@Sir_Conor awesome, thanks. Good reply and much appreciated. Why don’t you be more open about your intentions from the start? I’d love to help test those kind of things. And I’m happy to tie over the spends for TS. At least, if you’re dead set on discord for god knows what reason, until the channel is absolutely ready and functioning.

On 03/06/2018 at 17:26, Finnley said:

It literally has always been the point, every time we have arguments about what is going to change in this community. Nobody ever wants to actually do something, but people always complain. Seen it up-close back when..

So what were you doing as a yellow admin that whole time? You had the greatest chance to so something out of anyone and you didn't, I don't remember you advising us to raise funds back then or tell us how deep this hole was.

On 03/06/2018 at 18:30, Kai said:

@Mintlou, Where was this attitude towards ideas when you were on the mod team?? Like I've been saying to people in TS, if people aren't willing to at least try discord, then we're pretty much just dropping the dead weight of the community if those people don't come. All the people who are bashing discord and saying they aren't going to come along when we do change to it, are exactly the kind of people that Finnley mentioned...

Right.... Ok then.

I made this post in the mod section shortly before I stepped down. It was the reason I went in the end:

L3Txbxc.jpg

My attitude about ideas very quickly went under the rug when senior staff members didn't even reply to this post addressing critical things about the mod position. Everyone had read it within the first day of it going up. Kai, I think you actually replied first on that one, followed by Cheespuff. Conor didn't, and it also took a while for Frostie to come in. 

I've lost count of the amount of times I've willingly asked to help this community with tech stuff. It is fair enough if my help was never wanted, but not fair to say I didn't try.

I was shocked by the outcome then, and utterly demoralised at any hope for this community if things carry on the way they do. 

Edited by Mintlou

1 minute ago, Mintlou said:

So what were you doing as a yellow admin that whole time? You had the greatest chance to so something out of anyone and you didn't, I don't remember you advising us to raise funds back then or tell us how deep this hole was.

The reason why I stepped down was because I didn't feel like I was doing anything, I did mention this in the post I made about stepping down... That said; Different time, different problems. 

The Discord Trial plan.

1. Finish setting up channels and permissions (This should be done very soon)
  2. Alpha testing (This should start in the weekend)
    1. I'll create a sign up for this if you want to help out with this. (If you've previously used Discord it'll be helpful)
    2. This will be to fix any bugs or issues that may arisen and try and iron out any kinks.
    3. Once everything is checked to be working as it should, we'll review any suggestions that alpha testers may have.
  3. Beta Testing (We would like everyone to at least try it out with an open mind) 
    1. This will be an open test for everyone to try Discord for Outbreak.
    2. We will be listing for feedback during this week, making changes/fix/updates as it goes along.
    3. This should last around for around a week. 
  4. Review and Final decision
    1. A form will be created where we'll get feedback and what your preference of VOIP service would be.

Following feedback should it be decided that discord is not for us, funds would be needed to be raised for a 1 Year's rental of a Teamspeak Server. With a quick google search prices can range from around £150-£250 for 1 years rental with 100 slots. 

Probably missed something but that's it for now, if you've got any question just ask and I'll try to answer them. 

?

11 minutes ago, Jak said:

@Sir_Conor just out of interest, when was the last time there was anywhere near 100 people on TS? I’d suggest if discord doesn’t work, there could be significant cost savings by cutting slots.

To be fair I have a lot of experience with Discord and my personal  opinion is that it is great, it is a free, good and reliable application that provides good audio quality for a free voice communication source. Even if it doesn't work straight away give it a couple of shots and advertise it. You'll get the hang of it, and oh please add bots.

My reason for not moving is the fact that i don't want too, ive used TS since the day it came out and personally i am not willing to change, ive not joined other community for the same reason in the past.

If the community wants to crack on and go to discord the so be it, but for me i will not be joining and that is my choice.

The fact is the community leaders have wasted a lot of cash on a dedibox, which yes it was a good investment when jailbreak was busy and we used to get ddossed every 10 minutes, but for over a year now we haven't had a sustainable server and the amount of money that was put into a dedibox was wasted because nothing was being done even when people offered their services.

Ive loved my years being around most of you guys and I wish you guys the best of luck.

Regards

Danthegaff

'drops microphone and walks away from Outbreak'