Honestly I prefer TS by a mile but Discord isn't even that bad I dunno why people are so butthurt over moving, only thing that's gonna change is the platform we'll be speaking nothing big really.

Edited by Akame™

Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, are given a chance to climb. They refuse, they cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, are given a chance to climb. They refuse, they cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

his exams broke him

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

MOM IM WATCHING GAME OF THRONES GET OUT

Regardless of the arguing that is undergoing in this thread the reality is we are going to try Discord. Nobody enjoys asking for money which is why we have gone about it this way. If we can avoid others needlessly giving us money when we can use a cheaper voice communication method then we will, if it fails then we shall turn to you guys for help. This is a community of friends and memes and we don’t want you to have to pay to be here. A simple google search will help you work out how much we pay per month for JUST the Teamspeak server, look for the 100 slot server.

Ah that's the spirit. When someone offers to resolve the apparently primary concern of the community, bitterly fob them off by telling them to Google something. Great job.

Maybe if you "higher ups" didn't act like children, spoke up about potential problems and treated the people here like members of a community, Conor wouldn't have some shitty sob story about how much money he's apparently wasting on something he clearly doesn't give a shit about anymore.

I suggested googling because I’m in the states and everything is $ for me. I just didn’t want to give you an inaccurate number given your statement saying you’d outright pay for it. 

We talk about potential problems between ourselves and give it to you when we have the “right way” of telling you guys.

Get off of your pedestal. You've always had a habit (intentional or not) of writing in such a way that suggests you are some genuine figure of authority rather than a humble OB member. 

Don't patronise us by suggesting you have to rephrase financial news for us, there doesn't need to be a "right way", there needs to be an honest one.  

The problem is funding. 

Things that help reduce the cost:

• Fewer slots
  • Switching providers
  • Switching server method (dedi vs hosted)
  • Self-running
  • Asking for donations

Or switching to a free service without asking anyone. The "right way". Makes you dink.