10 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

The community ran just fine when mods were trusted to have those permissions. It's more about the feeling of being selected to be a mod, only to then by contrast feel so untrusted with needless restriction. As I've already mentioned, one person can't do everything so giving mods more tools to keep the community on track is never a bad idea. 

The role of "senior mod" should never have happened. It is pointless. Mod < Admin < Head Admin < Owner(s). It renders regular mods to moderating game servers only, when they can be trusted to do so much more than that, and if they can't, get them off the team. You have to give people a sense of belonging and trust to let them develop into better mods. 

And the community has run just fine when mods don't have these permissions. You're moaning because you didn't get all the power you wanted. Maybe try staying on and working your way to those permissions rather than crying about not having them and then leaving the team? 

Reasons why you don't need these permissions:

• Can't ban for more than a day

Mods ban users and then SMod+ review the bans and determine if they need to be banned for longer. 

• Can't give talk channel priority

There isn't a single situation you would ever need this as a mod. When was the last time someone needed this?

• Can't edit channels

There is never an urgent reason to edit a channel so you don't need this permission.

• Can't change user description

If people have offensive user descriptions then tell them to remove it and then ban them if they don't comply

• Can't go into small council chambers

There's a mod+ room on TS, you don't need to go into this room.

• Can't see the complaints list

There isn't a single situation you would ever need this as a mod.

• Can't see TS permissions list for channels, members or self

• Can't see server log

• Can't post in all chat

All chat is only for important announcements, if it's that important then an SMod+ will post it.

Forums:

Forums is meant to be moderated by SMod+ so these permissions just aren't needed by mods

• Can't delete own posts

You can hide your own posts which can later be deleted by SMod+

• Can't delete other posts

• Can't move spam posts

• Can't give warning points

• Can't edit other posts

• Can't close topics

• Can't post everywhere without the approval thing. 

Not sure where you mean exactly with this one so can't comment.

• Can't approve posts

• Can't view bans/sanctions/warning points

I can see why you would want this one but definitely isn't necessary for the role of mod.

Well, with the recent culling of the disabled school. Surely giving the remaining mods some extra powers where necessary seems /somewhat/ sensible. (Seems braindead that mods can't unban people they have banned)

Or imo best thing to do would be to actually use the admin role and then get + few more mods and I don't really see a problem on this whole 'Mods don't have enough power REEEEEE'

Don't really think there's any problem with the powers of mods, just aren't enough around when someone from the hub needs perms or need AFK's being pushed along. 

2 minutes ago, Veng3nce said:

Maybe try staying on and working your way to those permissions

Oh, just like Frostie did. The promotions are greatly helped by a sprinkling of nepotism.

"There isn't a single reason..." Isn't justification at all. It's all what you personally think. You've just gone out the way to disagree with me, much like some of the other OB members do...

My response: There isn't a single reason for someone to be such an anal control freak to limit those permissions in the first place. From the stuff we've seen in the past, there isn't much joy in the process of working your way up here anyway. OB should never been stuck with a single owner. Biggest mistake made. 

8 minutes ago, Veng3nce said:

Not sure where you mean exactly with this one so can't comment.

It wasn't for you to reply to anyway. It seems like you've got yourself on the Smod high-horse when you are actually just another piece of tumble weed that passes by this community and cries when it gets stuck. You actually used to be someone who integrated well and played games with us.

1 minute ago, Mintlou said:

My response: There isn't a single reason for someone to be such an anal control freak to limit those permissions in the first place. From the stuff we've seen in the past, there isn't much joy in the process of working your way up here anyway. OB should never been stuck with a single owner. Biggest mistake made. 

It wasn't for you to reply to anyway. It seems like you've got yourself on the Smod high-horse when you are actually just another piece of tumble weed that passes by this community and cries when it gets stuck. You actually used to be someone who integrated well and played games with us.

So no justification just a personal attack at me instead.

@Wist @Lewis @UnSeen 

Guess you guys are just tumbleweed as well for going to uni and not being on TS every day ?

2 minutes ago, Extinct ツ said:

Will discord have the same perms mechanic like teamspeak? Where mods+ can only give perms to new people who join.

Stop talking about the thread topic in the middle of drama retard, let the cauldron stir.

13 minutes ago, Mintlou said:

"There isn't a single reason..." Isn't justification at all. It's all what you personally think. You've just gone out the way to disagree with me, much like some of the other OB members do...

So you're saying all of my justification is personal opinion and then your response is personal opinion????

Try justifying why you need those permissions rather than writing about why Conor is the big bad wolf hoarding all the juicy permissions for himself. I'm still waiting for "There isn't a single reason..." to be countered with a reason.

?

My statements were all based on facts. It is a fact that we cannot do those things. It is a fact that the mod team was more trusted at the time those tools were given to them and it gave them a chance to properly moderate and prove themselves in that position. You are trying to start an argument you don't have the facts to finish.

I did justify them, you can't see the rest of that thread or any of the other posts made around that topic because I've only posted the initial thing.