1 minute ago, Mintlou said:

So now you're getting fed screenshots from the mod section to come back at me?

Just adding context because it appears that your narrative of nobody responds to my thread isn't very solid.

6 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

Why can't I just have this chat with Conor? The only one who can make the changes. 

You already have ? Alternatively Conor and yourself are on TS right now and could have the discussion again if you'd like.

23 hours ago, Sir_Conor said:

I didn't give feedback on this particular topic as I wanted to see all the moderators who would actually reply and give feedback and for the most part Kai and Cheesepuff had already summed up everything for me. Anything else I wanted to discuss on in I waiting for the admin meeting where we went over it although beforehand in your 1on1 I discussed this with you...  

So you're still acting as a mouthpiece for someone else. ok.  And I've already replied to his bit, so why are we going there again. 

Stop stirring the pot.

Edit: Also, you seem to have completely skimmed over that justification you asked for.

We're both wasting our time here. So I'll stop replying now. 

Edited by Mintlou

7 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

So you're still acting as a mouthpiece for someone else. ok.  And I've already replied to his bit, so why are we going there again. 

Stop stirring the pot.

Edit: Also, you seem to have completely skimmed over that justification you asked for.

The other mods disagreed with you and then you ragequit. Think that sums it up really ?

1 hour ago, Veng3nce said:

So no justification just a personal attack at me instead.

@Wist @Lewis @UnSeen 

Guess you guys are just tumbleweed as well for going to uni and not being on TS every day ?

???

-disappears for 4 months

-returns to veng3nce, a kid who can't even spell vengeance properly of all people baiting me hard

15 hours ago, Mintlou said:

?

39 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

Vengeance cherry-picking data to suit his argument:

USUaIKc.jpg

It's a big NT you boot licking cunt. 

Two full posts breaking down each point with a reason vs "Mods don't need this stuff but it can be useful"

I wasn't cherry picking data, just showing you that I wasn't as uninformed as you suggested. 

Here's my counter arguments to your justification

• Ban for more than a day - Allows you to enforce harsher punishments, ban old people on new accounts

The whole point of banning for a day is that the ban is then reviewed by the team as a whole to see if the person deserves a longer ban. Involving everyone which is what people keep asking for.

• Delete own bans - Remove sanctions if an accident was made or you felt it could be reduced

I can see why you would need this if you make a mistake. But if you're banning someone you should clearly take an extra 30 seconds to check you have everything right before doing the ban.

• Give talk priority - Useful for events and managing a channel with many people playing one game

You get extra permissions when you're an event host to do that. This is such a niche feature that almost never gets used. No need to have access to it 24/7 when you might not use it more than once a month.

• Edit channels - Change topics when some new game is being played, edit descriptions for comedic effect and change audio settings if someone wants to play music

For changing topics, if a new game is being played then the generic games rooms can be used

Edit descriptions for comedic effect????

Change audio settings if someone wants to play music????

Where do you come to the conclusion that those two points are justification for being able to edit channels. Your job isn't to be a comedian or a DJ.

• Change user description - If it's offensive it can be changed, If you want to assign someone one for an event then you can

You can ban them if they don't change it. You're there to enforce the rules so enforce them. The argument is that you don't have enough power, but in this situation you have the power to do exactly what you need to. Editing the user description means you probably won't ban them and won't be doing your job properly.

• Can't go into the small council chambers - When a mod meeting is on you can move yourself in there

This isn't justification, just a statement. Conor can move you in when he's ready to start the meeting. You don't need access to that room other than for those meetings, why can't you wait 2 seconds and then be dragged in?

• Can't see the complaints list - This is a basic mod permission, you should be able to see who is causing trouble

Again I can see where you're coming from with this point but what stops you from asking in a mod meeting for who's been making trouble and then noting it down so you can keep a close eye on them.

• Can't see TS permissions - View permissions for all ranks to answer questions about what people can and cannot do - the sort of thing people talk to mods about

It's pretty self explanatory what permissions everyone has on teamspeak, 

• Can't see server log - useful for finding ban evaders
  • Can't post in all chat - useful for events and special announcements

Forums

• Can't delete own post - Useful if you make a mistake, or simply didn't want that comment anymore

If you make a mistake there's an edit button. If you really want a post gone you can hide the post and then it can be removed by an SMod+

• Can't delete other posts - So that you can remove posts that break the rules

With the size of the mod team now it probably would help with cleaning up the forums, but when there were more smods+ this definitely wasn't needed.

• Can't move spam posts - We used to have a spam bin, so we can move low tier content

With the size of the mod team now it probably would help with cleaning up the forums, but when there were more smods+ this definitely wasn't needed.

• Can't give warning points - this is what mods are for, to moderate the community with the tools provided

This is what mods are for in your opinion. 

• Can't edit other posts - correct embed errors on other posts

Niche reason, it's up to users learn how to embed their own posts correctly, you don't need to spoon feed them.

• Can't close topics - close content that is getting out of hand

• Can't post without approval - A mod should be trusted enough to post without needing approval

This is definitely in reference to a niche situation where it won't bring any benefit to the mods apart from it gets you mad that you don't feel trusted enough.

• Can't approve posts - they are appointed mod to moderate the forums , this should be one of their responsibilities

In your opinion that what mods are for, but blatantly they're not otherwise they would be able to moderate the forums fully. 

• Can't view bans/sanctions/warning points - Again with the TS thing, it ensures everyone is in the loop with troublesome players

Again I can see where you're coming from with this point but what stops you from asking in a mod meeting for who's been making trouble and then noting it down so you can keep a close eye on them.

This is all a bit formal isn't it? 

My opinions aren't based on "I want more power" they are based on giving people the ability to do an effective job. I feel that if things were done more openly, you wouldn't have so many people leaving in a fed up state. And no that isn't something that just applies to me. 

28 minutes ago, Veng3nce said:
  • Can't give warning points - this is what mods are for, to moderate the community with the tools provided

This is what mods are for in your opinion

That is the absolute definition of what an internet community moderator is. Are you suggesting that mods shouldn't be able to moderate the platforms they are a part of?

It seems like we are roughly on the same page with a few of the above points, which I'm happy about. 

34 minutes ago, Veng3nce said:
  • Give talk priority - Useful for events and managing a channel with many people playing one game

You get extra permissions when you're an event host to do that. This is such a niche feature that almost never gets used. No need to have access to it 24/7 when you might not use it more than once a month.

If it's so niche, there shouldn't be any problem people having it permanently then. Why bother to restrict it? It's a standard TS admin group permission when you create a new server. 

36 minutes ago, Veng3nce said:
  • Can't go into the small council chambers - When a mod meeting is on you can move yourself in there

This isn't justification, just a statement. Conor can move you in when he's ready to start the meeting. You don't need access to that room other than for those meetings, why can't you wait 2 seconds and then be dragged in?

Why can't people be trusted to move themselves into a meeting they've been invited to, or have a lower join power meeting room where meetings take place. I understand the need for a top-level private room, perhaps meetings should be held somewhere else.

It's an internet community FFS not a parliamentary jurisdiction procedure. OB seems to follow a very strict least privilege principal. Give people the flexibility and they will prove themselves. And RE: "not posting any more" I won't let someone get away with posting half the story.

1 hour ago, Mintlou said:

I won't let someone get away with posting half the story.

Isn't that what you pretty much did? You posted your bit but left out the fact that out of the 3 mods that replied, 2 had detailed posts that disagreed with it on most of the points kinda misses most of the context.

On 03/06/2018 at 22:32, Mintlou said:

My attitude about ideas very quickly went under the rug when senior staff members didn't even reply to this post addressing critical things about the mod position.

You said senior staff members didn't even reply to that thread, which is true, but you left out that I had spoken to you in your 1on1 about it which I gave my personal reasons on it, being that I felt for the most part Kai and Cheesepuff had already summed up everything for me and that I didn't want to say "x is not happening"/"y is not getting added" I wanted to see who replied and what they thought and anything else would be discussed in an admin meeting which it was... 

It was even agreed that some of the things we discussed were to be added e.g. approving content/posts and view warning points. During the meeting it was said that there isn't much content that is actually reported, maybe a couple of posts a month. But from that point on, mods were to report any content they thought was necessary so we could get an actual idea of how mods can help out on the forums or if it was actually even needed. If it was, then we add it in the future.

36 minutes ago, Sir_Conor said:

Isn't that what you pretty much did? You posted your bit but left out the fact that out of the 3 mods that replied, 2 had detailed posts that disagreed with it on most of the points kinda misses most of the context.

I only posted my own reasons for my gripes, not the select responses from other people to try to prove/disprove a certain view point. Until that is, I had to dig out some alternative arguments. 

Thanks for responding though. Although if you felt that way about their posts, why didn't you communicate that on the thread? In the end I guess it doesn't even really matter for me, as I doubt I'll be in a position to help out anymore. And as you've seen on this thread, you and I have very different ideas about the way things should be set out.

It would be good to see the role open up a bit more - That's all this 5 page debate has really been about. 

2 hours ago, SlayerX said:

I dont wanna read up all what happend here.. so i just ask has OB gona to discord ? And whats the link or inv link to that ? 

Thanks

Hey SlayerX.

Long time no see, fyi we dont have any server up atm ( not that i know of), right now everyone is kinda doing their own thing on ts and as you can see we might move to discord ?.

Hope i recaped everything for your seasonal post.

Wait what.