3 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

My statements were all based on facts. It is a fact that we cannot do those things. It is a fact that the mod team was more trusted at the time those tools were given to them and it gave them a chance to properly moderate and prove themselves in that position. You are trying to start an argument you don't have the facts to finish.

I did justify them, you can't see the rest of that thread or any of the other posts made around that topic because I've only posted the initial thing. 

Yes it is a fact that you can't do it. That's the point of the post???? Just give a reason as to why, right now, you would need those permissions. If you justified it then why not justify it again with the same post? Seems like you don't have any justification and instead decided to tell me I'm too uninformed to understand.

I've spoke briefly to the people who won't be using Discord such as Venga and gaffer, and honestly it's a shame that they don't want to even try Discord although I can't really say they're my friends, in the brief period were we might have played a gather or Siege or something, I enjoyed it, can't really force someone to do what they don't want to. Discord might look alien to people who've never used it before but if people aren't willing to even try it, what can you do really, if people leave OB cause of Discord it'll be a shame really but that's their choice and at the end of the day you might as well respect it.

NGL, haven't seen conversations this deep in a long time, good thread, +1

About discord, I don't see what the problem is, give it a chance, if we as a community really dislike it that much then provide the money necessary to keep the ts up and that's that, I also prefer ts, but discord isn't that much worse in any way. Hell it even has different chat channels that can basically be used as a chatbox, since the one on the forums is dead.

Edited by GingerPopper

Teamspeak

• Ban for more than a day - Allows you to enforce harsher punishments, ban old people on new accounts
  • Delete own bans - Remove sanctions if an accident was made or you felt it could be reduced
  • Give talk priority - Useful for events and managing a channel with many people playing one game
  • Edit channels - Change topics when some new game is being played, edit descriptions for comedic effect and change audio settings if someone wants to play music
  • Change user description - If it's offensive it can be changed, If you want to assign someone one for an event then you can
  • Can't go into the small council chambers - When a mod meeting is on you can move yourself in there
  • Can't see the complaints list - This is a basic mod permission, you should be able to see who is causing trouble
  • Can't see TS permissions - View permissions for all ranks to answer questions about what people can and cannot do - the sort of thing people talk to mods about
  • Can't see server log - useful for finding ban evaders
  • Can't post in all chat - useful for events and special announcements

Forums

• Can't delete own post - Useful if you make a mistake, or simply didn't want that comment anymore
  • Can't delete other posts - So that you can remove posts that break the rules
  • Can't move spam posts - We used to have a spam bin, so we can move low tier content
  • Can't give warning points - this is what mods are for, to moderate the community with the tools provided
  • Can't edit other posts - correct embed errors on other posts
  • Can't close topics - close content that is getting out of hand
  • Can't post without approval - A mod should be trusted enough to post without needing approval
  • Can't approve posts - they are appointed mod to moderate the forums , this should be one of their responsibilities
  • Can't view bans/sanctions/warning points - Again with the TS thing, it ensures everyone is in the loop with troublesome players