minutes ago, IrishChamp said:

@Skeff what about Mark? When did he leave? This story was cool but I need closure!!!

My bad, I'm not great at finishing stories.

@Markannable left Outbreak in early 2013, a little after I became a member. We still talked to each other occasionally throughout the college year and a little into my first year at uni but since Mark wasn't really interested in Counter Strike we haven't talked in a few years. I hope he is doing well.

I used to play Unturned when I met someone named "Renzo", we used to play alot of games with each other and after a game of War Thunder, we decided to hop on CSGO and find out what to do. Renzo wanted to go on a jailbreak server and troll while I was confused and new to the gamemode Jailbreak. The first time I loaded in I heard Lupha commanding amd some little girl talking big smack *cough* @Rachel *cough*. My friend got kicked after shooting someone in the foot (back when admins were serious) and I had a great time. 

Spoiler

Joined this community because I met someone on Unturned.