Sign in to follow this  
Jamie

Prime Conor's Questions - PCQ

22 hours ago, Jamie said:

Conor, is Discord still happening? If so when can we expect to see the transition? If it's cancelled, then why has it been cancelled?

Just created a Discord thread for all important information and rules should get an idea on most of the stuff we have on it if you haven't been on it yet. Next we'll be doing a vote to pick which VOIP we end up going to which should be coming some time next week.

18 hours ago, Eraser said:

When is the next minecraft server coming?

Want to do it after the next Minecraft Update, since the next update Aquatic is meant to add a ton of so should be interesting to try it out together.

6 hours ago, Veng3nce said:

When is the League of Legends tournament?

Probably August if there interest in people playing.

6 hours ago, Joji said:

Will JB be revived ? If so, when will it come back ?

Yeah when CSGO 2 comes out.

4 hours ago, Vemix said:

Where did the CS Tourney go?

No idea, need to ask Kai who gone on holiday. It may have been cancelled given that only about 5 people signed up thought I'm not 100% sure.

3 hours ago, SonyTwan said:

Do you see OB ever being able to grow again, and if so with what games?
I'm not particularly fussed if it doesn't.
A WoW classic guild could work, but that's eons away.

Probably if we ever find a weird game that works for us to actually make a server on it though its finding that something special. At the same time at the moment were a Gaming Community where people come on to play various of other games whatever peaks our interests which I honestly don't really mind too much, I've been playing ton's of borderlands with Cheesy recently gonna play Pre sequel on Monday if anyone wants to join.  

2 hours ago, VENGA BUS said:

If I was a girl what would be the best way to sort out my high ping?

Becoming a Tit... Twitch Streamer, have donation perks like access to Private Instagram and Snapchat after that you'll get loads of money for better Internets.  

1 hour ago, Mintlou said:

Too bad you won't get any answers. PROVE ME WRONG. 

When you post as "Crybaby Mintlou" It's genuinely makes me want to do the opposite.

1 hour ago, Rory said:

Anyone could answer this probably but still.

Is the website slower to load these days? It takes me a good 3-5 seconds to get the page up initially and another similar amount of time to get through the splash page. 

Not having this problem with any other website and it's the same for both my phone and on PC.

Landing page needs to be fixed, as people suggested if you just go straight to forums everything will load quicker. 

46 minutes ago, Frostie said:

Stuff

:heart: We going to Chester on Sunday then? xoxo

What is the current sense of the admin team of the health of OB? I should say, I think you guys have done a great job, all things considered. It's remarkable OB is as busy as it is without servers. But are you confident it will continue? Are we financially stable? What's the plan going forward?

On 21/07/2018 at 09:43, Wist said:

What is the current sense of the admin team of the health of OB? I should say, I think you guys have done a great job, all things considered. It's remarkable OB is as busy as it is without servers. But are you confident it will continue? Are we financially stable? What's the plan going forward?

The Plan going forward:

• OB Server's
    • Try to throw up a server a month for different game and try out game we haven't done before.
    • Try simpler server ideas that don't require much set up to get up and running.
  • Community Game Nights
    • Try out doing organised game nights. 
    • Although this would need to be helped by Members with either suggested or help organising.

So our current plan is about trying out new things and should something develop into OB's next big thing capitalise on it. Not everything we try out we may like or may even work for us but we can at least say we've tried it out.

Financially OB total costs have been lowered significantly, should we end up moving to discord we'll only have to pay for Website Stuff, should we stay on Teamspeak we'll look for funding from our community maybe integrating a donation panel on the side of the forums where everyone can see what we need for our monthly costs.

I'd say most people stay with OB because they enjoy the regulars that our on most nights, you can just join TS play some games with friends or just chill and talk shit for hours. So long as our community is inclusive and welcomes anyone it gives people reason to stay and get to know each other. We'll try out new things as we go along maybe that we can make special in our OB way.