Sign in to follow this  
The Untainted One

Outbreak Rocket League Summer Tournament 2018

Outbreak Rocket League Summer Tournament 2018 Signup

General Information

The most likely dates for the tournament will be on the 6th and 7th of July (subject to change depending on player availability). I'm going to see what dates everyone is available on so that we can have as many people play as possible. Rocket League will probably be the tournament with the least amount of players so it's pretty important to get as many people involved as I can. In terms of how the tournament will actually be run will depend on the amount of players that sign up. My plan is as follows:

8 Players = Solo

16 Players = Doubles

24 Players = Triples

Format

The format of the games will depend on how many players are involved in the tournament. The tournament will be made using the in game tournament creator unless we end up with a number of players that doesn't fit the criteria for the tournament to be used (Bracket size can only be set in sizes of 8*2^n e.g. 8, 16, 32, etc).

If using the in game tournament creator, the tournament will be a bracket elimination in BO5 format and the final will be BO7. This can be reduced to BO3 and BO5 final depending on what people want.

If not using the in game tournament creator, I will most likely stick to last year's format of a group stage followed by a knockout stage.

Rules

There aren't really any rules to Rocket League so turn up to play and don't rage quit games are pretty much it.

Signup Below

Extra Note

If you don't have a solo rank then play 10 solo games to get a rank.

Anyone who would like to stream games would be much appreciated.

Please feel free to purchase rocket league and play in this tournament after a couple of hours play time. There is not going to be a skill requirement for this tournament but it would be nice if you at least got an hour or two of playtime before the tournament so you know the basics. 

Rocket League is currently £7.49 in the Steam sale (Down from £8.99 in last year's sale):

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252950/Rocket_League/