Chus

Is pineapple on pizza good?

Is pineapple on pizza good?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is pineapple on pizza good?

21 hours ago, VENGA BUS said:

I agree. Lemon and lime also work in no food ever made. Acid is bad.

Lemon is okay in food because it's not sweet and acidic. Pineapple is bad in food because it's excessively sweet and far too acidic. Might as well just skip the step of trying to pair it with anything and drink straight HFCS and throw sulphuric acid in my own face, as is the trend nowadays.

5 hours ago, Jak said:

Lemon is okay in food because it's not sweet and acidic. Pineapple is bad in food because it's excessively sweet and far too acidic. Might as well just skip the step of trying to pair it with anything and drink straight HFCS and throw sulphuric acid in my own face, as is the trend nowadays.

Itt someone who doesn't know how to cook but ok

Voice of reason and pizza connoisseur has arrived.

So my stance on pineapple pizza is that it's nice. If mum buys one from the supermarket for me and sticks it in the freezer I won't discard it, if I go to someone's house and they have pineapple pizza I will happily eat it and enjoy it. 

BUT - I will not go out of my way to purchase or choose it in a shop or at a restaurant. There are far better pizzas out there (Diavola, Meaty, Chicken Feast, Sofia) which the average person would surely pick.

I would add at this point that the best Pineapple pizza is Ham and Pineapple AND that includes when the Pineapple pieces are fairly small. AKA not like this:

khampineapple.png?anchor=center&mode=cro

But like this:

ham-and-pineapple-pizza.jpg?width=1229&h

I want to clear up some points I find troubling on this matter:

1) Ham and Pineapple is not some sort of 'rarity' which is exclusive to pizza, I've had it cooked for me before at dinner parties (Roast Gammon).
2) Olives are a fruit, and they are enjoyed on pizza.
3) You then may say that Pineapple is far too sweet. Perhaps. But if you enjoy tomato ketchup with your pizza it's odd that you'd find small bits of pineapple too sweet for you.
4) I don't get the ridiculously intense hatred towards it, it seems pretty unique to pineapple pizza as a food. Surely it can't taste as bad as things like nuts or marmite, to those people who hate those things? Like, I remember recently when the founder of this pizza died, comments were all like 'good riddance, disgusting man'.