After hearing a few other opinions on TS with groups of people i dont normally game with.

Here is a strawpoll.

https://strawpoll.com/aw92yd45 (I have updated the strawpoll for those who are not fussed with either)

Also, as there isn't really an option for Conor due to funding for TS, a good amount of us said we would fund a TS if discord isn't wanted after the trial period.
We would keep it exactly how it is, no one is expecting mod or any other type of perms for donating.  

For a 100 man TS its around £200-250, So going off £250 it would be £20 per month so i am suggesting and asking if anyone would like to help with the donations.
The more that who are willing to help would mean being cheaper for each individual, but if we can get 10 people at £2 per month then its easily done and helps conor out alot.

Can you say if you are willing to help in the comments please.

Edited by gaffeR

50 minutes ago, gaffeR said:

After hearing a few other opinions on TS with groups of people i dont normally game with.

Here is a strawpoll.

https://strawpoll.com/aw92yd45 (I have updated the strawpoll for those who are not fussed with either)

You could try at least wait for the testing period to be done and everyone to try Discord, as was laid out in the plan Conor made. He literally said that he would make a form asking for feedback but once again you're trying to jump in first.

Well over the last couple of years Irish we have had great communication with the Mods/Admins about things that are going on, you know like when we literally got told that in 7 days we are putting up a discord because we cant afford TS. I am trying to get a team together who are willing to pay for the TeamSpeak you moron.

2 minutes ago, gaffeR said:

Well over the last couple of years Irish we have had great communication with the Mods/Admins about things that are going on, you know like when we literally got told that in 7 days we are putting up a discord because we cant afford TS. I am trying to get a team together who are willing to pay for the TeamSpeak you moron.

jak pays

1 minute ago, gaffeR said:

Then why is your strawpoll asking about whether we should move to Discord or not instead of asking if people would contribute to Teamspeak hosting? 

I understood the content of your post but have no idea why the poll was in there.

You literally just sit on your high horse on the forums, you have no idea what chats we have had on TS, Watsapp and then you pop on the forums with a stick up your arse.
We wasnt even told on the forums about discord, we got a message on watsapp about it.

And the strawpoll is still valid.

3 minutes ago, gaffeR said:

Well over the last couple of years Irish we have had great communication with the Mods/Admins about things that are going on, you know like when we literally got told that in 7 days we are putting up a discord because we cant afford TS. 

Also it's not like there weren't countless threads asking for Discord. What would you have preferred? A 6 month period so you can mentally prepare for the changeover?

There's honestly no winning with you guys. Constantly give out about the stagnation of the community and then when efforts to change to a newer, more accessible platform are given then you whine and say you wish you had been told earlier.

Just now, IrishChamp said:

Also it's not like there weren't countless threads asking for Discord. What would you have preferred? A 6 month period so you can mentally prepare for the changeover?

There's honestly no winning with you guys. Constantly give out about the stagnation of the community and then when efforts to change to a newer, more accessible platform are given then you whine and say you wish you had been told earlier.

No a few weeks might have been nice, especially when the only reason for changing is funding which could have easily been fixed had we known.

@IrishChamp

p2YIYvX.jpg

4 hours ago, IrishChamp said:

There's honestly no winning with you guys.

Hmmm. We wouldn't want to encourage people to lurk in the silent text chat channels would we? Think about all the wonderful people you wouldn't meet!

If you're going to be a self-righteous, argumentative little pin-head, at least be consistent about it; because there is no winning with someone who can't make up their mind either. 

9 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

@IrishChamp

p2YIYvX.jpg

Hmmm. We wouldn't want to encourage people to lurk in the silent text chat channels would we? Think about all the wonderful people you wouldn't meet!

If you're going to be a self-righteous, argumentative little pin-head, at least be consistent about it; because there is no winning with someone who can't make up their mind either. 

So what you're saying is that I must remain cemented in my views from the past and can't change my mind? Because if so I don't understand the point of any argument over the topic seeing as people aren't allowed to change sides.