Sign in to follow this  
Dank Potato

Realm Royale

Since I haven't seen about it yet, here I am.

I played a tiny bit recently and have to say that this new royal game is actually pretty fun. Also, fortnite has been getting boring for me so this is a good way for me to carry on playing other battle royal games. This game has loads of nice mechanics that make it have a unique feel instead of just another copy of fortnite, for example the forgery and Armour. Although, this game only have a duos and squad mode which means you can only go solo with fill or solo squads/duos. Meaning it's a bit hard to get into.

But, I doubt any game will ever get as big as fortnite and my friends are probably going to just stick to playing that. Yay.

Edited by Dank Potato

4 hours ago, SonyTwan said:

I've played and won a couple of games and it seems alright.
I'm bored of PUBG and don't like building in Fortnite.
Will be down to play at some point.

Some classes much stronger than others right now but ofc only alpha

Which classes do you think are the most OP? I've been using hunter and the legendary seems to do 1000 damage nearly all hits.

4 hours ago, SonyTwan said:

Some classes much stronger than others right now but ofc only alpha

The game is never going to leave Alpha/Early Access. Don't give Devs free passes for being lazy with balancing or fixing bugs just because they slap some label on it.

21 minutes ago, IrishChamp said:

The game is never going to leave Alpha/Early Access. Don't give Devs free passes for being lazy with balancing or fixing bugs just because they slap some label on it.

You've got a point, but you can't really call the devs lazy right now as it has only been out for a few days. If they don't fix it in a week or so then you could call them lazy.

Alright, been playing for a few hours now... I think it's an absolute heap of shit. You get all these fancy abilities that barely mean anything in a fight. It's all about who can hit his shots and you don't even need good aim for it, because even when you blatently miss it will still register most of the times. Wonder where they will end up with this game, but I am pretty sure the skill ceiling is so low, it won't ever take off.

The abilities are definitely useful, however it seems the more mobile you are the more powerful you are.
Warrior has 2 abilities to travel a good distance, makes it really easy to reposition, run, or go in to finish a kill.
Warrior and Hunter class weapons need a nerf or the other class weapons need bringing up.

15 minutes ago, SonyTwan said:

The abilities are definitely useful, however it seems the more mobile you are the more powerful you are.
Warrior has 2 abilities to travel a good distance, makes it really easy to reposition, run, or go in to finish a kill.
Warrior and Hunter class weapons need a nerf or the other class weapons need bringing up.

I agree that mobility abilities are useful, but for example the assassin abilities are mostly useless in a 1v1. Or barely useful I should probably say. I still think that the skill ceiling of this game is way too low.

12 minutes ago, Finnley said:

I agree that mobility abilities are useful, but for example the assassin abilities are mostly useless in a 1v1. Or barely useful I should probably say. I still think that the skill ceiling of this game is way too low.

I would say the engineer needs a buff, seems to only be good inside houses and even then can be pretty easily outplayed, and the weapon for both engineer and mage is dog shit in comparison to other classes.

I think the skill ceiling is higher than you make it out to be - the hit reg has seemed pretty good to me when I've played it and someone who can hit consistent headshots is gonna win way more fights than someone going for bodies. Plus, take the summit clips for examples of how abilities can be used to outplay opponents: imagine the fights that could take place if both players were using those types of tricks (guaranteed that some classes like engineer + mage would be disadvantaged considering the lack of mobility they have).